purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

New Stadium Talk - Personal Seat Licenses

We can hope that this will not happen, but let's face it, it probably will. I'm pretty sure every new stadium that has been built in the last 10 years has charged season ticket holders for a "Personal Seat License", or PSL, which is a one time charge assessed by the team giving the holder the right to purchase a season ticket. You have to buy a PSL for each season ticket you hold. The cost for the PSL is generally in proportion to the cost of the season ticket...people with the cheap seats pay a moderate price, the people with the lower level seats at midfield pay out the wazoo. Usually, you can sell your PSL (and therefore, your season ticket location) to other people on the open market if you decide you no longer want your season tickets. If you fail to renew your season tickets, however, the PSL is returned to the team with no compensation to you, and they are free to resell it as they see fit.

So with PSLs a virtual certainty, how much would you be willing to pay for a PSL? Keep in mind that this is a one time charge, and is usually billed all at once (in other words, they don't give you 5 years to pay it off). I'm especially curious what you fellow season ticket holders think.

Myself, I'm about 3 to 5 rows from the very top of the stadium, and only get to 1 or 2 games a year. If they asked for more than $500 per seat, I'd have to tell them to shove it. Frankly, I think $500 is too much, but you can't overestimate Red's (or any other team's) greed. Keep in mind that when they say the Vikings will have to pay for $185 million in costs for the new stadium, a nice chunk of that will come from the Vikings charging for PSLs. You didn't think Red was going to pay for it out of his multimillionaire pockets, did you, or finance it based on how a new stadium would increase the value of his "investment"?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Just keep the THUNDERDOME and make some repairs to it!! If we get a new stadium, lets name it the THUNDERDOME!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

howln4u is offline Rookie

I would hate to see the cost too much, I would prefer a moderate price and a jump in ticket price so the cost can be spread out. I have 8 tickets, 2 limited view(or so they say and 6 two rows from the top in the endzone. They already cost me a couple grand that is hard to come up with right after the holidays.

I usually sell a couple games I cant make it to to help cover the costs. I am sure a lot will bail as they did in GB. I would love to see a better stadium, more parking, concourse, food stands but not at such a cost that you have to make 6 digit salaries to attend the games.

Sell the naming rights to the stadium, have McCombs sell the team to someone willing to spend some money, and create the nose bleed luxury boxes at the top like in Lambeau (did you notice if you are in a luxury box for $500 per seat you are further away then the worst seats in the house for $45