Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    The replica jersey's are stupid as hell... why are the stripes at the bottom on the sleeves instead of at the top like the actual jersey's... makes them look cheap and like replica's... Nike is doing that for all teams that have stripes... I hate it!

The different font numbers looks real amateur!... Get it together Nike.... do both or none at all!
    Who checks off on that stuff for the Vikings?

Packers fans are lining up to make jokes about how Minnesotans have mismatched jerseys because our team is so poor.

This organization has some real noobs in the front office.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Who checks off on that stuff for the Vikings?

Packers fans are lining up to make jokes about how Minnesotans have mismatched jerseys because our team is so poor.

This organization has some real noobs in the front office.
    I guess I'll have to get a Blair Walsh, MBT or Erik Highsmith jersey just so I get one with a single normal digit.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I guess I'll have to get a Blair Walsh, MBT or Erik Highsmith jersey just so I get one with a single normal digit.
    \

def. don't want a ponder jersey!!! lol

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    This is a circular argument. Nike knows what "in" because Nike says it is "in" with its own designs.

The matte helmets look like cheap Chinese knockoff toys.
    lol You honestly don't think they do or have done demographic polls/studies? They basically own the University of Oregon to do these tests. Only the stuff that's successful has made it out of Eugene.

And your opinion of matte helmets doesn't change the fact that they are wildly popular.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    This is a circular argument. Nike knows what "in" because Nike says it is "in" with its own designs.

The matte helmets look like cheap Chinese knockoff toys.
    lol You honestly don't think they do or have done demographic polls/studies? They basically own the University of Oregon to do these tests. Only the stuff that's successful has made it out of Eugene.

And your opinion of matte helmets doesn't change the fact that they are wildly popular.
    Polls of college students or NFL fans or random junkies on the street? The helmets to me look juvenile but I can tolerate them but I dare anyone to find any poll that has the number font as the subject and show me where any respectable percentage of voters think it is an attractive look. Guarantee this is a one year wonder. At best.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Guarantee this is a one year wonder. At best.
    I'll take that bet.

Considering that NFL rules do not allow them to change uniforms designs within 5 years, I think that they will last longer than a year...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I'll take that bet.

Considering that NFL rules do not allow them to change uniforms designs within 5 years, I think that they will last longer than a year...
    Yeah, we are stuck with this junk once again. One would think the team would put a few versions out and have the fans chime in before the team jumps off a cliff.

Teams may make minor alterations, but how far they are actually allowed to go is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I'll take that bet.

They've done it more than once before in less than 5 years.....

Minnesota Viking uniform history | StarTribune.com

Minnesota Vikings Uniform and Team History | Heritage Uniforms and Jerseys
    Last edited by singersp; 05-24-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Polls of college students or NFL fans or random junkies on the street? The helmets to me look juvenile but I can tolerate them but I dare anyone to find any poll that has the number font as the subject and show me where any respectable percentage of voters think it is an attractive look. Guarantee this is a one year wonder. At best.
    College students and football fans were not polled if they wanted matte helmets. Nike, a corporate giant, foisted them upon the masses. No one in my football watching circle like matte helmets. The helmets look like Krylon sprayed onto an old Army steel pot helmet.

as for them being "wildly popular", I have yet to see evidence of this. I posted online comments posted when the Vikings uniforms were released, and the reactions to the matte helmets was more negative than positive. Polls show that people generally like the uniforms better than the old pajamas, but that is not specific, and many fans may not even know the helmets are matte.

The numbers are a mess. They look like someone decided to create a Vikings font, but then only went half way. Having a smooth serif and a block serif together is a design non-no, and it creates a mismatch like stripes and plaid on a suit.

as for them being "wildly popular", I have yet to see evidence of this. I posted online comments posted when the Vikings uniforms were released, and the reactions to the matte helmets was more negative than positive. Polls show that people generally like the uniforms better than the old pajamas, but that is not specific, and many fans may not even know the helmets are matte.

The numbers are a mess. They look like someone decided to create a Vikings font, but then only went half way. Having a smooth serif and a block serif together is a design non-no, and it creates a mismatch like stripes and plaid on a suit.
    I have to agree with this. I have yet to see any polls regarding just the Vikings new helmets & no one has yet to produce evidence & a link to one.

The numbers are a clusterfuck.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast