Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: New Troy Williamson video............you'll like this.......

I'm excited about him. I hope he adapts to NFL quickly like Moss did in his rookie season. I hate to always compare him to Moss, but our standards have been set high and we've been pretty spoiled for over a decade first with CC and then Moss. I hope he's just the next guy in line for WR success right along with Burleson.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

I love the montage clip of troy, gotta love when you see him break tackles, block and continue to run past defenders. AND he does it with the ball being underthrown almost every time, that wont happen with pepp.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Now that is a pure show of speed. I can't wait to see him in purple burning DB's like that.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: New Troy Williamson video............you'll like this...

The best clip I've seen of him is the one where the Jay-z and Linkin Park song is playing and right when Jay-z says, "Look what you made me do," Troy runs right between and couple defenders and two of them collide and he runs on for the long TD.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Aftering seeing Daunte's beyond the glory and read Troy's life story in the Star Tribune website, I am really escited about this season.

carolinafan is offline Rookie

"SKOL" wrote:
    Thanks for the link carolinafan. It'll be fun to watch how the pro DB's play him. I'd bet he doesn't get much respect at first, they'll play it tight. The first few passes to him will likely be bombs. The test will be whether he can catch the bombs.

Did the college DB's regularly give him a 10 yard cussion?
    College DB's gave him lots of cushion, and he still blew by them. The sad part is, if we had a QB who could throw the slant, TW would have lead the nation in yardage. They played so far back on him, and double teamed him b/c they knew we couldn't get the ball to anyone else. To me, that's why his yards per catch avg. is so impressive. You can't imagine what type of offense he played in, and never griped a bit. The other thing is that he blocked his a$$ off on every play as well. That's why I'm such a fan of his.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not sure if this comparison is warranted or not, but in my mind Williamson reminds me of Hines Ward from Pittsburgh. He's probably faster and more of a deep threat, but Williamson just seems like a very tough guy who will do anything you ask him and block his azz off....IMO.

Anyways, that definately is exciting to watch. My favorite play is at about 1:35....the DB for USF has the angle on his and everything and Troy just blows past him. Awesome!

carolinafan is offline Rookie

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm not sure if this comparison is warranted or not, but in my mind Williamson reminds me of Hines Ward from Pittsburgh. He's probably faster and more of a deep threat, but Williamson just seems like a very tough guy who will do anything you ask him and block his azz off....IMO.

Anyways, that definately is exciting to watch. My favorite play is at about 1:35....the DB for USF has the angle on his and everything and Troy just blows past him. Awesome!
    Nice call on the USF play...........I forgot about that one. The DB did have a great angle, and TW's speed on that one was sick.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ltrey33" wrote:

If Troy played tough like Ward, that would be great! Ward is one tough SOB!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Ward is the most polished WR in the League.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast