Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I like these, except for the stripe on the pants... not crazy about how they spike upwards at the bottom.
    Yeah, I would prefer a bolder, thicker stripe that goes all the way down, but at least it's a classic stripe instead of some crappy piping/panels design.

Also, the stripe on the shoulder doesn't seem to wrap around. Does it stop halfway around the shoulder?

Also, why do I care so much?
    lol I don't know.. probably the same reason why I care so much.

As far as the shoulder stripe, if you look at the Nike uniforms for other teams, especially in NCAA, you'll see plenty of teams with those style of stripes. And they 'stop' simply because there just isn't the space to have them actually wrap around. So they typically stop the stripes at the seam. Which is what we are seeing in that photo.

And is also why I would like to see an 'over the shoulder' stripe. More stripe = good, IMO.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    No one seems to realize the material seems different. It seems different than the regular nike material of last season.
    It is. I read somewhere that Nike basically tried to mimic Reebok's color/material from the year prior to keep conformity. As the years progress while they are the official designer for the NFL, I'm certain that we'll see more and more teams start to go with the newest, most fashionable material Nike comes out with. It starts this year, though. Last year was simply a transition phase.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Also, the stripe on the shoulder doesn't seem to wrap around. Does it stop halfway around the shoulder?

Nobody's stripes go all the way around expect quarterbacks and kickers anymore. With the cuffs on pro-cut jurseys, that' sjust how it works.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Its looking more like they are going to a deeper purple, and a true gold instead of the bright yellow they have had. One of my biggest pet peeves is people calling the Vikings the "Purple and Gold" or the Peckers the " Green and Gold"

The Vikings have been the purple and yellow, and GB has been the green and yellow. Unless people are completely blind, or just plain stupid, there is no excuse. My friends always say, come over to the green and gold, its relish green and mustard yellow, there is absolutely NO GOLD associated with the Green Bay Packers. Gold is what the Rams and 49ers have, the Vikings and Packers have yellow. Now lets hope we can truthfully call ourselves the Purple and Gold.
    The Vikings have NEVER been the purple and yellow. The official team colors, since 1961, are Purple, Gold, and White. The supporting colors are Black and Tan, although they have been tweaked a bit over the years.

The official purple color on the Vikings uniforms, at least through 2012, is Pantone 269.
    purple.png
    The official gold color, for now, is Pantone 1235.
    gold.png

Edit: To add to that, we already know what the new Vikings gold is. It was released with the new Norseman look. The new gold is brighter and less brassy than the existing gold, so technically CLOSER to yellow... But still well within the gold range.
    Last edited by NodakPaul; 04-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Nobody's stripes go all the way around expect quarterbacks and kickers anymore. With the cuffs on pro-cut jurseys, that' sjust how it works.

I think he meant that on the image, the stripes are on the front, but not the back.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    The Vikings have NEVER been the purple and yellow. The official team colors, since 1961, are Purple, Gold, and White. The supporting colors are Black and Tan, although they have been tweaked a bit over the years.

The official purple color on the Vikings uniforms, at least through 2012, is Pantone 269.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	471
    The official gold color, for now, is Pantone 1235.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	472

Edit: To add to that, we already know what the new Vikings gold is. It was released with the new Norseman look. The new gold is brighter and less brassy than the existing gold, so technically CLOSER to yellow... But still well within the gold range.

I understand that is what they call themselves, but the color is yellow, not gold. The Rams and 49ers are gold, not the Vikings and Packers. They can say whatever they want to say, doesn't mean its accurate.

Also, the pic that was leaked under the actual clues page for the Vikings new uni's, it looks like it is a actual gold like what the Rams and 49ers have. I could be wrong, but it looks deeper and much more like true gold than the yellow they have been using. The new Norsemen is just to show the overall features of what they changed, I don't think they are going to change the actual color to what the new uni's are going to be, just so they don't blow the look of it all. I think it will be a deeper purple, and a true gold like the Rams and 9ers use. JMO.

Also, the Aint's are Gold. That to me is the true definition of Gold, not the yellow that the Vikings and Packers have. For instance, my son in going on 15 mos old, I have been starting colors with him. If I show him a yellow block and call it gold, when he gets to school and says gold instead of yellow, he will be corrected.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Also, the Aint's are Gold. That to me is the true definition of Gold, not the yellow that the Vikings and Packers have. For instance, my son in going on 15 mos old, I have been starting colors with him. If I show him a yellow block and call it gold, when he gets to school and says gold instead of yellow, he will be corrected.
    Not in Minnesota. LOL

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Not in Minnesota. LOL
    lol

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I must be in the minority. I could care less what the heck the sleeve stripe color, the pants pattern or the logo look like compared to what they have always looked like s long as the team is competitive. I get the fact that small tweaks to the design create new demand for clothing from the fans who want to be trendy and up to date and all but i really just care about how they play on Sunday and not how they look.

That being said, the team has been in a SB funk for going on 4 decades and maybe they need to go big like teans such as the Broncos and Bucs did to make a break with the bad JuJu that seems to follow us around. I say go big or leave them alone.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast