Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I understand that is what they call themselves, but the color is yellow, not gold. The Rams and 49ers are gold, not the Vikings and Packers. They can say whatever they want to say, doesn't mean its accurate.

Also, the pic that was leaked under the actual clues page for the Vikings new uni's, it looks like it is a actual gold like what the Rams and 49ers have. I could be wrong, but it looks deeper and much more like true gold than the yellow they have been using. The new Norsemen is just to show the overall features of what they changed, I don't think they are going to change the actual color to what the new uni's are going to be, just so they don't blow the look of it all. I think it will be a deeper purple, and a true gold like the Rams and 9ers use. JMO.
    lol, no, the color is gold. Here is a full color chart.

True gold is actually fairly yellow - the color you are thinking of is closer to brass than gold. Common misconception.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I understand that is what they call themselves, but the color is yellow, not gold. The Rams and 49ers are gold, not the Vikings and Packers. They can say whatever they want to say, doesn't mean its accurate.

Also, the pic that was leaked under the actual clues page for the Vikings new uni's, it looks like it is a actual gold like what the Rams and 49ers have. I could be wrong, but it looks deeper and much more like true gold than the yellow they have been using. The new Norsemen is just to show the overall features of what they changed, I don't think they are going to change the actual color to what the new uni's are going to be, just so they don't blow the look of it all. I think it will be a deeper purple, and a true gold like the Rams and 9ers use. JMO.

True gold is actually fairly yellow - the color you are thinking of is closer to brass than gold. Common misconception.
    I refer to it as iron pyrite

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

*snip

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I refer to it as iron pyrite
    lol
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    T me, the name "gold" implies a metallic element. This is relatively rare in sports unis, understandably. So I do understand why the non-metallic shades can be referred to that way. On an intellectual level I disagree, but it's not really much of an issue for me.

Now if they could manage a true metallic gold for the Vikings unis, I would love that, but it seems highly unlikely.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Can't wait to see. Sometimes change is good!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

Blog Entries
    Just to dispel any rumors before they start... the new uniforms were NOT leaked on Facebook today.

A lot of people saw this post:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Adrian Peterson is at Nike headquarters today modeling the new uniforms.

If you could ask him one question what would it be?
    Attachment 473

And FB went nuts with people pointing out all of the "differences" they could see. Unfortunately (or fortunately) these are NOT the new uniforms, as explained by the Vikings a little later.
    Minnesota Vikings: The uniform behind Adrian is our uniform from 2012. It is not the new Vikings uniform.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    One mans gold is another mans yellow, it all comes down to your monitor settings and vid card on your computer. LOL Until someone actually sees a real uniform instead of jpeg's there is no way to know what color it is.

WWBGD

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    [img]http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/34660157.png[img].

This chart looks familiar. I criticized people for referring to the NDSU Bison as "the green and gold" and then I was shown this chart and I

Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    The logo has been updated slightly. Here is a link to the differences. One of the things changed a little is the gold color making it less brassy. I would think that they are trying to match that color to the new uniforms.

Minnesota Vikings give Norseman logo facelift for 2013 - NFL.com

WWBGD

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast