Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New Stadium Sooner than we thought?

Retractable roof is the only way to go in my book. It would give us a huge homefield advantage during the winter months, and especially the playoffs in January.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Bubba Jed is offline Starter

It doesn't look like a domed stadium.
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Open air is the only way to go. No point wasting money on a retractable and I hope they have learned their leason from the Metrodome.

Look at the Pat's when it's snowing there during a game.
    This last year, i forget which game, it snowed a ton and when the Pat's scored a TD the fans through snow in the air. IT LOOKED AWESOME and i wished i was their to celebrate with them, even though i loath the Pat's.

Foranzan is offline Rookie

I love the dome personally. I've only been to two games so my opinion doesn't count? Meh, I dunno.

I still like the dome idea. Loudest stadium in the league = Advantage us (most of the time)

aceclown is offline Coach

The stadium pictured is not a dome. It is just a closed roof stadium like Ford Field in Detroit.

Chuch.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i like the retractable roof.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Open air is the only way to go. No point wasting money on a retractable and I hope they have learned their leason from the Metrodome.

Look at the Pat's when it's snowing there during a game.
    This last year, i forget which game, it snowed a ton and when the Pat's scored a TD the fans through snow in the air. IT LOOKED AWESOME and i wished i was their to celebrate with them, even though i loath the Pat's.
    Agreed.

But, they'll find something else to waste their money on. :lol:

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Truecoat" wrote:
    Yeah, it's interesting that one of the silent partners is suddenly out in front. I think if Fowler can't make up the cash, one of these guys can and will. Then it's development city for the county that is Anoka. As far as a stadium, I think you either play in the elements or not at all. No reason for a retractable roof if you are going to close it for any reason. As Sid has said in the past, even when the Vikings were great in the seventies, they didn't sell out playoff games when it was really cold. That was the reason for the dome in the first place.
    We need a retractable roof in order to host a Super Bowl :!: Other than that, play outside. Unless it's like -10 degrees or colder. Brrr.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

I wouldnt mind an open-air stadium..the vikes had a HUGE advantage when playing @ the MET

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I'm gonna play a little devil's advocate.

First of all, I love the rivalry, and nothing would irritate me more than to have the team I hate moved to LA. It's already impairing my hatred when I can't direct it towards Hovan and Moss anymore. Thanks for the up ante on Kampman, because now I can be fuming at the Vikes again.

But, seriously, this concerns me. We know Fowler is already questionable with money. He doesn't own the team yet. He's trying to build stadiums with checks that can't be cashed.

To me, its a smokescreen, and one that is going to get people all worked up and anxious, etc., and suddenly, Fowler is back in the "Good PR" list.

I don't buy it much. There will have to be some major public financing set in stone before you can count on it, and until then, the Vikings will continue to be on the short list of teams that could be moved.

The best bet for the Vikings staying is having a stadium deal that marries the team to Minnesota for 20-30 years, like the Brewers have with Miller Park.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123