Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

New Stadium Ideas

Spam has there factory in SW Minnesota

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

New Stadium Ideas

"howln4u" wrote:
    I wish they would work with the Twin and Golphers and split the cost, the state wouldnt have any issue with spending money if all kicked in. Even if the stadium cost more, each could put up part of the cost and the parking would be less, etc.
    I think that they looked at that, but they couldn't find a stadium design or site that fit the needs of all three organizations. I think that the sight-lines were the issue between the Vikes and Twins. Both want new stadiums that offer a good viewing experiance for their fans, and the field shape for football and baseball are so different, that both could not be accomidated. As for the Gophers, they want a stadium on or near campus, but none of the available sites have the necessary parking for an NFL stadium.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

New Stadium Ideas

You absolutely know it will have a corporate name! It's because the team will be paid by the corporate sponsor for the naming rights. With the current proposal, the Vikings will have to come up with $185 million for their share of the stadium costs. Corporate naming rights will help defray that cost.

#1 thing it needs to have is plenty of space for those darned luxury suites. We need the fat cats to help pay for a large portion of the stadium and satisfy Red's lust for income.

I'd guess a seating capacity in the neighborhood of 70,000-75,000. You don't want to make it too big where they wouldn't sell out and thus make home games not able to be televised.

I'd love to see an open air stadium similar to what the Cowboys have in Texas Stadium...the seats are covered but the field is exposed to the elements. I'm sure it would be costly, but it would be neat if they could somehow heat the seating area...not necessarily warm, but if it is 0 outside and you can heat the seating area to 45, it is relatively tolerable for fans while still letting the elements be part of the game.

I'm sure, however, that it will wind up being another dome. Hopefully retractable, but the fact that it will be a dome probably means the elements will not be allowed to be a factor. Comfort for the fans who have paid a high price to watch the games, but no home-field advantage in the Viking tradition.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

New Stadium Ideas

If we get a new stadium (dome) we could name it the Best Buy THUNDERDOME!!! Just a thought.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

New Stadium Ideas

I like the "Thunderdome" name. It's like a nickname for the Metrodome now when it gets loud during Vikings games and during Twins playoff games.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

New Stadium Ideas

Frankly, and I hate to admire something by the Bucs, but a mighty Viking ship would be pretty impressive.

Can you lose the "Ricola" horn, though?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

New Stadium Ideas

definatley a long boat

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

New Stadium Ideas

Best Buy Thunderdome has my vote... thats a good one... and no we can't lose the horn!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

New Stadium Ideas

Wasn't "Thunderdome" a bad pseudo-sports movie staring LL Cool J a couple years back? Wait, that was "Thunder Ball", wasn't it.

Los, to answer your question, no, we can't lose the horn. I think that horn is the one thing about the Vikings that annoys Packer fans the most, so we have to keep it.

QueenRandy is offline Waterboy

New Stadium Ideas

"Cissney the Viking" wrote:
    I think we should have Viking ships and have Viking swords somewhere.

Horrible idea. There's no need to change a football stadium into Disneyland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast