Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 293
  1. #121
    Culpepper_4717's Avatar
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Call me doubting Thomas... Look at the purple, the material, everything seems different than the first picture. The number picture looks like the color from last season's jerseys. Not arguing just saying...
    Everything on their official site is still using the lighter shade of purple, so it's safe to say it's still legit. Probably just a background with the numbers on it

  2. #122
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Everything on their official site is still using the lighter shade of purple, so it's safe to say it's still legit
    But the reveals show the darker/duller shade of purple. All the uni reveals have shown this color.

    Also, I like the unis....which makes me afraid the helmet will be something like a Viking's mask. design.

  3. #123
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    The more we see, the more obvious I think it is that the new uniforms are going to be much more similar to the pre-2005 uniforms than the current ones. That should make some people happy. I was actually OK with the current uniforms, although I am pretty excited to see the new ones!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #124
    Culpepper_4717's Avatar
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    But the reveals show the darker/duller shade of purple. All the uni reveals have shown this color.

    Also, I like the unis....which makes me afraid the helmet will be something like a Viking's mask. design.
    Found the answer, it's just the lighting

    https://twitter.com/andersonj/status/324882976871694337

  5. #125
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Found the answer, it's just the lighting

    https://twitter.com/andersonj/status/324882976871694337
    That was my thought but... now it makes me wonder about what color we will be seeing on tv?

  6. #126
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Found the answer, it's just the lighting

    https://twitter.com/andersonj/status/324882976871694337
    No surprise there. Purple is among one of the most difficult colors to reproduce in an electronic format.

    Here is your geek PSA for the day:
    In the pre-HD days, the CCD cameras that were used for television now were sensitive to IR wavelengths. Add to that the fact that many of the dyes used in fabric, particularly the purple ones, caused a IR fluorescent effect, the color often came across with a blue-ish hue instead of the purple that we see. This was even more noticeable in the 90's, when the dye for the jerseys fluoresced and the paint for the helmets didn't. That is why we would see blue jerseys and purple helmets on TV!

    HDTV can correct this somewhat by applying digital filters to the video (because it is all digital), but the effect is still technically there - they are just fixing it before the feed is sent out. You will still notice it sometimes when the Vikings are on CBS - the AFC host stations aren't as adept as color correcting the Vikings shade or purple because they don't see it as often.

    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #127
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    I love everything about the reveals so far.. But I WAS hoping for a part of the helmet reveal (like a matte/flat finish or close up of the facemask). But hey, I LOVE the arm stripes. Much better than I expected.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  8. #128
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    No surprise there. Purple is among one of the most difficult colors to reproduce in an electronic format.

    Here is your geek PSA for the day:
    In the pre-HD days, the CCD cameras that were used for television now were sensitive to IR wavelengths. Add to that the fact that many of the dyes used in fabric, particularly the purple ones, caused a IR fluorescent effect, the color often came across with a blue-ish hue instead of the purple that we see. This was even more noticeable in the 90's, when the dye for the jerseys fluoresced and the paint for the helmets didn't. That is why we would see blue jerseys and purple helmets on TV!

    HDTV can correct this somewhat by applying digital filters to the video (because it is all digital), but the effect is still technically there - they are just fixing it before the feed is sent out. You will still notice it sometimes when the Vikings are on CBS - the AFC host stations aren't as adept as color correcting the Vikings shade or purple because they don't see it as often.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #129
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    No surprise there. Purple is among one of the most difficult colors to reproduce in an electronic format.

    Here is your geek PSA for the day:
    In the pre-HD days, the CCD cameras that were used for television now were sensitive to IR wavelengths. Add to that the fact that many of the dyes used in fabric, particularly the purple ones, caused a IR fluorescent effect, the color often came across with a blue-ish hue instead of the purple that we see. This was even more noticeable in the 90's, when the dye for the jerseys fluoresced and the paint for the helmets didn't. That is why we would see blue jerseys and purple helmets on TV!

    HDTV can correct this somewhat by applying digital filters to the video (because it is all digital), but the effect is still technically there - they are just fixing it before the feed is sent out. You will still notice it sometimes when the Vikings are on CBS - the AFC host stations aren't as adept as color correcting the Vikings shade or purple because they don't see it as often.

    Now my head really hurts. Bad enough there are thirteen pages about what these guys are going to wear.
    Would have been better to have a piece by piece reveal of what the cheerleaders may or may not wear !

  10. #130
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    No surprise there. Purple is among one of the most difficult colors to reproduce in an electronic format.

    Here is your geek PSA for the day:
    In the pre-HD days, the CCD cameras that were used for television now were sensitive to IR wavelengths. Add to that the fact that many of the dyes used in fabric, particularly the purple ones, caused a IR fluorescent effect, the color often came across with a blue-ish hue instead of the purple that we see. This was even more noticeable in the 90's, when the dye for the jerseys fluoresced and the paint for the helmets didn't. That is why we would see blue jerseys and purple helmets on TV!

    HDTV can correct this somewhat by applying digital filters to the video (because it is all digital), but the effect is still technically there - they are just fixing it before the feed is sent out. You will still notice it sometimes when the Vikings are on CBS - the AFC host stations aren't as adept as color correcting the Vikings shade or purple because they don't see it as often.


Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •