Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Some blood spatters by the horns would be a cool touch.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The best idea so far...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Tell me these aren't them. Helmets look cool, but unis look like Arena league for sure. Me no likely.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Tell me these aren't them. Helmets look cool, but unis look like Arena league for sure. Me no likely.
    Doubt it. Allen called the helmets "a good mix of old and new" I see nothing but new in this photo.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I think it needs the yellow too. I guess you could call it a "fastener" that's keeping the horn attached to the helmet?

Matte finish with the yellow/gold "fastener" and a grey facemask. That would be pretty sweet.

I like the norseman too, but it's kind of a large logo(perhaps that's why they reduced the logo height when they made those minor changes.) I'm not sure I'd want to see them on the sleeves, maybe something on the hip.

I like these.

Bmac's Blog: Vikings NPC Concept

I'd be very happy with that, with the aforementioned darker shade of purple and matte helmet. They're vintage inspired with the striping and simple. I'm not sure what's up with the seams on the jersey in that picture, maybe they're supposed to show that they'd be form fitting? Not a big concern, as I assume the jersey won't be made from vaccuformed plastic lol.

I like these uni's, I would be on board if these are the new ones for sure. They have a little new, and a little old in these ones. I like.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I'm game for this, nice idear,

A writer at Daily Norseman, by the name of @Eric_J_Thompson, has been unlocking the clues from Vikings Uniform Insider each week. Props to him, seems like a real pain in the ass.

Week 2's first two clues are here today(the third will be tomorrow), and they're DARK.

What appears to be the collar of the jersey:

The cleats:

The stiched written logo, beneath the collar. Thanks to IBP:

The collar doesn't tell us much besides the fact that we're gonna have a dark shade of purple with the flywire collar, the prominence of which leads me to believe Nike had some major input on this design. That kind of scares me about what's to come next on the jersey and pants. Though it could just be the lighting making the flywire stand out more and I'm overthinking this whole thing.

I do love the cleats though. Those things are sweet.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 04-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    A writer at Daily Norseman, by the name of @Eric_J_Thompson, has been unlocking the clues from Vikings Uniform Insider each week. Props to him, seems like a real pain in the ass.

Week 2's first two clues are here today(the third will be tomorrow), and they're DARK.

What appears to be the collar of the jersey:

The cleats:

The collar doesn't tell us much besides the fact that we're gonna have a dark shade of purple with the flywire collar, the prominence of which leads me to believe Nike had some major input on this design. That kind of scares me about what's to come next on the jersey and pants. Though it could just be the lighting making the flywire stand out more and I'm overthinking this whole thing.
    Don't look too much into it. When Nike took over, all teams with the exception of about 3-4 teams switched to the new style collar. I'm expecting most jerseys going forward will feature this.

The fact that in that shot we don't see any stripes or colour changes is great. That means we're hopefully not taking on a modern design like the Cards, Falcons, Seahawks, etc. I'm hoping for something similar to the mid 1990's style.

Also, this was leaked as well:

I do love the cleats though. Those things are sweet.
    Pure badassness
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 04-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Don't look too much into it. When Nike took over, all teams with the exception of about 3-4 teams switched to the new style collar. I'm expecting most jerseys going forward will feature this.

Also, this was leaked as well:

Pure badassness
    Most teams adapted the flywire collar, because it was considered a functional improvement, not a design feature(we had it too) the only thing is, they were all the same color as the jersey itself. Then again, it probably is just the lighting in this case and I'm looking too far into it like I said before.

I like the Vikings written logo below the collar. I think these things are gonna look damn good. The sleeves are gonna be the key, assuming they don't do anything ridiculous with the pants.

I can't wait to see the rest.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 04-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast