Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New stadium

Re: New stadium

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "virginiaisforvikinglovers" wrote:
    I have been trying to follow the stadium situation since Jerry Jones made news with his comments. There is very little to learn via the internet. An intresting Goggle image search does show some really nice conceptual designs, only problem is that too many of them are in LA.
    Living in Virginia I feel like I really don't have a dog in this fight, I don't vote or pay taxes in Mn.
    2011 is coming fast, when the lease for The met is up something will have to be done, I like the Wilf's however sooner or later I think they will either get a new stadium or move, and Later is looking closer than sooner.
    Ever really thought about what that means, a dog in this fight?
    No Is this a Virginia thing?
    Yes We have so many saying that we use and don't really think about where they come from, common place.True
    Isn't Vick from Virginia also?Yes and he doesn't have a dog in this fight either(that we know of)

Sorry to get of topic.

They will get something done.
    We just need to distance ourselves in time from the Gopher's and Twins stadiums.
    You are right it is difficult to find out much about the possibilities, I think part of that is because people are tired of getting their hopes up..
    There was that idea in Blain MN that had a nice mock up of the building, but that was shot down.
    It came down to taxes I think.
    That is what a lot of this is coming down to, is the people of MN don't want to pay more in taxes or take away from tax money that goes to support regular MN citizens.
    I don't live in MN but I have family that lives there.
    I hear ya, am tired off my tax dollars being pissed away myself.
    I have allot of family in MN also, don't know how they do it? Too dang cold!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The states budget is a mess right now. Do a google search for Minnesota Unallotment and also for LGA.

If you can solve that mess for them first then I am sure they would be glad to look into the stadium. Until then they are going to have to work with what we built them.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"green" wrote:
    How are the vikings going to ever get a new stadium. There are not enough vikings fans to fill one, unless they build a stadium with about 40,000 seats. And what about ticket prices? Even though you are in the upper deck, I think $25 for row 23 in the upper deck is a steal for the metrodome. You actually get seats and its climate controlled.
    At lambone, the cheapest ticket is $59 and you sit on a hard bleacher. If it rains, sleets, snows, too bad. Not exactly the best bargain in the world but packer fans pay 2-4 times face value just to sit in these hard seats.
    What can a team do to fill a stadium? Minneapolis is a pretty big city and cant sell out the dome now, how can a little city like green bay do it?

Love to hear some thoughts.
    have you ever been to a game at lambeau... every seat there is amazing

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The states budget is a mess right now. Do a google search for Minnesota Unallotment and also for LGA.

If you can solve that mess for them first then I am sure they would be glad to look into the stadium. Until then they are going to have to work with what we built them.
    .....or move on.

All joking aside, I would hate to see them leave.
    Lets hope saner heads prevail and something gets worked out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

.....or move on.

I don't think the legislature is being irrational. The budget is in bad shape and the state is not going to pass a 1 billion stadium bill. OTOH I haven't seen the vikings with any counter proposals that scale the project back to make it more affordable either.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

.....or move on.

I don't think the legislature is being irrational. The budget is in bad shape and the state is not going to pass a 1 billion stadium bill. OTOH I haven't seen the vikings with any counter proposals that scale the project back to make it more affordable either.
    What are the luxuries that could be scaled back?
    Is Zygi insisting on getting a bigger jumbotron then Jerry Jones?

I would hate the Vikes to build a new stadium that doesn't meet current NFL standards in amenities.

How would you feel building the worst house on the block, knowing you would have to stay there for 20+ years.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Blog Entries

"gagarr" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

.....or move on.

What are the luxuries that could be scaled back?
    Is Zygi insisting on getting a bigger jumbotron then Jerry Jones?

I would hate the Vikes to build a new stadium that doesn't meet current NFL standards in amenities.

How would you feel building the worst house on the block, knowing you would have to stay there for 20+ years.
    Well, If I could pay for it myself I would build whatever the hell I wanted. If I needed the state to subsidize it, then I would take what I could get.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234