Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: New Vikings Stadium

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    Don't let him get to you like that, if your avatar offends him that much.. that's his problem. The laugh is on him.

Oh yeah, I'd love to see a new stadium.. complete with a Viking ship and all.. something that'll blow Raymond James outta the water.
    Personally, I really like SIA's avatar. Thought it would be even better with "Purple Reign".
    Someone was using that slogan, so I had to come up with something different, but youare right, it would make sense.
    I like Prince! Who doesn't?
    A lot of these young 'uns just don't appreciate talent & weren't around when he was popular. Sure he was a little different from the norm. Nothing wrong with that. And who am I to judge? I'm still a fan of Alice Cooper & "Ozzie"!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

rick4457 is offline Waterboy

what is the point of a retractable dome?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"rick4457" wrote:
    So it can be opened or closed of course! :lol:

More for rain, bitter cold or blizzard like conditions. Plus they may want to use it year 'round for other events.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"rick4457" wrote:
    The keep the geese from crapping all over the field!

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

ok i had a bit of a rant in another thread on the vikings stadium issue but this post is a little more thought out...
    [hr]
    the vikings warrant a new stadium over other pro or collegiate teams in the state for several reasons.
    1. the ticket sale revunue would be a lot higher than the other teams,after all the vikings sell out all their home games. that is your main chunk of money right there.
    2.with the proposed surrounding businesses that will generate a lot of money from the people who are going out to eat or shopping or whatever. and that just pours more money back into the county and the state.
    3. this stadium is a huge project and will employ thousands of people not only from building the infrastructure surronding the land but the actual construction of the stadium itself and the surrounding businesses.
    4. those retail outlets will create a lot of jobs. which will not only help through income taxes but also in that the people who have the jobs most likely will spend it and when the spend it there will no doubt be some sales tax so the revenue will pay for the costs and eventually start generating a positive flow of money into the blaine/anoka county area.
    5. if the vikings get a new stadium it is very likely we will host another superbowl, which when decided upon will happen no matter what. its not like baseball playoffs where there is no guarante that games will be played, its not like oh this year the al will play its home world series games in minnesota because they have a new facility. hosting the superbowl will bring in people from around the country and my bet would be some of whom would go to the consumer monstrosity known as the mall of america, funneling more funds into the states economy.
    [hr]
    i know i am probably preaching to the choir here but i was feeling a bit embaressed about my other post.

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

"rick4457" wrote:
    the retractable roof is essential if we want to host a superbowl.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    Don't let him get to you like that, if your avatar offends him that much.. that's his problem. The laugh is on him.

Oh yeah, I'd love to see a new stadium.. complete with a Viking ship and all.. something that'll blow Raymond James outta the water.
    Personally, I really like SIA's avatar. Thought it would be even better with "Purple Reign".

I also like the idea of a Viking ship, but not with a Viking ship inside or at the entrance. The whole freakin stadium is a Viking ship. The entire outside "bowl" if you will is the hull. The oars could act as supports & it would have masts & sails at the fore & aft. In other words, enlarge a vikings ship at a grand scale & where the center deck would be is where the playing field is.

If I was any good at photoshop I'd show you what I was talking about.
    That sounds cool. Since there are people here who are skilled at photoshop maybe someone can create the ultimate playing field you were describing.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678