Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    So Authentic jerseys are not really authentic. They are more authenticated jerseys I guess.
    Correct. They're made of the same materials, same basic design, but player jerseys are custom cut to the specifications they request. Most have the shoulder material removed, sides taken in and often cut short. The idea is to reduce the amount of jersey an opposing player can grab. The only way to get a truly "Authentic" jersey is to find and buy a team-issued jersey. Those aren't available in stores, you have to turn to ebay or other types of auctions for those.
    I have a Viking jacket that is exactly what was worn on the side line during cold weather. I have never bought a jersey however. I just assumed if it said authentic that it was.
    It's not fake, or a cheap imitation, it's just a generic size. Since people are so differently built it's tough to make "authentic" jerseys. There are guys who wear a 2XL who are pure muscle, and there's guys who wear a 2XL who are short with a beer belly. They COULD wear a pro-cut version, but it would fit like Kevin Williams' jersey fits him.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Correct. They're made of the same materials, same basic design, but player jerseys are custom cut to the specifications they request. Most have the shoulder material removed, sides taken in and often cut short. The idea is to reduce the amount of jersey an opposing player can grab. The only way to get a truly "Authentic" jersey is to find and buy a team-issued jersey. Those aren't available in stores, you have to turn to ebay or other types of auctions for those.

It's not fake, or a cheap imitation, it's just a generic size. Since people are so differently built it's tough to make "authentic" jerseys. There are guys who wear a 2XL who are pure muscle, and there's guys who wear a 2XL who are short with a beer belly. They COULD wear a pro-cut version, but it would fit like Kevin Williams' jersey fits him.
    Exactly right. I actually have 2 authentic Adrian Peterson jerseys, one is white and one is purple. The Purple one is autographed which I had authenticated and it is in a wicked ass display case with purple and yellow matting along with cut outs for 2 of his rookie cards, and last years Sports Illustrated with him on the cover.

The only difference between the authentic jerseys the fans get, and the jerseys that the players wear are like you said, cut to their specific requirements, and the player jerseys also have a patch that is sewn on the inside with the players name and the size of the jersey. Its the same material.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    A couple of designs based on the clues:

I think those are pretty accurate representations of what we'll be seeing, besides the black gloves. And I really like them.

I still hope to see a sock stripe of some sort. And obviously the helmets are just speculation in these images.
    Not sure what I think of these just yet. I like the overall style of them, but not really digging the the way the material looks right under the number on the stomach area. I guess we just have to wait and see exactly what they look like before making a final decision. Can't wait.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post

Saw this leaked on my FB page by a high ranking VWO member. In my opinion, it looks like a photoshopped TCU helmet. But I can't say for a fact that it's fake, so I'll pass it along. Cool speculation even if it is fake.
    These look slick, I think the part just in front of the horn should still be yellow..just a touch.

Is it me or does the "base" of the horn seem to keep getting smaller The ones from the 70's look huge in comparison.
    Last edited by 2beersTommy; 04-21-2013 at 09:27 AM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I personally don't like the fake ribbon lines holding the NFL logo in the center of the chest. It looks stupid. In fact they could do away with the NFL logo all together or put it on the back or arm somewhere if they have to have it.
    I don't like the flywire collars or the look of them either, but they are supposed to serve a purpose in the making of the jersey as well as provide a functional purpose;

Nike’s Flywire neckline removes the need to clumsily “interface” three to four layers of fabric for strength, instead using a tensioning system technology Nike has pioneered in its shoes. Flywire uses that narrow rod-like tension system to provide a lightweight solution to provide strength, but also a “lock-down fit” that keeps players from grabbing a hold of the jersey as easily
    Read more: The Elite 51: Performance Technology the Driver Behind New NFL Uniforms | TIME.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    The helmet is nothing official. Just a fan made speculation.

Here's something else someone posted on Chris Creamer's site:

Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Now those look legit. Those have a very similar look of the teaser pics that have been let out. I don't mind these at all. Nice find.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    No more pajamas for uniforms?

Great!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Now those look legit. Those have a very similar look of the teaser pics that have been let out. I don't mind these at all. Nice find.
    Lol. The home uniform is identical to the earlier one posted, just a different shadowing effect.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Lol. The home uniform is identical to the earlier one posted, just a different shadowing effect.
    Which one? Did they show the whole uni, or just the jersey on that pic you are talking about? I still don't like the look right below the number on the front, but overall it doesn't look bad at all.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast