Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

Next year will be the year

I know we still have a playoff game and I hope for the best, but I do not think this year is our year. It could definitely be next year. We are set up for an amazing team next year with our current roster and cap room.

That is if Red won't be cheap and our coaches start stepping it up. No one has been impressed with our playcalling. I live in Virginia where Skins fans are everywhere. They give me so much sh!t about last sunday's game. Most of them say the Vikes are the worst coached team in the NFL. And they are right. But I think things will be figured out next year. We still need players on D. In free agency, if Red will let us and the coaches aren't retarded again (a la not wanting Jeramiah Trotter), There are John Abraham or Carlos Hall at DE. Pat Williams and Seth Payne look ok at DT. Plenty of Options at LB like Ed Hartwell, Kendrell Bell, Julian Peterson, Jeramiah Trotter(wonder if we get him this time), and Antonio Pierce. I also think Dat Nguyen might be released from the Cowboys. Not Much at Safety. Charles Woodson, Ken Lucas, and Fred Smoot are some of the best Corners. We then could use our draft pick on the best player available in the first or trade for more picks or other players.

I know it is early but I want a Super Bowl instead of just getting to the playoffs. I am still excited about the game but don't think this is our year. But with a weak NFC, who knows? GO VIKES! :salute:
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

agreed

I agree also, but the problem is that we probably wont get those players, and if we do, it will probably be only one of them. I really hope that I eat my words though, because we are so close to being a top team in the NFL.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I think I said that this was not going to be the Viking year at the beginning. However, I said it was due to you guys bringing in so many young people and new players that it was going to take time to gel.

I'm not sure if I was right in the reasoning. I still think it comes down to the coach. You guys have too much talent to keep P**sing it away.

But, please continue to p*** it away, at least until after Sunday.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

man I would love if the Vikes got Ed Hartwell. that dude is like my cousin.....well actually not really he's my step-brother's cousin, but we grew up together
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Delete

delete

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

WE HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO DISCUSS THIS!

I am waiting until we are out of the Playoffs to partake in this one.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Next year won't be the year unless this team improves defensively, and significantly. Even an "average" defense would make the Vikings a top Super Bowl contender. Ranking in the bottom five in defense almost guarantees a wild card round playoff loss.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

The Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl
    this year. Why wait?????
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Let's just hope the rumored sale to Glenn Taylor in the next couple weeks has some truth to it...then we will be primed for a superbowl champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast