Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    adamkirsch is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    36

    Next Viking to be released...

    With M. Griffin and T. Key released yesterday, and assuming the Vikings sign all 5 draft picks prior to the start of training camp, they still must release one more player prior to training camp.
    Who will that player be?
    Winner(s) get .... temporary adulation.

    My pick:
    CB Dee McCann

    Other possibilities:
    QB B. Bollinger; OL T. Mattran; OL M. Jones; DT L. Douzable; WR D. Davis

    My pick and the Other possibilities noted above are based on current roster depth at various positions, and otherwise are pulled out of my arse based on my all-too-limited knowledge of players who are deeper down on the depth chart.

  2. #2
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    "adamkirsch" wrote:
    With M. Griffin and T. Key released yesterday, and assuming the Vikings sign all 5 draft picks prior to the start of training camp, they still must release one more player prior to training camp.
    Who will that player be?
    Winner(s) get .... temporary adulation.

    My pick:

    CB Dee McCann

    Other possibilities:
    QB B. Bollinger; OL T. Mattran; OL M. Jones; DT L. Douzable; WR D. Davis

    My pick and the Other possibilities noted above are based on current roster depth at various positions, and otherwise are pulled out of my arse based on my all-too-limited knowledge of players who are deeper down on the depth chart.
    I really thought Griffen or Key might make it to the practice squad. However, i guess we are set at saftey

  3. #3
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,773

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    Actually, since our draft picks haven't signed, I don't think they count toward the limit yet.
    So, from what I thought I read, we need to cut SIX more guys to sign our 5 draftees and make the 80 person TC limit...?

    I don't want to pick anybody...but right now, it looks like we've got too many QBs, and way more than the 6 LBs we carried last year...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  4. #4
    Capital_J's Avatar
    Capital_J is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    131

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    wow looks like it was kyle wright?

    http://www.vikings.com/TeamRosterMoves.aspx
    www.capitaljscorner.com

  5. #5
    adamkirsch is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    36

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    Well, if I'd have just waited for a few minutes ... there would have been no need for my post!
    And, not surprisingly, I missed the mark completely with my prediction/possibilities.

    I figured Wright for training camp and possible practice squad material.
    I thought if any QB was let go, it would be Bollinger, possibly upon his request so he might have a chance of catching on somewhere else for training camp.
    Not that I have any idea where that might be, with other more impressive FA QBs still sitting out there unsigned.


    Maybe there actually will be a bit of a camp battle b/t Frerotte and Bollinger?
    Jackson and Booty are virtual locks, I assume.

  6. #6
    Capital_J's Avatar
    Capital_J is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    131

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    "adamkirsch" wrote:
    Well, if I'd have just waited for a few minutes ... there would have been no need for my post!
    And, not surprisingly, I missed the mark completely with my prediction/possibilities.

    I figured Wright for training camp and possible practice squad material.

    I thought if any QB was let go, it would be Bollinger, possibly upon his request so he might have a chance of catching on somewhere else for training camp.
    Not that I have any idea where that might be, with other more impressive FA QBs still sitting out there unsigned.


    Maybe there actually will be a bit of a camp battle b/t Frerotte and Bollinger?
    Jackson and Booty are virtual locks, I assume.
    I agree. I actually was in the process of typing why I thought it'd be Bollinger and then I went to the Vikings website to check something quick and saw that. Whatever happens in training camp, Childress better not try sneaking JDB on the practice squad.
    www.capitaljscorner.com

  7. #7
    adamkirsch is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    36

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    "Capital_J" wrote:
    "adamkirsch" wrote:
    Well, if I'd have just waited for a few minutes ... there would have been no need for my post!
    And, not surprisingly, I missed the mark completely with my prediction/possibilities.

    I figured Wright for training camp and possible practice squad material.

    I thought if any QB was let go, it would be Bollinger, possibly upon his request so he might have a chance of catching on somewhere else for training camp.
    Not that I have any idea where that might be, with other more impressive FA QBs still sitting out there unsigned.


    Maybe there actually will be a bit of a camp battle b/t Frerotte and Bollinger?
    Jackson and Booty are virtual locks, I assume.
    I agree. I actually was in the process of typing why I thought it'd be Bollinger and then I went to the Vikings website to check something quick and saw that. Whatever happens in training camp, Childress better not try sneaking JDB on the practice squad.
    Nah, I think Childress learned his lesson last year with Thigpen.
    I don't suppose there's any chance Childress keeps 4 QBs on the roster, at least not with two of them being Bollinger and Frerotte.

  8. #8
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,223

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    Uh ... there is NO WAY Frerotte is getting cut. The third QB spot will be between Bollinger and JDB. I think Bollinger will likely be cut in the long run. I think we have more than one cut to make by the way.

  9. #9
    adamkirsch is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    36

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    I think the Wright cut gets the roster down to 80, unsigned draftees (which is all of them) included.
    No doubt there might be other additions/subtractions before training camp, but I don't think the team HAS to make any more cuts before training camp.

    I think it's doubtful Frerotte gets cut, as well, but I simply can't imagine them cutting Booty.
    Since I don't think Bollinger is there to compete with Booty, who is he there to compete with?
    I figured Frerotte, though it might not be much of a competition.

    I might recall some talk from Childress or someone else to the effect that Bollinger and Booty are competing for the last spot, but don't you think that's just smoke to create some sort of fire under Booty's booty?
    I'd be much more shocked by Booty being released than I would by Frerotte being released, though I think it's pretty assured the QB roster will be Jackson-Frerotte-Booty.


  10. #10
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,223

    Re: Next Viking to be released...

    "adamkirsch" wrote:
    I think the Wright cut gets the roster down to 80, unsigned draftees (which is all of them) included.
    No doubt there might be other additions/subtractions before training camp, but I don't think the team HAS to make any more cuts before training camp.

    I think it's doubtful Frerotte gets cut, as well, but I simply can't imagine them cutting Booty.
    Since I don't think Bollinger is there to compete with Booty, who is he there to compete with?
    I figured Frerotte, though it might not be much of a competition.

    I might recall some talk from Childress or someone else to the effect that Bollinger and Booty are competing for the last spot, but don't you think that's just smoke to create some sort of fire under Booty's booty?
    I'd be much more shocked by Booty being released than I would by Frerotte being released, though I think it's pretty assured the QB roster will be Jackson-Frerotte-Booty.

    It is not doubtful is all I am saying. Frerotte IS THE NO. 2 GUY. Booty and Bollinger would be competing for the third spot if there is a competition to be had. I think Bollinger is just on the way out. But no ... I would not be SHOCKED to see Booty cut for Bollinger for the third slot, but surprised.
    Frerotte is costing too much money. There is 0% they cut him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tim Dwight Released
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 12:47 PM
  2. More names released
    By audioghost in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:55 PM
  3. johnson released
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 03:40 PM
  4. Kelly Released
    By VikemanX84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 12:24 PM
  5. Kelly to be Released?
    By kramer9guy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •