Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The New T-Jack

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re: The New T-Jack

"V4L" wrote:
    But really he does look good.. He showed he could do this in preseason.. But he was banged up in the beginning of the year and rusty

I was not surprised to see him do this
    Same here. I can't say I'm really surprised. This is why I've supported Jackson being our starter (although the benching probably helped mentally). This was the Jackson I knew was there all along, my only question was when was the playcalling gonna open up...and it has. I think he fits exactly what our offense is supposed to be.

Go T-Jack!
    ;D
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    OK everyone, lets take an honest look at the T-Jack.

I know we lost today, and some will say he has missed on some passes, but he is not turning the ball over, he looks patient in the pocket, he moves away from pressure, and he runs when he should.

But to me the most important aspect is when he needs to throw the ball away, he does.
    No forcing of anything.

It appears to me the coaches are calling plays to his strength, and more importantly plays that he can succeed in to build his confidence.

Right now I am a fan of the new T-Jack, but I want to keep seeing improvement.

Mods...if this should have gone somewhere else, I apologize....please feel free to move
    This works great when your RB doesn't fumble the ball 3 times.
    Frick I am pissed at AD.

TJ did well, but he waives that ball around too willy-nilly.
    But like you said, at least he isn't throwing INTs.

It doesn't seem all that "new" to me though.
    We say that he was efficient at times before.
    I did think that he had some nice accurate throws today.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

I'd take T-Jack > Eli Manning.

Jilly is offline Coach

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    He needs to slide!
    +1

I enjoyed watching TJ today. I thought he looked good and marched us down the field several times...despite the turnovers, this should have been a totally different game.

I feel confident about him leading us into the playoffs (yes, we'll get there). My only problem besides not sliding, was when he scrambled and ran for extra yardage, he would swing the ball and not keep it secure.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Yes....sliding would be good, but I felt comfortable with his decisions to not slide today.
    He did not take that many big head on hits where I would say slide.

I hope this is the T-Jack that Childress says is there.

KevinK is offline Starter

Although I have liked watching TJack suceed these last few games, Id rather not want him as our QB of the future. Im hoping for a FA like Cassel or a trade for McNabb. TJACK still could use one year in a backup role. But Im not that mad about the lose of the game. I really do feel that Atlanta's a better team. I would be alot more upset if we lost to a worse team!

ragz is offline GM

"KevinK" wrote:
    Although I have liked watching TJack suceed these last few games, Id rather not want him as our QB of the future. Im hoping for a FA like Cassel or a trade for McNabb. TJACK still could use one year in a backup role. But Im not that mad about the lose of the game. I really do feel that Atlanta's a better team. I would be alot more upset if we lost to a worse team!
    how are they better, just cuz they didnt fumble 4 times?
    we screwed ourselves, we beat them at teh point of attack all day long after their initial scoring drive.
    and before we start trading away picks to bring in other qbs, why dont we wait and see if we get in the palyoffs and how jackson performs there too.
    since being back he has answered every bell that has been rung.
    people should be excited about his play as opposed to replacing him still.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

goldseedlbg is offline Training Camp

This loss is all on Adrian ALL FUMBLE Peterson. Adrian has been fumbling way too much lately. I do not know how to feel about this team. I do not want that idiot,moron,dumbass,jackass,ignorant coach back next year. I am tried of watching this team get outcoached every week. He has 6 pro bowl players and he can not win more than 9 games. His play calls are predictable, even I know want he is going to call. I want them to make the playoffs, but if it means another year of Childress I do not know. For all you T-Jack haters please. He is not to blame for this loss. The last throw hit rice on the shoulder, he should HAVE CAUGHT THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why that idiot coach let Cook guard Abraham one-on-one is unexcusable fire that bitch tomorrow. If Adrian is not benched for fumbling the ball 4 times Childress is a two faced piece of SHIT. He benched Berrian for fumbling once today. Fuck Childress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"ragz" wrote:
    "KevinK" wrote:
    how are they better, just cuz they didnt fumble 4 times?
    we screwed ourselves, we beat them at teh point of attack all day long after their initial scoring drive.
    and before we start trading away picks to bring in other qbs, why dont we wait and see if we get in the palyoffs and how jackson performs there too.
    since being back he has answered every bell that has been rung.
    people should be excited about his play as opposed to replacing him still.
    from nfl.com

Key stat
    The Vikings had numerous miscues on offense and special teams, losing four of seven fumbles. The Falcons capitalized by scoring 10 points off takeaways.

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I am excited that he is playing the way he is. I am still not coninced that he is the QB of the futue. I hope to all holy Heck that I am wrong please let me be wrong. At the same time why wouldnt any one want to get a proven QB in here and if TJ gets better by watching or backing up a Proven QB it only does him good. We already have seen what happens when you throw him into the fire. Was it fair to him prbably not would he have played like this after watching a little earlier we dont know. Again he is playing much better, I will even say he is playing close tp great right now. A proven QB still would make things a whole lot better for the entire Team Including TJack.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast