Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    Whatever they do I hope they ditch the purple as purple is not a manly color.

In all seriousness I dont mind the jerseys now but a more simplistic look would be fine by me.
    April fools joke on the first line?

What I'd like to see is:
    Retro inspired jerseys and pants, doesn't have to exactly represent it, but keep it similar. I like the sleeve stripes. I'd like for them to tighten up the striping on the pants though, the vintage uniform and current throwback is kind of a fat stripe. No purple pants. Never again. They look awful.

Do not mess with the horns on the helmet, obviously. We have the perfect helmet logo. A matte finish on the helmet was brought up in an article I read on another site. I'd like to see that. It would be unique, it looks pretty cool on some college uniforms, and if we go retro on the jersey, it would better match the deeper shade of purple. Grey facemasks would be great for home, but I'm not so sure how the grey facemask would look with the away uniforms. Though I suppose they could always swap them out from week to week.

Some sort of horizontal striping on the socks. Not necessarily all three colors, but something.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    How about we bust out the throwbacks?

The original Minnesota football team.

LIVike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    April fools joke on the first line?
    It would have been if I didnt add the second line but the shitstorm that would have caused would have not been worth it. I think the matte helmets would look great.
    None

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Saw this leaked on my FB page by a high ranking VWO member. In my opinion, it looks like a photoshopped TCU helmet. But I can't say for a fact that it's fake, so I'll pass it along. Cool speculation even if it is fake.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Saw this leaked on my FB page by a high ranking VWO member. In my opinion, it looks like a photoshopped TCU helmet. But I can't say for a fact that it's fake, so I'll pass it along. Cool speculation even if it is fake.
    Fake, Examples Of New 2013 Minnesota Vikings Uniforms [PICS]

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    I like aspects of both the Baker designs...the darker, matte purple helmet and jersey are cool, kinda simplified and old school, and I kinda like the grey pants too. But, I also like the Norseman on the shoulders and think that should return. The gold pants are OK but a bit much, maybe we should go back to white with a wide purple stripe flanked by thin gold stripes outside, straight down the sides...or add the gold-purple-gold stripe to the dark grey pants.

My guess is the players may prefer lighter colors on sunny days, and maybe, darker ones later in the season...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I would like to see a Viking battle ax emblazoned on each ass cheek so when the O and D line are in the three point stance they look ready for battle. LOL

WWBGD

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post

I actually really like the Matte purple finish.

The mettalic purple paint was great for the 90s unis. We were a flashy team. Today, we're a ground and pound team, that plays tough to win, not as much a finesse team. The matte purple seems to reflect that. The darker shade brings back the old school 70's days of the PPE, combined with the modern design of the horn and the newer helmet.

As well, the colourless horn looks real old-school. Kind of reminds me of the old-school Rams helmets with the blue and white horns.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I actually really like the Matte purple finish.

The mettalic purple paint was great for the 90s unis. We were a flashy team. Today, we're a ground and pound team, that plays tough to win, not as much a finesse team. The matte purple seems to reflect that. The darker shade brings back the old school 70's days of the PPE, combined with the modern design of the horn and the newer helmet.

As well, the colourless horn looks real old-school. Kind of reminds me of the old-school Rams helmets with the blue and white horns.

those were the coolest helmets the Rams ever had IMO. I also like the matte purple look, but we need to keep the yellow on there.
    Any uni for the vikes needs the Norseman or it is sh!!t. again, IMO
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    those were the coolest helmets the Rams ever had IMO. I also like the matte purple look, but we need to keep the yellow on there.
    Any uni for the vikes needs the Norseman or it is sh!!t. again, IMO
    I think it needs the yellow too. I guess you could call it a "fastener" that's keeping the horn attached to the helmet?

Matte finish with the yellow/gold "fastener" and a grey facemask. That would be pretty sweet.

I like the norseman too, but it's kind of a large logo(perhaps that's why they reduced the logo height when they made those minor changes.) I'm not sure I'd want to see them on the sleeves, maybe something on the hip.

I like these.

Bmac's Blog: Vikings NPC Concept

I'd be very happy with that, with the aforementioned darker shade of purple and matte helmet. They're vintage inspired with the striping and simple. I'm not sure what's up with the seams on the jersey in that picture, maybe they're supposed to show that they'd be form fitting? Not a big concern, as I assume the jersey won't be made from vaccuformed plastic lol.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 04-02-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast