Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Newman > Harris?

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I see the way Tice dogs on Moore being one of two things:

1) He hates him and has no choice but to play him since the other options are not working.

2) He seems a LOT of potential in the kid and is using all of this as a motivating force for him. I won't say I do or don't agree with it, but certain coaches do get down on players and criticize them as a motivational factor. This may be the case since he acknowledges (but downplays) all of what Moore does well and is quick to point out he has a lot to learn and a lot to improve on.

All i can say is i hope he doesnt try to motivate him like he tried to motivate Hovan.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I see the way Tice dogs on Moore being one of two things:

1) He hates him and has no choice but to play him since the other options are not working.

2) He seems a LOT of potential in the kid and is using all of this as a motivating force for him. I won't say I do or don't agree with it, but certain coaches do get down on players and criticize them as a motivational factor. This may be the case since he acknowledges (but downplays) all of what Moore does well and is quick to point out he has a lot to learn and a lot to improve on.

I see #1 as the main reason, along wiht Tice publicly putting so much faith and hype into Bennett he didn't want to eat crow.

#2 ... Moore does need to work on his blitz pick-up's alot.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

It would be nice to see the guy that we "traded moss for" be a playmaker. He is in a tough spot. I hope he turns it on soon, or he should be on the bench...
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Just a comment on the Moore thing. Tice says what he wants to the Media. With his players he's more direct, open and honest. At the end of the saints game I saw Tice call Moore over, talk to him eye to eye with an approving look and pat the guy on the head. If I'm a player, that's all the motivation I need right there. Coach gave me 20 carries, I showed him what I can do with 20 carries. Coach likes what I did with 20 carries. I'm no stud RB yet. But I will be in a couple of years.

To hell with what he tells the media. The media is a circus anyway.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

He may not have made a big play or "produced" but him alone has not lost us a game, so to bench him right now would be stupid. Kieth Newman is really playing top notch football right now, and lets hope he continues to play like that. Lord knows we need all the the help we can get at the LB position.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

Can Newman produce like that all game long? Or is his rise to greatness due in part to Nap being on the field more often then not? I mean if he is a specialty guy that is being used for specific sets, maybe having him in there would do more harm then good.

There is nothing wrong having a guy in there that does a good job, not everything needs to be a highlight reel. I'm not leaning one way or another. I am just curious if Newman would become less of a weapon if he was in there all game long in every set.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Can Newman produce like that all game long? Or is his rise to greatness due in part to Nap being on the field more often then not? I mean if he is a specialty guy that is being used for specific sets, maybe having him in there would do more harm then good.

There is nothing wrong having a guy in there that does a good job, not everything needs to be a highlight reel. I'm not leaning one way or another. I am just curious if Newman would become less of a weapon if he was in there all game long in every set.
    I see what you're saying, kind of like a Lance Johnstone.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I thought one of the selling points for Harris was the fact that he was a good coverage linebacker. I guess not?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Newman has been the best surpise of the season to date. In training camp all we talked about was Nap, DT, and Henderson and Newman has been the one that has brought it on Sundays. He is also a class act. His interview on KFAN after the Cincy game is what renewed my faith in the offense.

[color=red]

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Somebody needs to teach Napoleon how to blitz! That was one of the lamest attempts at a blitz, he looked like he was scared.

I do not know the answer to your question Del, but if Harris does not play better we need to kind out, and maybe being dropped on the depth chart will motivate Harris.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast