Next step for Vikings tackle Phil Loadholt: consistency

Next step for Vikings tackle Phil Loadholt: consistency - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I thought he showed consistency....

He was consistently bad.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Leslie Frazier considers the mammoth 6-foot-8, 343-pound Loadholt "one of the top offensive tackles, right tackle in particular, when it comes to pass blocking."
    I think Frasier is out of touch with reality. Loadholt has allowed 49 sacks in the past 3 years. Something about that doesn't scream "one of the top offensive tackles" in the league.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I think Frasier is out of touch with reality. Loadholt has allowed 49 sacks in the past 3 years. Something about that doesn't scream "one of the top offensive tackles" in the league.
    Frazier and co. just don't seem to get it. There are glaring holes in the roster and scheme, but Frazier and Spielman address these with mid-level talent, one year contracts and failed assistant coaches.

Hopefully the bright side to all of this is that Spielman and Frazier are fired sooner rather than later.

I like Frazier, he's just not cut-out to be a headcoach in the NFL.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 06-26-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    It all starts with the scheme. Coach them to run 1 or 2 blocking schemes (not four), teach your TE's and RB's how to help in those 2 blocking schemes and then quit running bunched sets so the defense doesn't have to spread out on the field.

That will help guys like Load to progress instead of regress like he did last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The word bust comes to mind. Frazier sometimes doesn't seem to recognize talent, or the lack there of.
    Loadholdt needs to step up and bring it this year or he should be gone.
    Just like Ponder, this is his year to prove whether he has what it takes, or not.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    It all starts with the scheme. Coach them to run 1 or 2 blocking schemes (not four), teach your TE's and RB's how to help in those 2 blocking schemes and then quit running bunched sets so the defense doesn't have to spread out on the field.

That will help guys like Load to progress instead of regress like he did last year.
    And draft a stud LT that allows the QB to keep from running as soon as the whistle blows. Right PF?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The word bust comes to mind. Frazier sometimes doesn't seem to recognize talent, or the lack there of.
    Loadholdt needs to step up and bring it this year or he should be gone.
    Just like Ponder, this is his year to prove whether he has what it takes, or not.
    I think Frazier could make it as a head coach, but only if he hires strong assistant coaches that don't need a lot of hand holding. I don't think he is a real strong x's and o's kind of guy, but he could be someone that holds an organization together. Not really much of an endorsement I realize, but he wouldn't be the first figurehead coach that has seen success.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

Do you really think any of that will happen with Musgrave in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think Frazier could make it as a head coach, but only if he hires strong assistant coaches that don't need a lot of hand holding. I don't think he is a real strong x's and o's kind of guy, but he could be someone that holds an organization together. Not really much of an endorsement I realize, but he wouldn't be the first figurehead coach that has seen success.
    I agree with that. I'm not convinced the assistant coaching staff is a talent laden bunch at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast