bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

New Vikings Site

I love the look of the new site, however one of the same problems exists. It is not updated regularly with Viking news.

The best place to get news is usually on a teams website. Packers.com is very good at this. for us we need to go to Viking update or sportsline or Star tribune or espn or pinoneer press to get the lowdown.

The site has been up over a day and it even looks like it's intended to be static. I don;t know maybe my expectations are too high.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

New Vikings Site

That would require them hiring someone to maintain the site on a regular basis and we all know how tight Red is with a buck. :roll:

WWBGD

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

New Vikings Site

Apparantely they did hire on outside source to update it and run it but I agree although it looks cool there is not a lot of news on it. It also isn't very easy to navigate around it at this point at least I don't think so. Maybe I am just used to the old but so far this new site hasn't impressed me yet.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

New Vikings Site

It takes a forever to load on my computer!! I won't go back there until they make it friendlier for my crappy computer and dial-up.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

new Vikings site

I must say I am not very impressed with the new Vikings.com site at all. :angryfire: Sure, it looks cool, but it's also too dark and hard to read. The print and text blends in too much with the background. Plus, there's not much capability for interaction with the fans, and that's what's got to be most important - the FANS!!! Have people in professional sports not figured that out yet - that if it weren't for the fans, none of them would get paid the salaries they do? :roll:

Anyway, Purplepride,org is WAY better, and I'm sure all you Purpleheads can agree with me!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!! :angryfire:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

New Vikings Site

The new site blows, it looks pretty but has hardly any news or interactive features compared to some of the other teams sites.

Was hoping for something better from our team.

Thumbs down!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

New Vikings Site

I must say that I too am disappointed with the "new" website. It is formatted fancier, but basically has no more content from what I see than the old site. It's all sizzle and no steak.

According to the guide I got with my season tickets, the Vikings actually have a full time employee who is responsible for Internet stuff (I am assuming the website). We need to contact this person and get them working on adding some real content to the site. I had no problem at all with the old format of the site (for the most part), but it is pretty much always the LAST site I go to for any Vikings related content. And that is simply because there is so little content, and it isn't any more timely than other sources. It will have the occasional good interview, or transcripts/audio of Tice's press conferences, but that's about it.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

New Vikings Site

I think the new look vikings site is awesome. That is just from first glance though. I haven't really gotten into it much, but I do think it is a lot less boring that what it used to look like!! I'll give it some time to see what I really think of it.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

New Vikings Site

I know they have nothing on our website. They have No Message Boards but this one is better anyway and they have No History section of the vikings and nothing on the metrodome. It Sucks and i emailed the guy and asked him to add more things to the site and never got a email back!
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166