Thread: New WR coach

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

New WR coach

I know that this is old news but I just figured out that the new WR coach is WES Chandler...one hell of a classy WR in his day...maybe some of his polish will rub off on Randy.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings hired former San Diego Chargers receiver Wes Chandler to coach their receivers on Tuesday.

Chandler played 11 seasons in the NFL and was named to the Pro Bowl four times. He was drafted No. 3 overall by the New Orleans Saints in 1978, but played most of his career with the Chargers. He retired in 1987 with 559 career receptions for 8,966 yards.

Chandler coached for seven seasons in NFL Europe, including the head coach of the Berlin Thunder in 1999.

He also coached receivers for the Dallas Cowboys from 2000-02 and at Central Florida in 1994-95, when Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper was a freshman there.

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Freya is offline Team Alumni

New WR coach

Sounds good to me!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: New WR coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I know that this is old news but I just figured out that the new WR coach is WES Chandler...one hell of a classy WR in his day...maybe some of his polish will rub off on Randy.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings hired former San Diego Chargers receiver Wes Chandler to coach their receivers on Tuesday.

Chandler played 11 seasons in the NFL and was named to the Pro Bowl four times. He was drafted No. 3 overall by the New Orleans Saints in 1978, but played most of his career with the Chargers. He retired in 1987 with 559 career receptions for 8,966 yards.

Chandler coached for seven seasons in NFL Europe, including the head coach of the Berlin Thunder in 1999.

He also coached receivers for the Dallas Cowboys from 2000-02 and at Central Florida in 1994-95, when Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper was a freshman there.

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
    This is a good pickup and I'm sure that he will get a lot more discipline into the WRs when running their routes- Burleson and Campbell will benefit in particular. Moss won't gain so much on the route running but will benefit on his off ball play - blocking, decoy play etc
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...