Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: New Vikings Offensive Coordinator!?

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089398
    Happens too frequently now that the Chiller was exposed doesn't it?
    Not intended to be an insult or anything, just need to know......When did you join the site?

Very few of us supported the Chiller at first. Just because someone like me didn't want to see him go didn't mean we were upset that he left either.

LMAO. He had the majority of the pre season reps and Brett was beat up most of the year so he was taking a high percentage of the snaps in practice during the season. If he didn't have his shit together after 5 years in the same system then it wasn't getting together.And he did not look good before they knocked knees, he looked average for a KAO QB and that average is nothing to hang your hat on unless you are happy finishing your season in December or early January.

LMAO.

He had the whole pre season to show he had what it took and finally Childress was left with no choice but to beg Brett back for another year.Jackson had a terrible pre season and the coach even had to trade sage because otherwise it would have been incomprehensible to put Jackson ahead of him on the depth chart based on performance...
    You talk like you watch alot of ESPN. LOL

How many game speed reps do you think a team actually takes after they close camp?

Judging by your post you don't have clue, especially when you take into account the type of practices a coach that doesn't hit in preseason runs after camp.

Answer is.....Very few reps. No one, not even the Noodle could have worked things out. Why would anyone think someone of TJ's experience level would?

Can he land a spot on those teams? possibly. Is he going to be the player that takes them to a level they would not reach if he wasn't there? Absolutely not.The question never was whether he could fill a roster spot. The question was whether he had the ability to lead a team to a SB. He doesn't...

Yeah, he could be a reserve on a team that doesn't ask too much of him. That is not the point.
    How in the wide wide world of sports have you morphed my opinion of TJ into something along the lines of a SB caliber QB.

Hell, I've only stated that he is good enough for this team to carry.

LOL, I think you've lost it.

Answer this- Do you see any SB ready teams that are ready to plug him into the starting spot and make a run for the SB? Because that is what Childress did and it failed. name the teams who are SB ready except QB that you think will give him the ship.
    Even though I don't think TJ is anything better than a competent NFL QB right now, I will play your silly game.

PUKERs could plug him in and he would be an upgrade over what they have. Lets not forget two crucial points...TJ has proven he can win off the bench and the PUKERS QB's proved that they couldn't.

Maybe the Steelers would be a good fit.

Hard to go further than those two, mostly cause I don't think any other teams are SB ready.

On a side note, do you honestly think this team was a SB ready team when TJ stepped on the field? Take a hard look at the injury report when you answer.

That is a big deviation from your position this past season that he was ready to go and that he was a legitimate NFL starter. Of course he could get on a roster. there are lots of guys on rosters that are not going to be starters. The point all along was the team needed a starting QB that could win games when the rest of the team was having an off day and he never was that and never will be that.
    No it is not a deviation, unless of course you were drunk and were thinking SB like you were above.

Go back and look at the thread were we made the bet. I repeatedly said that this team could carry a QB and never once said TJ could carry a team.

One more time for possible penetration. If TJ were to land on a good team, he would do fine. The Vikes, in 2009, were a team he would have done fine. The Vikes in 2010, if they would have had all the pieces from the start, would have been the same. Alas, that didn't happen.

Hell, even the Noodle sucked on this team without Rice and Harvin. Why would anyone in their right mind not think that TJ wouldn't have issues as well.

WOW.

And just how far did those players take those teams again? Nobody here had much of a problem with him on the team as a backup. What people had a problem with was a coach that handed him the starting role when he was no where near ready to take it and then bolstered his spot by only bringing in washed up has been players that had no chance to challenge either him or Childress. Until Brett.
    You don't know if he wasn't ready to start on a team that had all its starters.

Unless of course you are now putting your QB analysit prowess up there with your coaching analyst prowess......LOL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089461
    Not intended to be an insult or anything, just need to know......When did you join the site?
    I'm just a noob. Learned most of what I know from reading back posts from this UffDavikes guy. He was pretty spot on.:P

Very few of us supported the Chiller at first. Just because someone like me didn't want to see him go didn't mean we were upset that he left either.
    OK. If I do decide to take the time and go back to the thread where he was hired and prove you wrong, are you going to buy caine the beer you owe him?:laugh:

You talk like you watch alot of ESPN. LOL
    I don't really ever watch ESPN. I watch the team play it's games. Of course I am not so busy with the spreadsheets so it's easier to see the play on the field.lol

How many game speed reps do you think a team actually takes after they close camp?
    Who was taking the game speed reps in training camp?

Judging by your post you don't have clue, especially when you take into account the type of practices a coach that doesn't hit in preseason runs after camp.
    Nope, I don't have a clue. In fact I was totally wrong when i said childress sucked as a coach and TJ was not ready to be a starting QB. At least you set me straight.

Answer is.....Very few reps. No one, not even the Noodle could have worked things out. Why would anyone think someone of TJ's experience level would?
    How many did brett have in the 2009 pre season? It sure took him a long time to work things out didn't it?

How in the wide wide world of sports have you morphed my opinion of TJ into something along the lines of a SB caliber QB.
    Well, had we went with him instead of Brett in 2009, would he have won the last game where Brett failed?

Hell, I've only stated that he is good enough for this team to carry.
    So that is your goal, to have a QB good enough for the team to carry? Man, you might want to flirt with the bengals again lol.

LOL, I think you've lost it.
    Probably. Sum day mebbe I kin lern enuff to git on yer spred shiit. I'll keep tryin.

Even though I don't think TJ is anything better than a competent NFL QB right now, I will play your silly game.
    Really- you don't need to say anything on my account. If you feel compelled to make yourself feel better go right ahead.

PUKERs could plug him in and he would be an upgrade over what they have. Lets not forget two crucial points...TJ has proven he can win off the bench and the PUKERS QB's proved that they couldn't.
    As a starter or as a backup? You are saying he is starter quality not just reserve quality right? Even then my guess is the Packers would never trade their backup for jackson and after seeing the NE game only under Childress could he beat out their backup for the spot.

Maybe the Steelers would be a good fit.
    As a backup

Hard to go further than those two, mostly cause I don't think any other teams are SB ready.
    Sad.

On a side note, do you honestly think this team was a SB ready team when TJ stepped on the field? Take a hard look at the injury report when you answer.
    With a better coach and a better QB we could have won the SB in 2008 and 2009.

No it is not a deviation, unless of course you were drunk and were thinking SB like you were above.
    If you are looking at the team as not contending for the Sb then I finally understand why you were content with jackson and Childress. Now that I understand your expectations I can refrain from discussion with you.

One more time for possible penetration. If TJ were to land on a good team, he would do fine. The Vikes, in 2009, were a team he would have done fine. The Vikes in 2010, if they would have had all the pieces from the start, would have been the same. Alas, that didn't happen.
    He was on a good team in 2008 and he was the weak link that held them back.

He was on a good team in 2009 and he was no better so they brought in an old washed up QB to try and salvage the team

He was on a good team last year and showed so poorly in the preseason that they had to try to resurrect the old and busted to salvage the team. When he did get to play he lasted less than a half and was on IR for the remainder of the season.

Hell, even the Noodle sucked on this team without Rice and Harvin. Why would anyone in their right mind not think that TJ wouldn't have issues as well.

WOW.
    He sucked because his body was still not recovered from the surgery that he had.That plus the center getting him killed nearly every game.

You don't know if he wasn't ready to start on a team that had all its starters.
    What team has all of it's starters? Hell, teams win SB's with a laundry list of players on IR.

Unless of course you are now putting your QB analysit prowess up there with your coaching analyst prowess......LOL.
    Well, I certainly don't rank with you because for the life of me I still don't see anything in TJ and you certainly do. Some day I just might brighten up and see the things you do. until then i think i will refrain from any more Tj or Chilly discussions with you and focus on the team we have, not the failures we don't.inch:

I have a new nickname for ya.......quoter.....LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089473
    I'm just a noob. Learned most of what I know from reading back posts from this UffDavikes guy. He was pretty spot on.:P
    Ahhhhhh a Uffda clone. LOL, he is a damn fine poster.

OK. If I do decide to take the time and go back to the thread where he was hired and prove you wrong, are you going to buy caine the beer you owe him?:laugh:
    Problem with going back is you have to pay attention to the discussion especially in my case. I will take many tacts in an effort to get a discussion going. Doesn't mean I am not clear on my stance, just that I will try both sides at times.

In this case, I, like a few of us, have been on and off when it comes to the Chiller. Additionally, I hate just changing a HC cause fans and players don't like him. If the team is winning he should stay, even if he has one bad year. Please remember that when you read my posts.

I don't really ever watch ESPN. I watch the team play it's games. Of course I am not so busy with the spreadsheets so it's easier to see the play on the field.lol
    Well played. Spreadsheets, however, are only for PPO, not the team. I do chart the games, much the way baseball fans chart baseball games.

Who was taking the game speed reps in training camp?
    TJ, but by the time the Noodle came, mucked about for most of the season, that was all lost.

Nope, I don't have a clue. In fact I was totally wrong when i said childress sucked as a coach and TJ was not ready to be a starting QB. At least you set me straight.
    It isn't ever a right wrong thing my friend. Thats for debates. This is a discussion page.

As to the Chiller sucking, did he suck in 2009 or are you one that thinks we only won because of the Noodle? If you are of that ilk, then I ask, what happened this year? Why didn't the great Noodle pull us through?

I am of the ilk that believes this is the greatest team sport. The Noodle, although not my favorite cat in the world, was not solely to blame for this year. Lots of issues, starting with player contracts, lead to this years demise.

Firing the coach didn't/isn't gonna change that. We still have issues when it comes to players who aren't happy with the way the staff treated them.

How many did brett have in the 2009 pre season? It sure took him a long time to work things out didn't it?
    If you look back, he actually came to camp in 2009. Big difference from 2010.

Well, had we went with him instead of Brett in 2009, would he have won the last game where Brett failed?
    That doesn't mean I think he is a SB caliber QB. It just means I dislike the Noodle enough to go with UFFda at QB instead of him.

So that is your goal, to have a QB good enough for the team to carry? Man, you might want to flirt with the bengals again lol.
    No that isn't my goal. Quick question, what type of QB do you think we are gonna have this year? Its gonna be a kid that needs to be developed. Hell even if we find one and he plays anything close to Ryan or Flacco, he will still have issues, like they have had, for 3 or 4 years.

For this year, because the Noodle had a busted up ankle, a digned wing and a "I'm only here cause they asked me" attitude, I would have rather watched TJ run the team. Hell, I would have rather watched Sage run the team for that matter.

Probably. Sum day mebbe I kin lern enuff to git on yer spred shiit. I'll keep tryin.
    Hang around. Even I learn things on here. :P

Really- you don't need to say anything on my account. If you feel compelled to make yourself feel better go right ahead.
    Don't need to feel better. Just gonna answer a question when asked. I roll that way.

As a starter or as a backup? You are saying he is starter quality not just reserve quality right? Even then my guess is the Packers would never trade their backup for jackson and after seeing the NE game only under Childress could he beat out their backup for the spot.
    I guess you have to take into account the situation. Is the starter able to go? Then hes the back up. If the starter can't go, then he's the starter.

The PUKERs, this year, ran their backup out there as a starter and almost didn't make the playoffs and eventually the SB because of that backup/starter.

I for one think TJ is a better QB than their backup/starter.

As a backup
    Same answwer, however, for the Steelers, I kindof like what they have in Dixon but think TJ might be better than he is as well.

Sad.
    Whats sad? That I don't think any of the other 30 teams are SB ready. I think the season kindof proves the weren't.

With a better coach and a better QB we could have won the SB in 2008 and 2009.
    2008? Not a chance. We had issues at C, CB and S not to mention the QB and coaching issues.

2009? QB I can agree, however, I don't blame the HC for what happened in the NFFC game. I blame the RB coach. He was the yutz who didn't have his headset on and miss the change in the play which in turn resulted in the wrong RB set sent out.

If you are looking at the team as not contending for the Sb then I finally understand why you were content with jackson and Childress. Now that I understand your expectations I can refrain from discussion with you.
    Why, cause I can look back and say, nope, that team wasn't ready?

Every year I have the raw raw we are gonna win attitude. Every year I look back and say nope/yup on what I thought.

Doesn't in anyway mean I was content with TJ or the Chiller. It just means I can look back and see if I was on the mark or not.

FYI, next year, I'm gonna have the same raw raw attitude, but don't think we are going anywere but to the rebuilding shed.

If you don't like that, well, don't chat with me then. No skin off my keyboard. I will find someone else to talk football with. PPO is loadedw with them.

He was on a good team in 2008 and he was the weak link that held them back.

He was on a good team in 2009 and he was no better so they brought in an old washed up QB to try and salvage the team

He was on a good team last year and showed so poorly in the preseason that they had to try to resurrect the old and busted to salvage the team. When he did get to play he lasted less than a half and was on IR for the remainder of the season.
    Couple of thoughts. The QB has always been the weakest link on this team, all the way back to the Denny era.

If you really take a look at the QB's that came out in TJ's class and mix in the Vets that have been available, along with the rookies we've had the access to draft, I think you would be hard pressed to find one that has done better than TJ has.

Again, that doesn't mean he is a HOF'r or anything. I'm just saying that you can't find one that has done better. I made a whole thread that I've bumped several times that bares that out.

He sucked because his body was still not recovered from the surgery that he had.That plus the center getting him killed nearly every game.
    If he couldn't get out of the way he shouldn't have been out there. The other QB's that were behind that C.

Long story short, WCO QB's get banged around. Its part of the scheme. The Noodle shouldn't have played this year if he was hurt.

What team has all of it's starters? Hell, teams win SB's with a laundry list of players on IR.
    Good point. Very few have 2 of thier starting WR's, both G's and their C, out for most of the season though.

Well, I certainly don't rank with you because for the life of me I still don't see anything in TJ and you certainly do. Some day I just might brighten up and see the things you do. until then i think i will refrain from any more Tj or Chilly discussions with you and focus on the team we have, not the failures we don't.inch:
    Don't refrain. Its not personal.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dfosterf is offline Coach

It's called an inductive leap, and it's in the logic arena. Your boy Jackson certainly looked like an NFL QB.

Why in the hell do you Vikes fans do this to yourselves?

I said this a long time ago... it's like that velociraptor pit in the sequel to Jurrasic Park...

TO WHAT END?

Jackson looked like a legitimate QB to me too. Sue me. I'm not LYING for Christ's sake.

I think uffda is funny, btw- whateverthehellhecallshimselfthesedays :P

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1089480
    It's called an inductive leap, and it's in the logic arena. Your boy Jackson certainly looked like an NFL QB.

Why in the hell do you Vikes fans do this to yourselves?

I said this a long time ago... it's like that velociraptor pit in the sequel to Jurrasic Park...

TO WHAT END?

Jackson looked like a legitimate QB to me too. Sue me. I'm not LYING for Christ's sake.

I think uffda is funny, btw- whateverthehellhecallshimselfthesedays :P
    LOL, well played my friend.

Truth of the matter is, TJ is linked to the Chiller. For that, he will always be judged accordingly. What is funny in all of this is that the ones who hack on me for not relenting and falling to the ground and worshipping the Noodle are the same ones who have taken this path with TJ.

On a side note, I, for one, think he is going to be a fine QB in this league.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112