Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    No shit eh? People just like to bitch, end of story.. We could honestly wear these and I wouldn't give a shit as long as we are winning
    Are you saying you would then buy one of those uniforms & wear it to the game?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Don't let the designers see it, or it will be the Vikings new alternative jersey next year.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Oh all day! Front row and center if we are getting the W's

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Here come the fakes! I couldn't find a white jersey, but I haven't been digging too deep either.

mamaluke is offline Starter
    I just received my 2 new jerseys in the mail. I ordered a Harrison Smith home purple and a Peterson white away jersey. Definitely a lot different and taking a little time to get used to the new style but overall I must say I think they are an improvement over last years. Having the stripes almost all the way down near the bottom of the sleeve looks kind of strange and is what I consider to be the biggest difference. The number design is also kind of weird looking but not bad.
    Last edited by mamaluke; 05-10-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

New Vikings uniforms for 2013?

It seems to me if the first impressions after getting a new uni is that they are strange and that they take time to get used to then the design is a failure.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It seems to me if the first impressions after getting a new uni is that they are strange and that they take time to get used to then the design is a failure.
    +1

"They take time to get used to" to me says there's some level of tolerance that has to be built up before they are likeable.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    After looking at the new jerseys, I don't really care for them. The only thing I am a fan of is the new matte style helmets. Other than that, I like last years jerseys much better. The new number design is stupid looking, and the shape of the striping around the sleeve looks dumb.

If they were trying to go back to the look of the late 90's, they should have just went with that exact look, except tweak the colors a little and match the helmet exactly to the new color purple. I don't think these new uni's are going to be a hit. I for one hope they change the style again sooner rather than later.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Maybe. By nature we resist change, so anything new takes a little time to sink in. We already have people (not just on PP.O, but all over the 'tubes) who are talking about how the last design was better... apparently memories are short because some of those same people were complaining when the '05 design was released.

Just like everybody's favorite QB is the back up, it seems like everybody's favorite jersey design was the previous one.

I like these. They will take some time to get used to, but I still like them. I also liked the last design. And I liked the original design. All have been good designs IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    If the Vikings win a SB, the jerseys will look awesome and always be held in the highest regard throughout any Vikings fan memory banks.

If we stink it up this season, they will be the most putrid uniforms ever invented and probably the reason why we had a bad season.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast