Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The New T-Jack

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The New T-Jack

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    We are NOT underdogs. We won more games ( 1 ) and we have home field adventage! How can you possible be an underdog than?
    win-loss records don't tell the whole story. Keep in mind we had the pleasure of playing Detroit twice, and only sneaked out a win both times.
    You have to look at how a team has played recently, how consistant the team is, and look back at some of their games.
    Philladelphia has really opened up on some teams, Minnesota hasn't, if you watch this weeks game against phi/dal, philadelphia destroyed dallas, we haven't done that to anybody.
    Philadelphia has a veteran qb, who hasn't shown a history of being uneasy in pressure games, we don't, philadelphia has 2 good recievers, we have 1, we both have a great runningback, but theirs is more of a weapon in the passing game, whereas AD is more of a pure runner, they shut down the run, they shut down AD, whereas thats not true for us.

Its not unreasonable for people to think they're a better team than us, and Philadelphia was one of the teams i did not want to play in the playoffs.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    His first playoff game, home field under dogs, there is going to be an IMMENSE amount of pressure on him, and he needs to show us that he can step up and lead under pressure.

He does have his flaws, but one thing can be said for the kid.......

He has dealt with almost everything thrown his way by this gol 'darnit staff, the local press, the national press and even the fans and still seems to be undaunted by it all.

Even though I would like to see him sit at least one more year on the bench (seems that has benifited him the most) I don't worry about his ability to deal with pressure (mentally).

Give him just a bit of protection, a healthy BB and El Syd, B-wade finding the seams, Shanc in a route or two (if he isn't blocking the hole game) and a nice effort by AD/CT (no fumbles) and I believe he will come through for us.....
    I do have to admit, he faced a lot of obstacles this year and has handled them fairly well.
    I am so close to becoming a believer again...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

It's the same old Chicken and the egg problem. Is it the Oline making the QB look bad or the QB making the OLine look bad. I told you guys Hutch has a problem pass blocking. I wouldn't blame the entire Oline either, My pal Mac was excellent as he has been all season.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    His first playoff game, home field under dogs, there is going to be an IMMENSE amount of pressure on him, and he needs to show us that he can step up and lead under pressure.

He has dealt with almost everything thrown his way by this gol 'darnit staff, the local press, the national press and even the fans and still seems to be undaunted by it all.

Even though I would like to see him sit at least one more year on the bench (seems that has benifited him the most) I don't worry about his ability to deal with pressure (mentally).

Give him just a bit of protection, a healthy BB and El Syd, B-wade finding the seams, Shanc in a route or two (if he isn't blocking the hole game) and a nice effort by AD/CT (no fumbles) and I believe he will come through for us.....
    I do have to admit, he faced a lot of obstacles this year and has handled them fairly well.
    Some yutz on here has been crafting a apology letter to the Chiller for a couple of weeks.
    Maybe someone living in ND should do one for TJ if he plays well this weekend...... ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I beleive TJ plays lights out when he has no pressure on him. You could see yesterday that he knew it was a big game and was nervous. Unfortunately for us, they are all big games from here on out
    :'(

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    It's the same old Chicken and the egg problem. Is it the Oline making the QB look bad or the QB making the OLine look bad. I told you guys Hutch has a problem pass blocking. I wouldn't blame the entire Oline either, My pal Mac was excellent as he has been all season.
    That is the case.
    TJack still has the Jeckyl and Hyde thing going and has a long way to go before being proficient at making reads.
    He has come a long way, but, he still makes me nervous as hell everytime he drops back to pass.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    win-loss records don't tell the whole story. Keep in mind we had the pleasure of playing Detroit twice, and only sneaked out a win both times.
    You have to look at how a team has played recently, how consistant the team is, and look back at some of their games.

Philladelphia has really opened up on some teams, Minnesota hasn't, if you watch this weeks game against phi/dal, philadelphia destroyed dallas, we haven't done that to anybody.
    Philadelphia has a veteran qb, who hasn't shown a history of being uneasy in pressure games, we don't, philadelphia has 2 good recievers, we have 1, we both have a great runningback, but theirs is more of a weapon in the passing game, whereas AD is more of a pure runner, they shut down the run, they shut down AD, whereas thats not true for us.

Its not unreasonable for people to think they're a better team than us, and Philadelphia was one of the teams i did not want to play in the playoffs.
    Some things that I don't agree with in that post:

Philladelphia has really opened up on some teams, Minnesota hasn't,
    Arizona?
    We destroyed a division leader.
    Philly destroyed a team that was falling apart

Philadelphia has a veteran qb, who hasn't shown a history of being uneasy in pressure games, we don't
    McNabb played like shit before getting benched.
    After returning to the starting spot, he has played decent.
    TJack played like shit before getting benched.
    After returning to the starting spot, he has played decent.

we both have a great runningback, but theirs is more of a weapon in the passing game, whereas AD is more of a pure runner,
    We also have Chester Taylor, who is great in passing situations.
    CT + AD > Westbrook

You also need to factor in that our D is better, and we have won 9 out of the past 12 games.
    Philly is coming off form a HUGE win, which sometimes has a negative effect the following week.

It isn't unreasonable for people to think that they are a better team.
    Nor is it unreasonable for people to think that we are a better team.
    IMHO, this is a pretty even matchup, which is why I think it will be a tough game.
    But in the end I still honestly think we will win.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Some yutz on here has been crafting a apology letter to the Chiller for a couple of weeks.
    Maybe someone living in ND should do one for TJ if he plays well this weekend...... ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    I changed my sig.
    That is as far as I can go until we win a playoff game.
    Get us some January wins, and I will be more than happy to sign my name to a letter... ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

SIUviking is offline Starter

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I beleive TJ plays lights out when he has no pressure on him. You could see yesterday that he knew it was a big game and was nervous. Unfortunately for us, they are all big games from here on out
    I know that it was 2nd stringers but TJ did what a bunch of people have been clamoring for. A comeback win. He made the throws he needed to in order to put us in position to win. Maybe that will help him out for these bigger games.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Wow, TJack has had pressure since he got back into the lineup starting with the Detriot game that we were loosing. Ever since then everygame has been very important, he's had some mistakes but he's also made alot of big plays, on his feet and with his arm.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast