Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFC is Lousy!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

NFC is Lousy!

a pittsburg fan-friend of mine brought up a good point... The Eagles who are supposed to be the NFC's elite had trouble against a half-decent baltimore and just fell apart when they played the AFC's now elite Pittsburg. This leads me to think, the NFC is lousy compaired to the teams in the AFC.

Here are the elite? in the NFC:
    1. Eagles
    2. Atlanta
    3. Vikes
    4. Greenbay
    5. Rams

That is it! none of these teams are impressive, including (sorry to say, the vikes) compaired to AFC's elite which extends much farther and wider:

1. Pitt
    2. Colts
    3. Patriots
    4. Jags
    5. Chargers
    6. Ravens
    7. and even the Jets and Bengals

The NFC just cannot compete right now...this is why Vegas already is giving any AFC team in the super bowl the odds. Every one of the NFC elite has a sub-par defense. If only the Vikes get there defense on track, they would be a powerhouse in the NFC. the eagles have no excuse to not make it to the superbowl and the vikes have no excuse to not make it to the play-offs this year... hell, we should be able to get in with 9-7 as long as we beat Green Bay over x-mas.... LET'S MAKE A RUN! GO VIKES!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

NFC is Lousy!

The Vikings have the talent if they would just play 60 minutes of football they would be awesome. I think it is a coaching problem. Tice's doghouse is full all the time and it is way to easy to get in there.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

NFC is Lousy!

"dan3ski" wrote:
    The Vikings have the talent if they would just play 60 minutes of football they would be awesome. I think it is a coaching problem. Tice's doghouse is full all the time and it is way to easy to get in there.
    The pessimists are going to be all over your comment. It is a way too optimistic view of our team than they would like.

I want to agree with you. I definitely agree with you on the offense. We need to get more consistant play from the D. They have shown glimpses and I am not giving up on them yet. We need to make the playoffs so we get an extra few games to let the D roll.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFC is Lousy!

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    a pittsburg fan-friend of mine brought up a good point... The Eagles who are supposed to be the NFC's elite had trouble against a half-decent baltimore and just fell apart when they played the AFC's now elite Pittsburg. This leads me to think, the NFC is lousy compaired to the teams in the AFC.

Here are the elite? in the NFC:
    1. Eagles
    2. Atlanta
    3. Vikes
    4. Greenbay
    5. Rams

That is it! none of these teams are impressive, including (sorry to say, the vikes) compaired to AFC's elite which extends much farther and wider:

1. Pitt
    2. Colts
    3. Patriots
    4. Jags
    5. Chargers
    6. Ravens
    7. and even the Jets and Bengals

The NFC just cannot compete right now...this is why Vegas already is giving any AFC team in the super bowl the odds. Every one of the NFC elite has a sub-par defense. If only the Vikes get there defense on track, they would be a powerhouse in the NFC. the eagles have no excuse to not make it to the superbowl and the vikes have no excuse to not make it to the play-offs this year... hell, we should be able to get in with 9-7 as long as we beat Green Bay over x-mas.... LET'S MAKE A RUN! GO VIKES!
    True, this is the year to emerge from the NFC. In order to win the SB you have to get there. It is easier to get there in the NFC this year.

Once you get there it is a 50-50 chance to win.

I think that the NFC is in that everyone is equal stage. The teams in the NFL that have the D get the props. The NFC has no real D power house orientated teams this year. The couple of teams in the NFC that have D have no O, ARIZONA and BEARS. I thought that the Giants had D but they have be decimated by injuries the last few weeks and struggled against a few teams that have D, the BEARS, AZ, Lions.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NFC is Lousy!

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Tice should be in his own doghouse with all the stupid calls he has made this year...I really like the guy, but he needs to get his sh*t together!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

NFC is Lousy!

not giving up on the Vikes...don't won't. "We HAVE THEM (the NFC) RIGHT WHERE WE WANT THEM!" if the NFC teams will be lousy, which they are, than the Vikes can easily be the shiniest piece of doody on this side of the country, if not the entire NFC. If our D makes the other team punt more than 6 times a game we will win more and more and more... i am not even setting the goals too high here...more than 6 times to win more...more than 10 punts to win every game. this is because of our potent O even w/o Moss.

it sounds simple but tell that to Cotrell...'sigh' he either stinks or our Defense is too dumb to play his Defensive sceems...

later.

Packerguy is offline Rookie

NFC is Lousy!

I totally agree with this post.

Ironically this is precisely why Packer and viking fans can get a bit excited because there is no dominate team to have to go through on the road to the superbowl.

If either of these teams (packers, vikings) had above average defenses they would be scary.

My opinion is philly can be beat. I look forward to the packers taking their shot at them.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

NFC is Lousy!

Oh i know Philly can be beat, there good because they beat the teams they should beat, but there Schedule is cake and they dont play high compition much this year. They played both the Vikes and Packers but niether team played up to there potential against them.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

NFC is Lousy!

the pack is yet to play philly yet. the way that run d in philly plays, i like our chances.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

NFC is Lousy!

And with the way the packer secondary played as well as philly being at home, I like the eagles chances.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast