Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wyviking is offline Rookie

new stadium or update the dome

i think we should keep the dome just get it updated kinda like what the pack did a few years back to there stadium
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would have to agree with that, but I don't know what they could really do to update it. It's not like they can add seating and since the Twins use it also, they can't work on it during the summer like the packers did!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I think a new stadium is in order due to the above given reasons and the fact that the dome is getting old. The Twins probably would like to see a new stadium top to make it easier on the outfielders picking up the ball.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

wyviking is offline Rookie

yea true you can lose a base ball pretty easy in the dome with the white dome cover and those lites. o yea and if the ball never comes down like one time lol
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

that and the sport of baseball needs to be played outside! I think they need their own stadiums. I wouldn't mind seeing the vikes play outdoors either though!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

There's no way to "rework" it to satisfy Red's lust for money. You can't add seats, though you might be able to take seats away to add more luxury boxes. You can't do much about the concession situation. They have tried to figure out how to make more money from playing in the Dome, but they haven't come up with anything viable. It's unfortunate, but sooner or later the Vikings will have to get a new stadium to produce more revenue (the Vikings are near the very bottom as far as revenue in the NFL).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

It would probably help if the Vikings didn't have to pay 10% of suite revenue to former GM Mike Lynn (that's gross receipts, before expenses). LOL - How long has it been since he's been here, 20 years? What a 'suite' deal for him. I still want to know how he suckered others into that deal.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

What is that all about SKOL, I have no idea what that is. Could you elaborate on that whole Mike Lynn thing?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NEvikingsfan90 is offline Waterboy

why does it matter if the Vikes play outside or not

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Playing outside would give us a huge advantage against warm weather teams. Besides that... I just think that sports deserve to be played outside, well sports like football and baseball anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast