Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    lol Face it, Minniman, you are in the minority. They would have never gone matte if they weren't so popular (college or otherwise).
    Does that mean having two complete different types of fonts for numbers for 1-9 on the same jersey was done because it was popular?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Again, where is your source for people liking them?

No one asked college football fans if they wanted them, and no one asked NFL fans either. From what I have read, people generally do not like them as much as the high gloss helmets.
    In the same light, what are your sources? You are honestly among the first that I have heard complain about them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I prefer the high gloss helmets if I had to choose. I also dislike the new fonts not being the same on both numbers.

Then again I had no problem with where they play either. To me it is football and the team is what is important, not the wrapper they put everything in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I prefer the high gloss helmets if I had to choose. I also dislike the new fonts not being the same on both numbers.

Then again I had no problem with where they play either. To me it is football and the team is what is important, not the wrapper they put everything in.
    Then why were you so adamant about wanting an outdoor stadium?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Does that mean having two complete different types of fonts for numbers for 1-9 on the same jersey was done because it was popular?
    Pretty sure that was done to be unique. Pretty sure you also already knew that.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Pretty sure that was done to be unique. Pretty sure you also already knew that.
    I was being sarcastic.

In other words, the Vikings didn't make the change to the helmets just because they thought they were popular, they may have made the change simply to be more unique.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Then why were you so adamant about wanting an outdoor stadium?
    I am more adamant the current oneis fine for me.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    In the same light, what are your sources? You are honestly among the first that I have heard complain about them.
    I posted replies from the day the uniforms were announced. More people disliked the matte look than liked it. I did not take a poll, and I have been unable to find a matte helmet poll done at the STrib or Pioneer Press.

Some people like them. Some people don't. Can that be stated of the old helmet?
    Last edited by Minniman; 05-15-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Ranger is offline Coach
    I like the flat, blunt helmets. They fit the make up of the team. I like just about everything about the new uniforms, from what I've seen.

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Again, where is your source for people liking them?

No one asked college football fans if they wanted them, and no one asked NFL fans either. From what I have read, people generally do not like them as much as the high gloss helmets.
    I have yet to meet a Gopher fan who DIDN'T like their matte helmets. And they have a far more 'matte' finish than the Vikes do.

Also, they factor in not only fan input, but players as well.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast