Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

New Vikings Stadium

Artists rendations for the new Vikings Stadium in Blaine have been released. Estimated cost is $700 million. Retractable roof.
    Check the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

Re: NEW VIKINGS STADIUM

Now that is worth fighting for.

Webby is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: New Vikings Stadium

Same as under the Red era. At least we're not paying for another rethunk design.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: NEW VIKINGS STADIUM

Those are old pics...very old pics. But its rumored if it happens, thier will be like a viking ship at the front of it, kinda like the bucs but bigger and better...how sick would that be?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I thought these have been out for a while already...? Oh well.. still looks fucking awesome.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I like the pond outside.

Ice skating in the winter, Packer fan bath in the fall!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The middle photo is the same one I used for actnvike's SIG, last year.

I think I found those on the Vikings.com site.

Not much change.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Come on you cheap a$$ Minnysotan's ... cough up the cash !!!! I paid my taxes to that state till i was 27 and moved to FL, use my money in those coffers to build this thing .... Write you congressman, protest on Capital Hill, Kick the Twinkies out and take their money ... I don't care how, just get it done !!!!!! :thumbright: :thumbleft: :wav: :headbang: :hello1: :blob: ccasion5: These are all the ways you will feel if you do have a fantastic stadium for "tourists" like myself to come and see and spend our cash in this lovely state you call home.

P.S.: If the Twinkies were to go, my grandma would be very, very sad as she has been a fan for over 55 years. But if it gets that exact stadium built with a retractable roof, I'm willing to console her.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Here's the article to go with it from the Pioner Press. These are new renderings according to the Press

Vikings finalize stadium plans

BY SEAN JENSEN and ARON KAHN

Pioneer Press

The Minnesota Vikings and Anoka County have agreed to a plan for a retractable-roof stadium in Blaine that likely would cost at least $700 million when all expenses are tallied.

The parties have a called a Tuesday press conference to announce the plan, which they say calls for spending $675 million for the sliding-roof stadium, parking, land, on-site infrastructure, a practice facility and team headquarters.

The new team owners, led by Zygi Wilf, plan to pay at least $250 million of the cost. The rest of the money would come from an Anoka County sales tax and a tax increment financing district that would capture tax revenues created by the stadium instead of sending those revenues to the state treasury.

The true cost probably will exceed $700 million because the stadium boosters will ask the state to allow the special taxing district to fund road improvements beyond the immediate stadium site -- improvements planned for years in the future that the stadium team wants accelerated.

Lester Bagley, the Vikings vice president of public affairs and stadium development, said Wilf and Anoka officials, including County Board Chairwoman Margaret Langfeld, will announce more details at a press conference at the National Sports Center in Blaine.

Wilf has been trying to persuade Gov. Tim Pawlenty to include the Vikings’ stadium project in the event of a special legislative session this fall, during which stadiums for the Minnesota Twins and University of Minnesota would be considered.

The Vikings and Anoka County need the governor and lawmakers to allow the county to impose the sales tax and to create the tax increment financing district.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I hope the state approves the 200 million. I don't know how much faith I have in MN voters.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast