Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Call me doubting Thomas... Look at the purple, the material, everything seems different than the first picture. The number picture looks like the color from last season's jerseys. Not arguing just saying...
    Everything on their official site is still using the lighter shade of purple, so it's safe to say it's still legit. Probably just a background with the numbers on it

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Everything on their official site is still using the lighter shade of purple, so it's safe to say it's still legit
    But the reveals show the darker/duller shade of purple. All the uni reveals have shown this color.

Also, I like the unis....which makes me afraid the helmet will be something like a Viking's mask. design.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The more we see, the more obvious I think it is that the new uniforms are going to be much more similar to the pre-2005 uniforms than the current ones. That should make some people happy. I was actually OK with the current uniforms, although I am pretty excited to see the new ones!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    But the reveals show the darker/duller shade of purple. All the uni reveals have shown this color.

Also, I like the unis....which makes me afraid the helmet will be something like a Viking's mask. design.
    Found the answer, it's just the lighting

https://twitter.com/andersonj/status/324882976871694337

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

That was my thought but... now it makes me wonder about what color we will be seeing on tv?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No surprise there. Purple is among one of the most difficult colors to reproduce in an electronic format.

Here is your geek PSA for the day:
    In the pre-HD days, the CCD cameras that were used for television now were sensitive to IR wavelengths. Add to that the fact that many of the dyes used in fabric, particularly the purple ones, caused a IR fluorescent effect, the color often came across with a blue-ish hue instead of the purple that we see. This was even more noticeable in the 90's, when the dye for the jerseys fluoresced and the paint for the helmets didn't. That is why we would see blue jerseys and purple helmets on TV!

HDTV can correct this somewhat by applying digital filters to the video (because it is all digital), but the effect is still technically there - they are just fixing it before the feed is sent out. You will still notice it sometimes when the Vikings are on CBS - the AFC host stations aren't as adept as color correcting the Vikings shade or purple because they don't see it as often.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    I love everything about the reveals so far.. But I WAS hoping for a part of the helmet reveal (like a matte/flat finish or close up of the facemask). But hey, I LOVE the arm stripes. Much better than I expected.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    No surprise there. Purple is among one of the most difficult colors to reproduce in an electronic format.

In the pre-HD days, the CCD cameras that were used for television now were sensitive to IR wavelengths. Add to that the fact that many of the dyes used in fabric, particularly the purple ones, caused a IR fluorescent effect, the color often came across with a blue-ish hue instead of the purple that we see. This was even more noticeable in the 90's, when the dye for the jerseys fluoresced and the paint for the helmets didn't. That is why we would see blue jerseys and purple helmets on TV!

HDTV can correct this somewhat by applying digital filters to the video (because it is all digital), but the effect is still technically there - they are just fixing it before the feed is sent out. You will still notice it sometimes when the Vikings are on CBS - the AFC host stations aren't as adept as color correcting the Vikings shade or purple because they don't see it as often.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator

Now my head really hurts. Bad enough there are thirteen pages about what these guys are going to wear.
    Would have been better to have a piece by piece reveal of what the cheerleaders may or may not wear !

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast