Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: New Vikings Offensive Coordinator!?

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087680
    Thing is, the NFL is a passing league now. Teams are getting to the SB by passing the ball, not pounding it.
    I'm not so sure I agree with that point my friend. Rodgers was the only winning QB to break 300 that won.

IMHO, its a defensive league now. You wanna get to the dance, you bring a damn good defense and a balanced offense that can exploit what the other teams defense can't stop.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

My question, back to the topic, is......"what the hell happened to McDaniels"? Was he asking to much?

Could it be that we are seeing the beginnings of what this team will be allowed to spend this year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

While we continue to wait for Leslie Frazier to complete his coaching staff, one name that continues to come up is Philadelphia Eagles offensive line coach Juan Castillo.

The Philadelphia Daily News has reported a source said no teams have asked for permission to speak to Castillo, but he and Frazier are good friends dating to their time together on the Eagles staff
    Is Eagles assistant on Vikings radar?

Uhhhhh Ohhhhhh. Leslie might bring in another friend, and a Iggle friend at that.

......snicker.......

Still laugh when the Chiller did this and alot of you were all aghast that he would think of doing such a thing......Like all the other coaches in the league haven't done it from the beginning of time. :P

Frazier said that Dunbar and Stewart were going to remain on the staff.
    Damn, I'm good with Stewart, but Dunbar has to go.

Sid Hartman: Frazier keeping Dunbar, Stewart

Some other interesting notes....

and the new Vikings coach did visit with Mike Priefer, former Broncos special teams coach, about that job with the Vikings.
    Guess I need to check out the Broncos ST's production last year.

It's also apparent that linebackers coach Fred Pagac, who replaced Frazier as the interim defensive coordinator at the end of the season, will remain on the staff.
    Best move yet.

All of the position coaches who started with Childress, except for Dunbar, have two-year contracts. So any Frazier doesn't retain will be paid for next year unless they get other jobs. None of those -- including Childress, who also has two years left on his contract -- has received a job so far.

So apparently the Wilf family, owner of the team, is willing to spend the extra money to give Frazier the staff he wants.
    So why didn't they ink McDaniels? Guess, according to the article, we'll know today or tomorrow who the O-coord will be.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1087684
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1087683
    why would any coach leave a great organization like the packers for one in disarray like the vikings?

I am sure Bevell is regretting the damage it did to his career.
    What career? It is not like he was a hot OC before coming to Minnesota.
    He was a hell of a lot hotter before coming here than he is in the post Childress era. At this point he is running with a negative windchill.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1087683
    why would any coach leave a great organization like the packers for one in disarray like the vikings?

I am sure Bevell is regretting the damage it did to his career.
    I think that is the primary question. Why come to a team without a viable quarterback,a rookie head coach, an aging defense, and suspect special teams?

There's no carrot dangling from the stick. It may look like a carrot, but just might be a turd!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1087736
    My question, back to the topic, is......"what the hell happened to McDaniels"? Was he asking to much?

Could it be that we are seeing the beginnings of what this team will be allowed to spend this year?
    I dont think thats it Marrdro. I think that the MCDaniels hire is dependent on whether he will take the job, not whether we offered it to him. I believe that he covets the opportunity to work with Bradford in STL and that he is using that as a negotiation ploy.

IF we don't get him we could always look to the Packer QB coach I guess....not sure I like any other options so far.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I have to ask what is so great about Pagac? He was the DC for 6 games:

Nov. 28 Washington Redskins W 17-13
    Dec. 5 Buffalo Bills W 38-14
    Dec. 13 NY Giants L 21-3
    Dec. 20 Chicago Bears L 40-14
    Dec. 28 Philadelphia Eagles W 24-14
    Jan. 2 Detroit Lions L 20-13

The only real good game was against the Eagles. I'm not criticizing but it's not like he lit the world on fire. Honestly I think Singletary would be better in that position but that's just me.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1087792

Dec. 13 NY Giants L 21-3

The only real good game was against the Eagles. I'm not criticizing but it's not like he lit the world on fire. Honestly I think Singletary would be better in that position but that's just me.

I do as well

I think he got the position because he is familir with what Leslie wants to do and has experience coaching with it

I'm not sure if Singletary would come in and completely scrap the scheme (I personally wouldn't mind) but that's my guess why we are rolling with Pajac

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1087792

Dec. 13 NY Giants L 21-3

I agree totally. Maybe he has something that we haven't seen yet but then again I would ask if that is the case, why haven't we seen it? Hopefully he wasn't saving his "A" game until he got the promotion.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast