Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: New Stadium Sooner than we thought?

Real football is played in the elements.
    Hell yes. Since I live in GTMO I almost die out here playing football everyday, but I love football. Under Armour works well though.

Anyways, we need a open stadium, teams from Florida would have a hard time coming here. I would love to see the purple and gold seeing their own breath, looking the other team in the eyes. It's intimidating.

As long as we are notplaying in the metrodump i could care less. I like tailgateing in the cold and having the chance to warm up inside. BTW the elements will give us an advantage maybe once or twice a year.
    You republican whore!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Keep it dome, isn't it cold there in Minny?
    No way! Yes it is cold! But, those of us who are from Minny have a set of nuts and thick skin! Not much can bother us!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Space Coyote" wrote:
    If the stadium had a retractable roof, would they actually open the thing in December?
    What would be the point of having a retractable then? Are you going to keep it closed when its sunny and nice out?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

aceclown is offline Coach

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Space Coyote" wrote:
    If the stadium had a retractable roof, would they actually open the thing in December?
    What would be the point of having a retractable then? Are you going to keep it closed when its sunny and nice out?
    It would be nice to have it closed for snow and rain. But keep it open if it is just cold out.

Chuch.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"aceclown" wrote:
    That sucks, I thought the proposal was for a retractable roof stadium. I am so sick of being the laughing stock of the NFL when it comes to stadiums, and another closed roof stadium will add no excitment for winter games.
    With an open stadium, Green Bay and Chicago would no longer have the advantage in freezing conditions. In addition, teams like Tampa would have a hell of a time coming to play in Minnesota. Real football is played in the elements.
    I like this post. Smart man. This is the best way to succeed in the NFC North.

And let's be honest, December is not even that cold to a Minnesotan. I love to see warm weather teams come up and freeze their azzes off, and all they can think of while losing is, "how long is this 4th quarter, is the clock working?"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Space Coyote" wrote:

PBDragon is offline Training Camp

Retractable roof would be cool, I agree with Aceclown, only close it for snow (aka blizzard) or rain. No sense being cold AND wet!

And as for Fowler's group buying the land, maybe he thinks he can make more money buying the stadium then the team? But, hey if they can swing it great!

Truecoat is offline Waterboy

Yeah, it's interesting that one of the silent partners is suddenly out in front. I think if Fowler can't make up the cash, one of these guys can and will. Then it's development city for the county that is Anoka. As far as a stadium, I think you either play in the elements or not at all. No reason for a retractable roof if you are going to close it for any reason. As Sid has said in the past, even when the Vikings were great in the seventies, they didn't sell out playoff games when it was really cold. That was the reason for the dome in the first place.
    Truecoat

"Be like your ancestors or be different, it doesn t matter."

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Keep it dome, isn't it cold there in Minny?
    No way! Yes it is cold! But, those of us who are from Minny have a set of nuts and thick skin! Not much can bother us!
    ummmm.. i don't like mosquitos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast