VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

New Taigating Headquarters

I just got a letter from the Vikings about tailgating this year. The new place is Rapid Park it is behind the Target Center. Thats a aways from the Dome is'nt it? They will have express shuttle buses to the Dome. And you can catch the Light Rail two blocks away. Well what do you all think about this? And it is $15.00 .
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

Just further proof that a new stadium is needed. Is this in addition to the area adjacent to the dome or has that been shut down?

The way I read it the lots on Washington Av. have been recently eliminated. So it sounds like they are gone.

desertviking is offline Training Camp

Thats good information but my question is.... Myself and two of my buddies are flying from Scottsdale AZ for the Bears game Sept 26th :cheers:

where is the Target Center in comparison to the Holiday Inn Express Metrodome?????
    Are You Going To Bark All Day Little Doggie????
    Or Are You Going To Bite???

"desertviking" wrote:
    Thats good information but my question is.... Myself and two of my buddies are flying from Scottsdale AZ for the Bears game Sept 26th :cheers:

where is the Target Center in comparison to the Holiday Inn Express Metrodome?????
    You should check out mapquest.com you can look at a map of Downtown Minneapolis. Thats what I used till I got to know that area. Thats the first game I'll be at this year.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Usually mapquest is good and i use it a lot on the mainland when i go, but dont be fooled that it can be off sometimes as we have had trouble finding where to go using mapquest in L.A and Vegas. Just thought id let ya know.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

As far as the $15 price, I think that is actually $10 less than the Washington Ave. lots were charging.

It looks to be about a mile away, something on the order of 12-14 city blocks.

I won't swear to this, but I think the Holiday Inn Express Metrodome is the other direction...so you would actually pass the Metrodome on the way to Rapid Park.

While most of us who have tailgated in the Washington Ave. lots are lamenting their demise, I applaud the Vikings efforts to land a spot that will hold thousands of Vikings fans, and help arrange transportation to/from this remote lot. There will still be parking places closer to the dome, but you will not be able to legally tailgate there (in terms of open alcoholic beverages, grills, etc.), not to mention that these other lots tend to be small and many will only accomodate a hundred cars or so. I'd much rather be in a sea of Vikings lunatics (with porta-potties, live entertainment, etc.) and have further to go, than be in a dull, boring lot that happens to be closer.

The new lot is also close to the Warehouse District with lots of great bars and restaurants. There were a few bars close to the dome, but nothing like you'll find deeper in downtown.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

desertviking is offline Training Camp

thank you purplpat. That helps alot. I am so amped up for this trip!!!!!
    It won't be the first time that I have been to Minnesota or the Dome but It will be my first Viking Game in the Dome :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nothing like Flying half way across the country with you boyz to see you team play at home!! :thumbright: :thumbright:
    Are You Going To Bark All Day Little Doggie????
    Or Are You Going To Bite???