Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: New Vikings Offensive Coordinator!?

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088862
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088853
    First, TJ wasn't my golden boy. I was against him long before you were.
    LMAO. You cannot honestly believe you can try to re write history so soon after it happens can you? I will be fair and not post anything contradicting what you just said but please, please feel free to post as many things as you wish that will support your statement. I will be looking forward to that.:P
    Don't get me wrong. I still think TJ is gonna be a damn good QB in this league but he has never been my golden boy. I just like him alot more than I do the lame duck starter we just had for 2 years.

Hell, I still say that El Syd and PH made the Noodle look good last year even though the likes of you kept saying the Noodle made them look good.

That meatball got slapped foul when the Noodle couldn't do shit this year without Rice and PH on the field consistently.

Rewrite history my ass.......FOUL BALL.....

Second, you couldn't hit a meatball if I held it still.
    Just did.
    Strike one......To think you thought that foul ball was a home run. WOW.

Again, the OL had issues this year, just like alot of other positions, but a QB with a busted ankle did nothing to help them and thier issues. Truth of the matter is, "Heres a meatball for ya", when we had a raw rook like Web in there, he looked better than the Noodle.
    First, let me start by commenting on your opening sentence. The QB had a busted up ankle for one reason and one reason only- The line did not protect him and he took a beating that ended a 20 year career where he never missed a start
    STRIKE TWO......

The Noodles ankle was busted up cause he wouldn't get rid of the ball. Again, that same OL you say couldn't protect him did just fine with Webb in there, hell, they even had two backups in there and still did fine.

Now, on to your meatball:

Webb did not look better than Brett. He did not have better stats, he did not make better reads on the defense and he did not throw more TD's. His int ratio was also no better than old and busted.

What Webb did look better than was the #2 QB who was groomed by the previous coach for 5 seasons. He looked more poised, more in control and more in command than #2 did. The whole problem with the perception of the rook was that he was being compared to #2(not his uniform number but rather his anointed spot on the depth chart and also coincidentally a good description of the way he played) instead of any of the quality starters that were playing around the league. The presence of TJ on the roster over the past 5 seasons and constant exposure to the Childress KAO clouded the judgement of too many fans and lowered their expectations for how a QB should and could look.

Hit that one my friend.
    STRIKE THREEEEEEEEEE, YOUR OUTA HEREEEEEEEEE.

The Iggles defense couldn't stop our offense with Webb in there. If the Noodle would have been in there, we would have seen the same approach every other team has taken since the AINT's game last year.....Flooded gaps, loaded boxes, whack the statue.

When Webb was in there (and TJ for that matter) we saw LB'rs dropping back off the line, DE's honoring thier edges before they came and a offense that actually moved the ball.

What did we see with the Noodle? Crap. An old man, wanting to pad his stats, trying to hang on to something he didn't have since atleast 2007.

Done
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088909
    I will give you this......I was so against the Noodle I actually got to liking TJ.

As to the Web comment. I am moslty basing it on one game against the Iggles. You gotta admit the kid looked good and the team looked good making him look good.
    again. Considering he's a raw late round rookie QB project, he looked decent. However, if he were a seasoned veteran, that would be a sub-par day. He made some very nice plays, and some poor plays.
    Sad thing is, it wasn't even the starters out there with him. He had alot of backups as his supporting cast and they still played thier asses off. To bad we will never see the starters on the field together again.
    And this was any different when Favre was playing?

This year was nothing but a waste.....
    finally, something we can agree on

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088912
    LMAO. You cannot honestly believe you can try to re write history so soon after it happens can you? I will be fair and not post anything contradicting what you just said but please, please feel free to post as many things as you wish that will support your statement. I will be looking forward to that.:P
    Don't get me wrong. I still think TJ is gonna be a damn good QB in this league but he has never been my golden boy. I just like him alot more than I do the lame duck starter we just had for 2 years.

Hell, I still say that El Syd and PH made the Noodle look good last year even though the likes of you kept saying the Noodle made them look good.

That meatball got slapped foul when the Noodle couldn't do shit this year without Rice and PH on the field consistently.

Just did.

Again, the OL had issues this year, just like alot of other positions, but a QB with a busted ankle did nothing to help them and thier issues. Truth of the matter is, "Heres a meatball for ya", when we had a raw rook like Web in there, he looked better than the Noodle.
    First, let me start by commenting on your opening sentence. The QB had a busted up ankle for one reason and one reason only- The line did not protect him and he took a beating that ended a 20 year career where he never missed a start
    STRIKE TWO......

The Noodles ankle was busted up cause he wouldn't get rid of the ball. Again, that same OL you say couldn't protect him did just fine with Webb in there, hell, they even had two backups in there and still did fine.

Webb did not look better than Brett. He did not have better stats, he did not make better reads on the defense and he did not throw more TD's. His int ratio was also no better than old and busted.

What Webb did look better than was the #2 QB who was groomed by the previous coach for 5 seasons. He looked more poised, more in control and more in command than #2 did. The whole problem with the perception of the rook was that he was being compared to #2(not his uniform number but rather his anointed spot on the depth chart and also coincidentally a good description of the way he played) instead of any of the quality starters that were playing around the league. The presence of TJ on the roster over the past 5 seasons and constant exposure to the Childress KAO clouded the judgement of too many fans and lowered their expectations for how a QB should and could look.

Hit that one my friend.

The Iggles defense couldn't stop our offense with Webb in there. If the Noodle would have been in there, we would have seen the same approach every other team has taken since the AINT's game last year.....Flooded gaps, loaded boxes, whack the statue.

When Webb was in there (and TJ for that matter) we saw LB'rs dropping back off the line, DE's honoring thier edges before they came and a offense that actually moved the ball.

What did we see with the Noodle? Crap. An old man, wanting to pad his stats, trying to hang on to something he didn't have since atleast 2007.

Done
    Yeah, OK.

Whatever gets you through the night:laugh:

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088923

Just did.

STRIKE TWO......

Hit that one my friend.

Done
    Yeah, OK.

Whatever gets you through the night:laugh:
    I lol'd

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088909
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1088857
    when we had a raw rook like Web in there, he looked better than the Noodle.
    Very subjective statement right there.

He looked like a rookie. Missing throws, bad plays, about what we expected. He had one thing, which was mobility. Fact is, he played one good game, and two poor games. And furthermore, his one "good" game, wasn't really a "good" game. For him? yes. As far as being a starting QB in the league? Not really. 17/26, 65.4%, 195yds, 0td, 0int, 31 rush yards, 1rtd.

That's a very mediocre game. If he were an established starter in the league, we wouldn't be talking about how Webb played a good game, we'd be talking about how our D came to play(they did), and how the rest of our O did enough to win(they did).

The thing is, you are so dead set against Favre, you make painfully inaccurate statements like that.

Favre:
    60.6%, 7.0 avg, 11td, 19int, 0.0307 td%, 0.0530 int%, 69.9 rating

Webb:
    60.7, 5.4 avg, 0td, 3int, 0.000td%0.0337 int%, 60.9 rating

While yes, Webb showed us some things Favre couldn't, namely mobility, and ability to evade a pass rush, he in no way shape or form played better QB than Favre.
    I will give you this......I was so against the Noodle I actually got to liking TJ.

As to the Web comment. I am moslty basing it on one game against the Iggles. You gotta admit the kid looked good and the team looked good making him look good.

Sad thing is, it wasn't even the starters out there with him. He had alot of backups as his supporting cast and they still played thier asses off. To bad we will never see the starters on the field together again.

This year was nothing but a waste.....

El Syd protecting himself cause the staff wouldn't give him a long term deal.

Edwards playing pissed and protecting himself.

A starting QB that played most of the year with a busted ankle and dinged wing.

OL that couldn't stay healthy.

......gonna be a long offseason my friend as we watch this new staff try to build it again.
    Not this crap again....

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Just did.

STRIKE TWO......

Hit that one my friend.

Done
    1: I recall a certain someone being such a blatant fan of Jackson that they wagered on him....who was that?

Oh yeah...YOU.

Of course, when Jackson got his chance, he tanked completely. After being bailed out by the Defense against a lousy Bills team, management decided to cut bait and put him on IR. There's a resounding endorsement.

You, of course, continue to maintain he's "going to be a damn good QB in this league"...even though a team in desperate need of a QB just shitcanned him...

2: You love to blame the continuous and continual failings of the O-line on Favre...or try to at least. On the play he got busted up on, he did hold the ball a bit....and had McKinney actually BLOCKED his guy instead of trying to push him off, he might have made a play. Instead, it prematurely ended Favre's season.

That, of course, was followed by craptacular performance after craptacular performance by an O-line that couldn't buy time against a motivated Girl Scout troop on a cookie drive. Bottom line, that O-line was horrible almost all season long.

Of course, they'd have a couple of decent showings against BAD TEAMS, then Marrdro would come out and blather on about how under rated they were, and how it was really Favre's fault, or the receiver's fault, or anyone else's fault...

...so why is it that Marrdro wants us to draft an Offensive Lineman right away? Maybe it's because he REALLY knows that our O-line SUCKS and we need a new one!!!

3: Nobody did shit without Rice and Harvin in this year...until Moss showed up. Even Rice and Harvin couldn't make Webb look like anything more than what he is - a project QB who needs work. And they couldn't save Jackson from looking like what HE is - a guy who hasn't figured it out after FIVE YEARS.

Of course, there was Favre. Minus Rice, Minus Harvin, and saddled with a shitty O-line....

...where was the team that could "carry a QB"? Where was that team that only needed a game manager?

See, you talk out of both sides of your mouth...and neither side is right.

Bottom line, the O-line sucked. Favre played poorly, but Childress didn't give him anything to work with. Jackson sucked - flat out sucked. Webb never "looked great", he looked like a project that needed work...but feel free to keep hyperinflating his performances like you did with Jackson's.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088961

Just did.

STRIKE TWO......

Hit that one my friend.

Done
    1: I recall a certain someone being such a blatant fan of Jackson that they wagered on him....who was that?

Oh yeah...YOU.

Of course, when Jackson got his chance, he tanked completely. After being bailed out by the Defense against a lousy Bills team, management decided to cut bait and put him on IR. There's a resounding endorsement.

You, of course, continue to maintain he's "going to be a damn good QB in this league"...even though a team in desperate need of a QB just shitcanned him...

2: You love to blame the continuous and continual failings of the O-line on Favre...or try to at least. On the play he got busted up on, he did hold the ball a bit....and had McKinney actually BLOCKED his guy instead of trying to push him off, he might have made a play. Instead, it prematurely ended Favre's season.

That, of course, was followed by craptacular performance after craptacular performance by an O-line that couldn't buy time against a motivated Girl Scout troop on a cookie drive. Bottom line, that O-line was horrible almost all season long.

Of course, they'd have a couple of decent showings against BAD TEAMS, then Marrdro would come out and blather on about how under rated they were, and how it was really Favre's fault, or the receiver's fault, or anyone else's fault...

...so why is it that Marrdro wants us to draft an Offensive Lineman right away? Maybe it's because he REALLY knows that our O-line SUCKS and we need a new one!!!

3: Nobody did shit without Rice and Harvin in this year...until Moss showed up. Even Rice and Harvin couldn't make Webb look like anything more than what he is - a project QB who needs work. And they couldn't save Jackson from looking like what HE is - a guy who hasn't figured it out after FIVE YEARS.

Of course, there was Favre. Minus Rice, Minus Harvin, and saddled with a shitty O-line....

...where was the team that could "carry a QB"? Where was that team that only needed a game manager?

Bottom line, the O-line sucked. Favre played poorly, but Childress didn't give him anything to work with. Jackson sucked - flat out sucked. Webb never "looked great", he looked like a project that needed work...but feel free to keep hyperinflating his performances like you did with Jackson's.

Caine
    Why oh why do you think I put the loophole in our bet?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089018

Just did.

STRIKE TWO......

Hit that one my friend.

Done

Oh yeah...YOU.

Caine
    Because you knew deep in your heart that we were right and you were wrong
    :woohoo:

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089050
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089018

Just did.

STRIKE TWO......

Hit that one my friend.

Done

Oh yeah...YOU.

Caine
    Because you knew deep in your heart that we were right and you were wrong
    :woohoo:
    The ole "Right/Wrong" tact again.....

Look close at Caines response. He is adamant that TJ had another chance that was better than the other chances when in fact, he looked good with the mixed bag of starters he had on the field until he and AD knocked knees. Not because he sucked or AD sucked, but because someone, who shouldn't have been on the field, took reps away from those two this year.

In the end, nope, I knew that he wouldn't get a chance to run with the ones this year because of the Noodle. I left myself an out and will put my beer money on him and the team he lands with next year.

Believe it or not, the following teams are looking for a starting QB and TJ is one of the best that is out there.

Vikings
    49'rs
    Cards
    Redskins
    Titans
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Panthers
    Seahawks

Teams that might want some depth
    Dallas
    Lions
    Chiefs
    Bengals
    PUKERs

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying, nor have I ever said he anything great, I am just saying that there isn't much out there that is better and a couple of teams will probably go after him.

If you don't agree, then you should look at what teams gave up for last year for the likes of Campbell and Whitehurst.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089389
    The ole "Right/Wrong" tact again.....
    Happens too frequently now that the Chiller was exposed doesn't it?

Look close at Caines response. He is adamant that TJ had another chance that was better than the other chances when in fact, he looked good with the mixed bag of starters he had on the field until he and AD knocked knees. Not because he sucked or AD sucked, but because someone, who shouldn't have been on the field, took reps away from those two this year.
    LMAO. He had the majority of the pre season reps and Brett was beat up most of the year so he was taking a high percentage of the snaps in practice during the season. If he didn't have his shit together after 5 years in the same system then it wasn't getting together.And he did not look good before they knocked knees, he looked average for a KAO QB and that average is nothing to hang your hat on unless you are happy finishing your season in December or early January.

In the end, nope, I knew that he wouldn't get a chance to run with the ones this year because of the Noodle. I left myself an out and will put my beer money on him and the team he lands with next year.
    LMAO.

He had the whole pre season to show he had what it took and finally Childress was left with no choice but to beg Brett back for another year.Jackson had a terrible pre season and the coach even had to trade sage because otherwise it would have been incomprehensible to put Jackson ahead of him on the depth chart based on performance...

Believe it or not, the following teams are looking for a starting QB and TJ is one of the best that is out there.

Vikings
    49'rs
    Cards
    Redskins
    Titans
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Panthers
    Seahawks
    Can he land a spot on those teams? possibly. Is he going to be the player that takes them to a level they would not reach if he wasn't there? Absolutely not.The question never was whether he could fill a roster spot. The question was whether he had the ability to lead a team to a SB. He doesn't...

Teams that might want some depth
    Dallas
    Lions
    Chiefs
    Bengals
    PUKERs
    Yeah, he could be a reserve on a team that doesn't ask too much of him. That is not the point.

Answer this- Do you see any SB ready teams that are ready to plug him into the starting spot and make a run for the SB? Because that is what Childress did and it failed. name the teams who are SB ready except QB that you think will give him the ship.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying, nor have I ever said he anything great, I am just saying that there isn't much out there that is better and a couple of teams will probably go after him.
    That is a big deviation from your position this past season that he was ready to go and that he was a legitimate NFL starter. Of course he could get on a roster. there are lots of guys on rosters that are not going to be starters. The point all along was the team needed a starting QB that could win games when the rest of the team was having an off day and he never was that and never will be that.

If you don't agree, then you should look at what teams gave up for last year for the likes of Campbell and Whitehurst.
    And just how far did those players take those teams again? Nobody here had much of a problem with him on the team as a backup. What people had a problem with was a coach that handed him the starting role when he was no where near ready to take it and then bolstered his spot by only bringing in washed up has been players that had no chance to challenge either him or Childress. Until Brett.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast