Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The last uniforms looked like pajamas. No thanks.

These have strange design elements that were added for who knows why.

Why the matte helmets? Unless it keeps defenders from seeing the ball come in off the reflection, they are not better. They look cheap. It looks like someone painted them with a can of Krylon. I prefer a full gloss buffed shine.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think the matte helmet is bad ass... in fact I think that is overwhelmingly the sentiment among fans, so that surprised me a bit. but to each his own I guess.

The font is the only part of the uniform that I would consider strange, and they have talked about the decisions behind it. I could take it or leave it, but it doesn't bother me at all.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I think the matte helmet is bad ass... in fact I think that is overwhelmingly the sentiment among fans, so that surprised me a bit.
    Did I miss the poll? Where is your source for that information?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Did I miss the poll? Where is your source for that information?
    apparently you did. there was a poll on the star trib, as well as the general statements from the people here on PP.O. Plus there were several uniform threads before the actual redesigns were revealed, and matte helmets were overwhelmingly positive in them as well...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I could probably go either way on the helmets, but I'll wait til I see one to pass judgement on how nice or bad ass it looks. Pictures aren't always great depiction of what the actual product looks like, especially when purples are involved.

The fonts still suck no matter what. Was there a poll about that?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    apparently you did. there was a poll on the star trib, as well as the general statements from the people here on PP.O. Plus there were several uniform threads before the actual redesigns were revealed, and matte helmets were overwhelmingly positive in them as well...
    There was a matte helmet poll here? I did miss that.

Posts from Vikings Territory at release:

CalVkg April 23, 2013, 10:05 pm Reply

jersey is good, way better than last year’s. purple pants we can do without, and the matte finish helmet sucks

Skol12 April 23, 2013, 11:44 pm Reply

I love the matte helmets, but I wish we’d just gone to the throwback uniforms these seem to have the stupid “Nike collar” with all the stripes that I hate.

Purple Charlie April 24, 2013, 4:33 pm Reply

Its going to take me a while to get used to the matted helmet…
    Posts at Star Tribune at release:

garyanelson56Apr 25, 137:45 pm

Did the fans actually have a voice in this misguided decision?

garyanelson56Apr 25, 137:47 pm

Hey look! The curve on the arm piping looks just like the bow of a Viking ship!!

malware66Apr 25, 1310:16 pm

Love the purple pants, but the numbers look dumb. Should have gone with throwbacks from the mid-60's with the gold outlined numbers and gold striped socks. Those uniforms rocked.

brocklander1Apr 26, 1310:36 am

Hideous!!!

zatawayApr 26, 1312:44 pm

I think they look cheap - there's no stitching or artistry which makes them look like something special. Instead they look more like a HS jersey, or a cheap option at a souvenir store. I don't like the matte on the helmet clashing with the attempt at "old school" in the jersey. Ugg - what was wrong with the others again? Whatever, send Nike back to the drawing board!

brightonjimApr 26, 134:12 pm

I agree on the purple pants -- wear them on the road with the white jerseys. The white-on-white road-game look is too passive for a hit-em-in-the-mouth sport like football. Baseball can get away with all white; football uniforms need a visual contrast.

stugelApr 26, 137:08 pm

Purple pants with the white road unis are back, FINALLY! ALWAYS hated the all white roads.

RAYSVIKESApr 26, 137:09 pm

I agree with zataway, these uni's suck. After all the hype and we end up with garbage. The matte helmet is the first thing you notice and that's about enough to make you turn away. The high school analogy is perfect as they just look cheap and uninspired. I guess I was expecting something new and exciting and instead we get this. I still think the late 90's uniforms were the best looking with the stiched on numbers with the gold trim on both the body and on top of the shoulder pads. The sewn-on norseman's logo on both sleeve really finished off the jerseys. Bottom line, these are bad.

ckrolak54Apr 27, 1310:40 pm

My big wish for the Vikings new look was for the helmets to be similar to what I saw back in the late 60's. That's when I fell in love with the Vikings for the first time watching them play in snow on T.V. I, really, can't tell by the photos how the helmets really look 360.
    I do not read "overwhelmingly positive" posts for matte helmets.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    There was a matte helmet poll here? I did miss that.

Posts from Vikings Territory at release:

Posts at Star Tribune at release:

I do not read "overwhelmingly positive" posts for matte helmets.
    More from another site....

Jesse Jackson · Top Commenter · Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Great job Vikings! I love the Purple pants!
    Reply · 3 · Like · Follow Post · April 24 at 6:37am

James Johnston · Top Commenter · Fairview Health Services
    So do I ... I like how they reached back into the history and have integrated old with new.
    Reply · Like · April 24 at 11:18am

Andrew Lourey
    It's about time! The garb from the last few seasons looked like clown outfits, and the jerseys worn during the Randy Moss era bring back memories of embarrassing losses and non-existent defense.
    Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · April 23 at 7:43pm

Brock Landers · Top Commenter · College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University
    Every uniform worn by a Vikings player plays homage to a tradition of embarrassing losses...
    Reply · 2 · Like · April 24 at 8:56am
    Grant Guimont · Top Commenter · Los Angeles, California
    troll
    Reply · 2 · Like · April 24 at 1:38pm

Craig Soupir · Top Commenter · Mankato, Minnesota
    Love Love Love! Everything in this world needs a bit of simplification, and these uniforms are perfectly simple!
    Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · April 23 at 10:13pm

Mindy Patek-Smallman · Follow · Works at Tri-County Chiropractic as a Licensed Massage Therapist
    Hate them. I thought they were LSU's new uniforms. I like the new number font and the fact that they left the helmet alone for the most part. Unlike some fans, I identify a team by their helmets, and I think the Viking, Eagles, and Rams have the best helmets in the league. I don't like the jerseys only because I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something that resembles SEC trash. I was hoping for a change in colors. I was hoping for a darker shade of purple and Notre Dame Gold. Bring the gray facemasks back too!
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · April 24 at 6:22pm

Bj Stone · Canton, Illinois
    I actually liked the most recent ones much better than the old style, and I do not think this new look is an improvement at all, if this is indeed the new look. Boring, outside of the number font. Why not combine the new font with the existing jerseys? Arm stripes are terrible on any jersey, particularly on the new look. Ugh.
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · April 24 at 2:02am

James Johnston · Top Commenter · Fairview Health Services
    Amazing the passion we have for our team. I see a blend of old school with new. And I do like the Nordic spin on the numerals... classic touch for a team called the Vikings. I would like to see an alternate home jersey perhaps integrating some other combo colors.
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · April 24 at 11:24am

Pete Zebich · Top Commenter · Ely, Minnesota
    They look more like the old uniforms. Not sure I like the matte finish on the helmets, seems to be the rage in college. But, I don't like the current uniforms, that's for sure.
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · April 24 at 7:57am

David Dunham
    They look like high school uniforms. The purple pants are as horrible as they were in the 60's.
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · April 23 at 11:05pm

Dennis Sheets · Top Commenter · Youngstown State University
    The one picture showed light grey pants.
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · April 24 at 3:08pm

Steve Baker · Top Commenter · Hibbing, Minnesota
    What a disgusting image that headline conjures!
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · Edited · April 23 at 4:44pm
    Last edited by singersp; 05-14-2013 at 05:24 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    More from another site....
    Not much there for matte helmet support either.

These matte helmets look bad on players. The college helmets look bad too. At least they do not look as bad as the matte Jacksonville helmets though; they look like someone ran them through the wash with bleach left over from the previous white load.

For those of you who like the matte helmets, can I come over and buff up your car with 200 grit sandpaper; it is all the rage!

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    lol Face it, Minniman, you are in the minority. They would have never gone matte if they weren't so popular (college or otherwise).
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    lol Face it, Minniman, you are in the minority. They would have never gone matte if they weren't so popular (college or otherwise).
    Again, where is your source for people liking them?

No one asked college football fans if they wanted them, and no one asked NFL fans either. From what I have read, people generally do not like them as much as the high gloss helmets.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast