Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New Vikes Jerseys cheap at MOA

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Obviously, FT hasn't seen the new jerseys yet.

Exactly what colors do you think we have given up? The Purple, gold & white are still there, just as they were before.
    I've seen the jerseys, I saw Birk (I believe) wear them on a runway. The purple didn't look right, it was more of a dark blue it appeared. 'Purple' pants? That's just weird! I didn't see much gold either, it seemed the white was more prominant than it should be. I was unimpressed, were you all really not horrified? Or are you just afraid to publically admit to a Packer fan just how drab and disgusting the new unis will be? :grin:
    Well.. I'm looking at my new jersey right now and it looks awesome to me. It also looks very much purple. On the other hand your jerseys look like someone threw up on them and sprayed them with cheese wiz.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Obviously, FT hasn't seen the new jerseys yet.

Exactly what colors do you think we have given up? The Purple, gold & white are still there, just as they were before.
    I've seen the jerseys, I saw Birk (I believe) wear them on a runway. The purple didn't look right, it was more of a dark blue it appeared. 'Purple' pants? That's just weird! I didn't see much gold either, it seemed the white was more prominant than it should be. I was unimpressed, were you all really not horrified? Or are you just afraid to publically admit to a Packer fan just how drab and disgusting the new unis will be? :grin:
    Nice try, but I was at the draft party and saw the new jerseys up close and in person, and right next to the old jerseys. They look to be the exact same shade of purple.. .not blue at all.

Also, they have a very prominent gold collar, and it stands out much more than the gold o nthe sleeves of the previous jerseys.

And purple pants with the away uniforms have bene used before. A lot of us were happy for the return.

If you were unimpressed, that is OK. You are, after all, a Packer fan. :grin: I love them!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Top_Speed is offline Starter

I like the new look... home & away jerseys, pants. DON'T LIKE THE BLACK SHOES however, I know I already voiced this displeasure.

The new uni's
    Get use to it! (and like and love) the players playing inside the damn uniforms, those are the genuine "Classic Cokes" we admire.
    Home Sweet Dome...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

doesn't look like they have a website to order through
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    They're ugly. You old jerseys were classic, this makes you look...collegiate. This is new Coke, 'Classic Coke' will be returning soon enough. No wonder they're on discount already.

Lordy, you look like the Northwestern Wildcats! No other football team in creation has ever considered copycatting them, why'd it have to be the Vikes?

You have shamed yourselves and there will be a pennance extracted. :P
    I am sorry, but people that wear big orange wedges of foam on their heads and call it cheese just are not qualified to make a fashion critique. :razz:

WWBGD

"RK." wrote:
    "Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    They're ugly. You old jerseys were classic, this makes you look...collegiate. This is new Coke, 'Classic Coke' will be returning soon enough. No wonder they're on discount already.

Lordy, you look like the Northwestern Wildcats! No other football team in creation has ever considered copycatting them, why'd it have to be the Vikes?

I am sorry, but people that wear big orange wedges of foam on their heads and call it cheese just are not qualified to make a fashion critique. :razz:
    Truthfully I agree with you and wouldn't be caught dead with cheese on my head, foam or not.

I guess I was mistaken about the color, perhaps it was the lighting or the fact the first thing I thought of was Northwestern and that stuck in my mind.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I do like the new uniforms. It's a change. As much as I like change and like the changes made to the Vikes unis, it's still hard to give up the classic unis.

As far as the Packers are concerned, I wouldn't care if they changed their unis or not. I guess it's the same as the Vikings. I think their classic unis they wear now are fine. As far as Favre goes, it doesn't matter if he plays or not either. I think he still has the talent to be dangerous and with their draft I think they will be improved. However, he still makes his share of mistakes. I totally agree wearing cheese on the head looks rediculous and I would never do that. I do have a foam Viking hat that I think is pretty cool.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Holy Cow!! Thanks, man. I need to take a trip out that way this weekend. Were there any good jerseys left? I mean, they all are good, but I am looking for a Brad Johnson jersey.

I will probably call them and see what is left. But thanks again. Good looking out.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

Yeah, the puke green and cheese colors look SOOOOOOO much better... :roll:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It's not normal for people to wear blaze orange coveralls and cheese on their heads, it just looks stupid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast