Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Turf

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

New Turf

How do you think the new turf in the dome will affect the Vikings this year? It's supposed to be like playing on real grass, but obviously, we'll still have the perfect conditions inside. Looks like the Twins have been taking a little time getting used to the "slower" conditions (not to mention Mauer's on the DL now). Can this possibly slow down our game any? If so, how? Less injuries, or maybe more? Your thoughts.

Have they already modified the field at Eden Prairie to match? Does anyone know? I'm assuming they would.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

New Turf

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAVike

How do you think the new turf in the dome will affect the Vikings this year? It's supposed to be like playing on real grass, but obviously, we'll still have the perfect conditions inside. Looks like the Twins have been taking a little time getting used to the "slower" conditions (not to mention Mauer's on the DL now). Can this possibly slow down our game any? If so, how? Less injuries, or maybe more? Your thoughts.

Have they already modified the field at Eden Prairie to match? Does anyone know? I'm assuming they would.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

well we are 2-0 on that surface. IE, detroit and Atlanta.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

New Turf

We'll see about this turf.......I'm not really sure if it will help or hurt........

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

fan4favre is offline Starter

New Turf

I would assume this would give turf teams a better shot at playing against the Viking's fast defense. Hard to say though, nothing can simulate the cold and windy conditions of the outdoors. I'm still waiting for Red to yank the roof off the Dome. That's real football!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

New Turf

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fan4favre

I would assume this would give turf teams a better shot at playing against the Viking's fast defense. Hard to say though, nothing can simulate the cold and windy conditions of the outdoors. I'm still waiting for Red to yank the roof off the Dome. That's real football!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's weird, we put the new turf in for less injuries, and look at all the twins that have been hurt in the first 3 games. Hunter, Mauer, santana, and Lecroy have all left games with injuries. I realize that they aren't because of the turf, but the injuries seem to find a away of happening no matter what they are playing on.

New Turf

It will help reduce injuries...and they have already played on it before there will be no problems. There is only 2 teams left with the s**t turf(Colts,Rams).

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

New Turf

That turf was suppose to go in quite some time ago at Winter Park. I read about them installing it. So I assume it was in. They were installing it in Winter Park about the same time they announced the company that was doing it was going bankrupt or something like that. So I don't know how much time theVikings may put in on the field if any during their offseason workout program that started the beginning of this past week but I would assume by the time the minicamp roles around the beginning of May the guys should get a little workout on it. But it does seem the twins are getting injured left and right and the season just started and the thing they said is that it will slow them down a little on their play but will help prevent injuries haven't seen that so far have we since every other twin seems to have gone down with an injury. Let just hope that it is because they are just getting used to the new surface. At least the vikings will be working on the new surface at winter park before the season starts as that is what they will practice on regularly when not outside. With the exception of when they are in Mankato I don't think the twins had that luxury really to get a lot of practice in on the new stuff before the season started.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

New Turf

I like the new turf, it will help with injuries a lot. what I don't understand is why everyone is concerned with the Vikings getting slowed down? Doesn't our opponents have to play on that same turf? If our players were faster than other teams on the old turf shouldn't they still be faster than those same teams on the new turf? I don't know, just a thought.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

New Turf

Thats so true Big Daddy even if it does slow us down its not like were playing on it by ourselves the other team will be using it as well so we would still be faster than them. Excellent point.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

New Turf

I read that the turf needs some time to be "broken in." With the Twinkies playing on it right now, it should optimal by the time the Vikes use it.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast