Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    4Vikings is offline Waterboy

New Vikings Stadium. Is it a HIT or MISS?

Location and Financial debates aside. What do YOU think of the concept for the new Vikings Stadium? Is it a HIT or MISS?

Personally, I like the concept of the new stadium/entertainment complex. However, the new stadium is extremely boring and dull. I don’t understand how they can call it state-of-the-art, when it looks like another bland stadium with another bland retractable roof. Overall, it isn’t architecturally appealing to the eye, as some of the previous concept stadiums have been in the past. Keep in mind, Minneapolis/St. Paul is considering a bid for the Olympics in 2016 or 2020 (they gave it to Atlanta in 1996). Therefore, an appealing stadium is necessary for a winning bid.

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

Re: New Vikings Stadium. Is it a HIT or MISS?

http://www.minnesotamomentum.com/graphics.csp

Maybe you should take another look at it, and what is bland about a retractable roof?
    REDHORSE

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

I disagree. I think it is a very unique stadium with a splash of Nordic. I vote HIT!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

aceclown is offline Coach

The disign of the actual stadium is not set in stone. Since the original disign (the one we see) Wilf has gone to Seattle and other stadiums, and is still working with architects on the design for the stadium. And speaking of stadium, it just became that much more important as the CBA deal is down the tubes. Without a salary cap, the new stadium will allow us to be like the yankees of football, until then, we are like the twins in terms of revenue.

Chuch.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i really hope we get this thing..otherwise i think we will lose the team down the road
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've really liked some of the drawings I've seen them come up with so far..

The latest is really something to behold.......Would be awesome to see the real thing, trust me..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

It's gonna be sweeeeet....

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"4Vikings" wrote:
    Location and Financial debates aside. What do YOU think of the concept for the new Vikings Stadium? Is it a HIT or MISS?

Personally, I like the concept of the new stadium/entertainment complex. However, the new stadium is extremely boring and dull. I don’t understand how they can call it state-of-the-art, when it looks like another bland stadium with another bland retractable roof. Overall, it isn’t architecturally appealing to the eye, as some of the previous concept stadiums have been in the past. Keep in mind, Minneapolis/St. Paul is considering a bid for the Olympics in 2016 or 2020 (they gave it to Atlanta in 1996). Therefore, an appealing stadium is necessary for a winning bid.

Screw the olympics....they don't pull in the money they used to, and they are getting horrible TV ratings these days....I think this stadium would look pretty cool....I dunno, maybe the Anoka county a-holes should git 'er done FINALLY so I can see it in person and judge!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

IMO If they want to get it passed this year, add another stadium for the Twins, with a Twins HOF museum & pro shops all on the same complex.

Only one parking lot would work for both complexes, roads/highways/road construction to & from the stadiums would be cut in half due to one complex instead of two & it would be more of a year around facility.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I think Zygi is going to do his part and get this deal done...hes done more work than Red MCcurse ever did

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast