Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ah, the 60's. A time when you could lead with your head, spear, throw a wr off his route anytime, go for a QB's knees, no roughing the passer, etc.

if they didn't have those rules in place then, what makes you think they had the jersey rule in place then?

That was a time when the merchandise business was not a huge thing like it is now. You couldn't even get fan replica jerseys back then.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Ah, the 60's. A time when you could lead with your head, spear, throw a wr off his route anytime, go for a QB's knees, no roughing the passer, etc.

if they didn't have those rules in place then, what makes you think they had the jersey rule in place then?

That was a time when the merchandise business was not a huge thing like it is now. You couldn't even get fan replica jerseys back then.
    Actually, I was referring to the '95, '98 & 2000
    Last edited by singersp; 05-24-2013 at 09:40 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Ok, I'm done. You can saw what you want, express your opinion. You will not and will never change the facts. Be the cute 5 guys that are angry, upset and un-wadding your undies about the uniforms.

Meanwhile, the rest of the fan base will move on and either learn to enjoy them, or just simply enjoy them.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Ok, I'm done. You can saw what you want, express your opinion. You will not and will never change the facts. Be the cute 5 guys that are angry, upset and un-wadding your undies about the uniforms.

Meanwhile, the rest of the fan base will move on and either learn to enjoy them, or just simply enjoy them.
    +11111111111111111111

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Guarantee this is a one year wonder. At best.
    I'll take that bet.

Considering that NFL rules do not allow them to change uniforms designs within 5 years, I think that they will last longer than a year...
    Rules mean squat. Sales are the king and if fans say with their wallets that the number fonts stink and decide to keep their old jerseys you can bet your ass the font will change.

If the numbers become a punch line or laughing stock you can bet your ass they get changed.

Would you want to make a bet on whether the font is so cool it becomes a trend?
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 05-25-2013 at 10:24 PM.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Rules mean squat. Sales are the king and if fans say with their wallets that the number fonts stink and decide to keep their old jerseys you can bet your ass the font will change.

If the numbers become a punch line or laughing stock you can bet your ass they get changed.

Would you want to make a bet on whether the font is so cool it becomes a trend?
    Never said it was so cool it becomes a trend. Not sure where you are getting that from. In fact, that is the thing about the jerseys I dislike the most. It is possible that the font could be changed as a "minor" uniform change, which is allowed.

The only issue I actually have with the font is the sans serif for the ones digit and serif for the rest. I don't know why they would choose to mix fonts like that.

I also think the helmets are bad ass. Some have said the opinion in their circles was negative, and some have said that the opinion in their circles was positive. That is probably reflected more by our actual opinion than true public sentiment. I found myself to be guilty of this - I was keying in on the positive comments and ignoring the negative. Even in person it is easy to unconsciously shape opinion. "What do you think of the new matte helmets, I think they are awesome." will normally illicit a positive response unless the person you are speaking to is overwhelmingly negative about them.

Going back through the threads, both here and on Rube Chat, I stand corrected. The comments were not overwhelmingly positive. Nor where they overwhelmingly negative. There were some who loved them, and some who hated them, but the majority were not too worked up one way or the other. My guess is that this is fairly representative of Vikings nation as a whole. I might start a couple of polls just because I am curious...

Overall, I think the uniform redesign, including the helmets, was successful. If I could change one thing, the fonts would both be the same - don't care which font... but the same. Other than that I like the uniforms. Just like last time there will be some people who vocally don't, but sales will be just fine, and by the time the new stadium opens we will see more new jerseys in the stands than anything else.

Especially after we win the Super Bowl this year wearing them...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

LIVike is offline Starter
    After looking at and buying one of the new jerseys, the numbers do not seem as bad to me. I kind f get what they were trying to do and it does not bother me anywhere near as much as it did when I saw just the pictures.

The helmets as I said earlier are awesome. If anyone has seen the gophers play this year in person, the matte helmets with the black facemask looks intimidating. It does not look cheap.
    None

These new uniforms are bad luck. Bring back the older jerseys!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Like my old daddy used to say, "It ain't the shoes son." Doesn't matter what uni this team wears, it's a bad team. They look fine to me anyway- just don't mess up the helmet and it still looks good.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast