Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Adrian Peterson marvels when he thinks about other teams' uniforms. He also laments about the drab unis that the Vikings wore last year, but now he finally has something to brag about with Minnesota's new duds.

"The jersey we had last year was kind of a reach," Peterson tells SI.com after glimpsing the Viking's new 2013 design. "This feels more like an original Vikings look you would expect from the Minnesota Vikings."
    Read More: Minnesota Vikings unveil sleek new uniforms - NFL - SI.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He only said what we all were thinking. Props to AD for coming out and calling it as he sees it.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I love the new uni's... but I'm not crazy how the shoulder stripes fan-out on the back of the uniform.

Also not crazy about the numbers font.

Still better than our previous uniforms though... favorite uni's of my lifetime so far, and I'm 31.
    I read that they were meant to look like the bow(or stern I guess, since it's the back of the shoulder) of a Vikings longboat sticking out of the water. I liked them once I read that. I think they look pretty good.

I think some of the numbers are a little funky, but otherwise I'm really happy about the changes.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 04-26-2013 at 05:59 PM.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the new unis. Don't care for the shoulder stripes or the funky numerical font. Wish they would have just gone back to plainer, classic throwback style jerseys.

The helmet is fine, maybe badass.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    are the facemasks black?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    are the facemasks black?
    Yes

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Thanks Steve, that the 1st time Ive seen a close up of the helmet.

looks GOOD!!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Vikings had a chance to do this right, and they messed it up.

The horns on the helmet look cartoonish, and I hope that matte finish is not the final product.

The numbers? Not good, look at the new 84 uniform Patterson has shown in press picks. That wrap number looks like crap without a fat number beside it.

Curses Vikings uniform designers!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Vikings had a chance to do this right, and they messed it up.

The horns on the helmet look cartoonish, and I hope that matte finish is not the final product.

The numbers? Not good, look at the new 84 uniform Patterson has shown in press picks. That wrap number looks like crap without a fat number beside it.

Curses Vikings uniform designers!
    I was wondering how the wind-swept sail inspired number would look without a round number beside it.

What they should do in cases like this is just put that effect on the 2nd digit instead of the first, or not at all. I like the idea, and for the most part the execution, but I guess it's pretty clear now not all of them are going to look good. Besides some instances where the number-flair has gone wrong, the only thing I don't like is the black facemask. It's black for no reason. Nothing else is black on the uniform.

Overall I really like these uniforms. What exactly is your beef with the helmet? How is it anymore cartoonish than the previous version?
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 04-27-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I was wondering how the wind-swept sail inspired number would look without a round number beside it.

What they should do in cases like this is just put that effect on the 2nd digit instead of the first, or not at all. I like the idea, and for the most part the execution, but I guess it's pretty clear now not all of them are going to look good.
    The "4" is too blocked. It needs to be rounded.

The numbers could use some yellow or black piping as well.

Besides some instances where the number-flair has gone wrong, the only thing I don't like is the black facemask. It's black for no reason. Nothing else is black on the uniform.
    I like the black facemask. It would go better if the numbers had black piping.

Overall I really like these uniforms. What exactly is your beef with the helmet? How is it anymore cartoonish than the previous version?
    The horn is cartoonish looking. It was before too, but in the photo it looks slightly larger and slightly more cartoonish against the matte purple background. I would have to see the final look live to really get a good opinion on it.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast