Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

new stadium or update the dome

I watched an interview with Jim Marshall one time and he was talking about how the Purple People Eaters used to wear short sleeves under their uniforms in the cold winter weather to intimidate their opponents. Now Kevin Williams being from Arkansas and Udeze from LA might have some trouble getting used to that but it would still be pretty cool!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Sid Hartman's article of June 4, 1999 sums it up in a few words, "Former Vikings official Mike Lynn also has a claim in connection with the income he will receive from the Metrodome's executive suites -- about 10 percent -- until the Vikings' lease with the Dome expires in 2011."

It's no wonder Red wants out of the dome. :blackeye: It's too bad that an individual can benefit financially so long after his ties are cut with an organization. As the Common Man, of KFAN fame would put it, "it's a good gig if you can get it".

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Wow, I never knew about that!! I hope when I cut ties with my job someday there will be a nice little arrangement like that! But, I highly doubt it!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hey TnT, I am not sure if you have noticed but our vikings, whether we like to admit it are currently a fair-weather team. I don't know if an outdoor stadium would work to our benifit given our deplorable record on grass and outdoors in the past few seasons.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I think we need a new stadium. I don't see us updating the dome. But, we are an indoor team.......

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

I agree totally i think the vikes should be indoor... Altough it would be kinda cool. Maybe a new stadium with a sliding dome hood to get an outdoor game every once and a while.. :santa:

I've never attended an outdoor game. Personally I'd like to see any game outside, as long as it's above zero degrees fahrenheit. The LA Rams used to come to the old met, for December playoff games, they lost heart in the game as soon as they hit the field. They'd stand, huddled, by their heaters on the bench, while the Vikes were running around in short sleeves. That was a home field advantage.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

new stadium

As far as I'm concerned, I would love to see BOTH the Twins and the Vikes get outdoor/retractible roof stadiums. I don't think one for the both of them would work. The Twins MUST play outside!!!!!! And the Purple should too - most of you probably are too young to remember the huge advantage the Vikes had playing outside in December and January...

Go TWINS!!!!!!!
    SKOL VIKES!!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ricky38 is offline Waterboy

If the Vikings got a new outdoor stadium your road record would be a lot better. I think teams are getting away from domes per se and going to retractable roofs. I really think cold weather teams should play outdoors because its gives them such a huge advantage over a lot of teams and if you have to go to a cold weather away game you aren't at a disadvantage.

Would a retractable roof work in Minnesota in December and January? It would be a shame to see it only retract when it's above 40 degrees. But in order to retract it at 10 degrees they'd probably have to have a way to melt the snow and ice first, then have a way to re-melt it again before closing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12