Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFC is Lousy!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

NFC is Lousy!

I'll be honest...I don't count GB among the elite teams right now. They really have to step it up a notch to be in that group.

I think Minnesota is in the group with Moss, but if comes back and can't play any more this season (a possibility with a hammy), the Vikes are out of the elite also.

To be honest, I really don't see the Rams OR the Falcons being "elite" in the truest sense. I would really only give the title to Philly until some other NFC team proves otherwise.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

NFC is Lousy!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "dan3ski" wrote:
    The Vikings have the talent if they would just play 60 minutes of football they would be awesome. I think it is a coaching problem. Tice's doghouse is full all the time and it is way to easy to get in there.
    Tice should be in his own doghouse with all the stupid calls he has made this year...I really like the guy, but he needs to get his sh*t together!
    Alas, that is the main problem. Tice gets outcoached.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

NFC is Lousy!

I am still not impressed with Atlanta even with their record at 7-2. Philly as it stands should have a cake-walk through the NFC but based upon the past three years they may falter when it matters most. The rest of the NFC is average right now, no clear powers.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

cheesefree is offline Starter

Re: NFC is Lousy!

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    a pittsburg fan-friend of mine brought up a good point... The Eagles who are supposed to be the NFC's elite had trouble against a half-decent baltimore and just fell apart when they played the AFC's now elite Pittsburg. This leads me to think, the NFC is lousy compaired to the teams in the AFC.

Here are the elite? in the NFC:
    1. Eagles
    2. Atlanta
    3. Vikes
    4. Greenbay
    5. Rams

That is it! none of these teams are impressive, including (sorry to say, the vikes) compaired to AFC's elite which extends much farther and wider:

1. Pitt
    2. Colts
    3. Patriots
    4. Jags
    5. Chargers
    6. Ravens
    7. and even the Jets and Bengals
    The Broncos sure snuck under the radar on this list. I think they are a much better balanced team than the defenseless Colts or offenseless Ravens. The Bengals aren't even at .500 yet, and it might be a little early to put the Chargers in the elite category also.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

NFC is Lousy!

Yeah, the AFC list should definitely have the Broncos on there.

They are a little inconsistant but they are tough.

As Plummer goes so do the Broncs.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

NFC is Lousy!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I'll be honest...I don't count GB among the elite teams right now. They really have to step it up a notch to be in that group.

I think Minnesota is in the group with Moss, but if comes back and can't play any more this season (a possibility with a hammy), the Vikes are out of the elite also.

To be honest, I really don't see the Rams OR the Falcons being "elite" in the truest sense. I would really only give the title to Philly until some other NFC team proves otherwise.
    this is my whole point... Green Bay, the Vikes, and St. Louis shouldn't really be the elite NFC, but becuase the NFC sucks so much, they unfortunately are.. I am not talking predictions here, i am talking what it is like now. Philly is the only team that would be elite in either NFC or AFC, and they are not as good as a lot of people think they are. The best teams in the NFL are the Patriots, the Stealers, and the Colts (this is even with their lack of D, cause philly has little D too)... then maybe Philly (cause their offense isn't as good as INDY).

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

NFC is Lousy!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Yeah, the AFC list should definitely have the Broncos on there.

They are a little inconsistant but they are tough.

As Plummer goes so do the Broncs.
    you know, i thought about denver hitting my list...this is what i usually say about them when asked (simply) "Those Broncos are a squirly bunch..."

they are not great, but they tend to give good and bad teams the same treatment--(broncos say) "we will just stick around till the end of the game and see if we get the last posession...we don't try to kill anyone..."

they recently took a bit of a skid, losing to Cin and ATL...they barely beat Carolina and Tampa...last time I checked 3 out of four of these teams were from crappy NFC... the only team they killed was Oakland which my flag football team could beat. The broncos are somewhere in there (the bottom of the elite) maybe tied with CIN and the Jets, but not much better. If they were in the NFC, they be right behind Atlanta (at #3). I do predict Cin will be the Stealer spoiler this Sunday...but who knows....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12