Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

Next season wont be good...but Cowher will!!

I've read a lot of threads knocking Childress and also supporting him. I'm just going to say that so far, I'm just not sold on him at this point. In the beginning of last season I was sure that this guy was going bring disipline and also credability to this organization. Besides making Tomlin our DC and pushing hard to get Hutch we have gone backwards. I hope that I'm wrong, but if I'm right dont think for a second that Wilf wont go after Cowher with cases of $.

Just imagine everyone...frigg'n Cowher!!!!!!

P.S. Tomlin will already have accepted his HC position elsewere unless we resign him now as I said months ago!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Next season wont be good...but Cowher will!!

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I've read a lot of threads knocking Childress and also supporting him. I'm just going to say that so far, I'm just not sold on him at this point. In the beginning of last season I was sure that this guy was going bring disipline and also credability to this organization. Besides making Tomlin our DC and pushing hard to get Hutch we have gone backwards. I hope that I'm wrong, but if I'm right dont think for a second that Wilf wont go after Cowher with cases of $.

P.S. Tomlin will already have accepted his HC position elsewere unless we resign him now as I said months ago!

As far as I know he hasn't been offered a HC position by anybody!
    He has interviewed but most analysts are saying he won't get a HC job this year, if Childress does get fired next year Tomlin will still be here.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

There is no way that Zygi hasn't asked to speak to him prior to him accepting an offer even if he is made an offer.
    Zygi will fork out the coin and raise the bar for a DC's salary.
    I doubt he goes anywhere this year.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:

I think the "Chin" is retiring from the NFL not just the Steelers......sorry to disapoint...

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:

We can sign him to a lifelong contract as a Coordinator.
    However that won't mean a hill of beans if he is offered a HC job.

I know its not this season, but Tomlin WILL be a hot canidate next year. As long as we were to go after Cowher I'd be happy, but the thought of having both would be amazing!

Del Rio Guest

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I know its not this season, but Tomlin WILL be a hot canidate next year. As long as we were to go after Cowher I'd be happy, but the thought of having both would be amazing!
    Chances are if you bring in Cowher, you will lose Tomlin.

I'm not ready to give up on Childress. I think alot can be said by how a coach reacts to diversity. Having a year under his belt he should be able to significantly improve our situation. Just like many many coaches before him. Horrible first years followed up with improvement and some even championships.

He gets more time in my book. Regardless of who is available.

I hope i'm wrong and Childress turns it around. But if we have another losing season like this year we cant let an oppurtunity like signing Cowher slip by. This is the kind of hard edged leader we need that players will not only like but respect. This is the personality we need to establish an intimidating image from the top down. And dont think for a second that Wilf has'nt thought of this already...even if it was only for
    minute.

Del Rio Guest

It's definately worth a thought.

Just not a direction I would go at the moment.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"Del" wrote:
    It's definately worth a thought.

Just not a direction I would go at the moment.
    Agreed, once Childress find the players to execute his offense it will be just fine... Look at how many games we lost with less than a touchdown this season.. Its shocking..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast