Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Most teams did adapt the flywire collar, because it was considered a functional improvement, not a design feature(we had it too) the only thing is, they were all the same color as the jersey itself. Then again, it probably is just the lighting.
    Yep, and so was ours. The Reebok jerseys featured a yellow tapered collar with a purple sections at the bottom. The point of that was to provide more room around the neck, as tight collars can be EXREMELY uncomfortable if you're working hard. A few other teams like the Chargers also had this collar.

When Nike took over, they kept the same colour scheme. Yellow collar, and a purple base with the flywire. They didn't drastically change the design at all, but they just included some nike structural changes like the solid material on the front instead of mesh, collar, different cut etc.

I like the Vikings written logo below the collar. I think these things are gonna look damn good. The sleeves are gonna be the key, assuming they don't do anything ridiculous with the pants.

I can't wait to see the rest.
    Sleeves will be key. That will make or break the design. Hopefully we have a throwback inspired jersey, and they can use the current ones as occasional throwbacks.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    A writer at Daily Norseman, by the name of @Eric_J_Thompson, has been unlocking the clues from Vikings Uniform Insider each week. Props to him, seems like a real pain in the ass.

Week 2's first two clues are here today(the third will be tomorrow), and they're DARK.

What appears to be the collar of the jersey:

The cleats:

The stiched written logo, beneath the collar. Thanks to IBP:

The collar doesn't tell us much besides the fact that we're gonna have a dark shade of purple with the flywire collar, the prominence of which leads me to believe Nike had some major input on this design. That kind of scares me about what's to come next on the jersey and pants. Though it could just be the lighting making the flywire stand out more and I'm overthinking this whole thing.

I do love the cleats though. Those things are sweet.
    At first glance, it looks like the jersey is darker, but after more examination I don't think it is significantly darker that what we have now. I think it might be the black behind it and the fact that we see no white anywhere that makes it look darker. The yellow collar is gone, and that is a good thing IMHO.

The Vikings under the collar is different too. In the current design, it is while trimmed in gold on the home jersey.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

Like I said at a DN fanpost, I'm hoping for an 'over the shoulder' stripe (LSU) or a Northwestern stripe and for the numbers to be a more sharp, classic font and be the same color as the new gold 'Vikings' script logo.

Pants white with thick/bold purple/gold stripes.

I can't freakin' wait.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Does the date on this video foreshadow our new number font?

I hope so. I don't like the rounded, cartoony font we have now.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    I like these, except for the stripe on the pants... not crazy about how they spike upwards at the bottom.

Also, the stripe on the shoulder doesn't seem to wrap around. Does it stop halfway around the shoulder?

Also, why do I care so much?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

It looks like they might be adding more black to the mix. I am also liking what little has been shown so far.

IMO the darker, less flashy simple look is much much better.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    No one seems to realize the material seems different. It seems different than the regular nike material of last season.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Its looking more like they are going to a deeper purple, and a true gold instead of the bright yellow they have had. One of my biggest pet peeves is people calling the Vikings the "Purple and Gold" or the Peckers the " Green and Gold"

The Vikings have been the purple and yellow, and GB has been the green and yellow. Unless people are completely blind, or just plain stupid, there is no excuse. My friends always say, come over to the green and gold, its relish green and mustard yellow, there is absolutely NO GOLD associated with the Green Bay Packers. Gold is what the Rams and 49ers have, the Vikings and Packers have yellow. Now lets hope we can truthfully call ourselves the Purple and Gold.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast