Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    http://www.startribune.com/local/west/29823674.html?elr=KArksUUUU

    Hometown builder gets the nod on Vikings stadium

    Mortenson Construction of Minneapolis was selected by the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission on Friday to build a proposed new retractable-roof stadium for the Minnesota Vikings -- if a stadium is ever built.

    Mortenson and HKS Architects of Dallas were chosen to develop a design, a construction schedule and cost details that the commission can use to seek funding and legislative approval for the project, which would be built on the Metrodome site. The commission will pay about $2.5 million for this initial work.

    ...
    This is the same company that is building the new Twins Stadium (Target Field).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/local/west/29823674.html?elr=KArksUUUU

    Hometown builder gets the nod on Vikings stadium

    Mortenson Construction of Minneapolis was selected by the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission on Friday to build a proposed new retractable-roof stadium for the Minnesota Vikings -- if a stadium is ever built.

    Mortenson and HKS Architects of Dallas were chosen to develop a design, a construction schedule and cost details that the commission can use to seek funding and legislative approval for the project, which would be built on the Metrodome site. The commission will pay about $2.5 million for this initial work.

    ...
    This is the same company that is building the new Twins Stadium (Target Field).
    Does this mean the Ellerbe-Beckett proposal is being scrapped?
    If so that's too bad, I thought it was a great plan.


    Chuch.

  3. #3
    hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    325

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    It wasn't technically a proposal, it was just to show what could be done if you build off of the domes foundation. HKS has been hired to come up with the new proposal, they recently designed the Colts and Cowboys new stadiums.

    I hope the new stadium (if it ever gets built) keeps the loudness of the dome.

  4. #4
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    Idk whats really wrong with the dome

    I just dont like the long lines and the bathrooms

    Otherwise I think its still decent

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    "V4L" wrote:
    Idk whats really wrong with the dome

    I just dont like the long lines and the bathrooms

    Otherwise I think its still decent
    The biggest problem with the dome is the lack of non-revenue sharing seats, like luxury seats and suites.
    The Vikings are the very last in total revenue because they are missing this key component.
    They need the $$$ to continue to field competitive teams.

    From a fan perspective, the dome is alright.
    Not great by any means, but alright.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Idk whats really wrong with the dome

    I just dont like the long lines and the bathrooms

    Otherwise I think its still decent
    The biggest problem with the dome is the lack of non-revenue sharing seats, like luxury seats and suites.
    The Vikings are the very last in total revenue because they are missing this key component.
    They need the $$$ to continue to field competitive teams.

    From a fan perspective, the dome is alright.
    Not great by any means, but alright.

    Yah I hear ya

    There isn't much for luxary seats


  7. #7
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    "hav0x" wrote:
    It wasn't technically a proposal, it was just to show what could be done if you build off of the domes foundation. HKS has been hired to come up with the new proposal, they recently designed the Colts and Cowboys new stadiums.

    I hope the new stadium (if it ever gets built) keeps the loudness of the dome.
    Absolutely.
    After watching the colts in their new stadium, there is significantly less fan noise generated than the RCA dome, which in turn has negated a great deal of their previous home field advantage.


    Chuch.

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Idk whats really wrong with the dome

    I just dont like the long lines and the bathrooms

    Otherwise I think its still decent
    The biggest problem with the dome is the lack of non-revenue sharing seats, like luxury seats and suites.
    The Vikings are the very last in total revenue because they are missing this key component.
    They need the $$$ to continue to field competitive teams.

    From a fan perspective, the dome is alright.
    Not great by any means, but alright.
    I think the crappy lease is tied with the revenue seats as far as problem for the Vikings.

    The bathrooms are ludicrous - a situation that could be greatly improved if they'd just put up some freaking TVs in there.

    But it's a great venue to watch a football game.
    And a great homefield advantage.

    Build a new one that looks like Lucas Oil or Ford Field but sounds like Seattle when the fans get cranked up.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    My state Representative stopped by on Tuesday. With a newly revised 2.3 B deficit estimate (Up from 935 m in feb 2008) to resolve I wouldn't have any expectations of anything happening any time soon.

    I am sure a few of you will jump on me for being negative, I am just being pragmatic. As much as I would like to see a new stadium I find it hard to see where state money should come from.

  10. #10
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: The new stadium is one step closer... :)

    I love watching a game in the Dome because of the noise generated and there really aren't that many terrible seats.
    When the new stadium gets built, yes GETS built, I hope they are able to keep the noise level up.
    Another thing though for this new stadium is once it gets built, they will finally be able to get a chance at the SuperBowl coming to the Cities.
    This will generate a huge amount of money also!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bring in the " Closer QB "
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 06:19 AM
  2. Invisibility cloak 'step closer'
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
  3. Stadium deal coming closer, RETRACTABLE ROOF???
    By akvikefan89 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 01:45 PM
  4. It's getting closer!
    By PurpleRide in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 07:23 AM
  5. One step closer!!!
    By smootpepper in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 04:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •