Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    At first I thought the numbers looked stupid. After seeing them on the photo with the three rookies I was being too kind. How on earth could they possibly have thought that was a good idea?

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Our fan base never ceases to amaze me... I think the new jerseys look great. The number horns are odd, but nowhere near a deal breaker. I like the black face mask (would you rather have white or yellow??) and the overall simpler striping and new-oldschool look is great. I guess some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about...
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    The purple on purple uni's look badass! I can't wait for us to show up in those next year!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    Our fan base never ceases to amaze me... I think the new jerseys look great. The number horns are odd, but nowhere near a deal breaker. I like the black face mask (would you rather have white or yellow??) and the overall simpler striping and new-oldschool look is great. I guess some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about...
    No shit eh? People just like to bitch, end of story.. We could honestly wear these and I wouldn't give a shit as long as we are winning

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Vikings had a chance to do this right, and they messed it up.

The horns on the helmet look cartoonish, and I hope that matte finish is not the final product.

The numbers? Not good, look at the new 84 uniform Patterson has shown in press picks. That wrap number looks like crap without a fat number beside it.

Curses Vikings uniform designers!
    The matte black is the final product. I have no problem with the horns, but I agree 100% on the numbers. With some numbers it looks ok with others like the 84 it looks like shit. Furthermore the 2nd digit has no serif, sweep, horn (whatever you want to call it) at all & looks like a mismatch. Likewise the single digit numbers (#1 thru #9) have no serifs at all either so there are two different fonts for each number depending on location (1, 8, 18, 81)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    The purple on purple uni's look badass! I can't wait for us to show up in those next year!
    IDK, they look like grapes to me.

I am looking forward to the white on white and white on purple combos the most.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The matte black is the final product. I have no problem with the horns, but I agree 100% on the numbers. With some numbers it looks ok with others like the 84 it looks like shit. Furthermore the 2nd digit has no serif, sweep, horn (whatever you want to call it) at all & looks like a mismatch. Likewise the single digit numbers (#1 thru #9) have no serifs at all either so there are two different fonts for each number depending on location (1, 8, 18, 81)
    I don't mind the numbers, I could go either way on them.

Singles don't have sweeps? That is weird. I would think it would always be on the leading number. Apparently they consider a single a trailing number.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I don't mind the numbers, I could go either way on them.

Singles don't have sweeps? That is weird. I would think it would always be on the leading number. Apparently they consider a single a trailing number.
    I'm assuming none of them do based on what they are showing at the MVLR store for Ponder's number.

I'm assuming it will follow suit for the rest of the single digit numbers, but the sweeps will be there on 70 thru 79.

Here's a prime example where I dislike the fonts where they tend to clash. IMO, having the two different fonts on Smith's jersey really looks bad.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    They have to curve off the single number, so they match. This was a half attempt to get the results they wanted. Either go all the way, or do not do it at all.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm assuming none of them do based on what they are showing at the MVLR store for Ponder's number.

I'm assuming it will follow suit for the rest of the single digit numbers, but the sweeps will be there on 70 thru 79.

Here's a prime example where I dislike the fonts where they tend to clash. IMO, having the two different fonts on Smith's jersey really looks bad.

I wasn't a big fan of the new font on the numbers but also didn't notice the mix with single digit jerseys or even double digit ones and now it does look stranger

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast