Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New stadium

Re: New stadium

I have been trying to follow the stadium situation since Jerry Jones made news with his comments. There is very little to learn via the internet. An intresting Goggle image search does show some really nice conceptual designs, only problem is that too many of them are in LA.
    Living in Virginia I feel like I really don't have a dog in this fight, I don't vote or pay taxes in Mn.
    2011 is coming fast, when the lease for The met is up something will have to be done, I like the Wilf's however sooner or later I think they will either get a new stadium or move, and Later is looking closer than sooner.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"virginiaisforvikinglovers" wrote:
    I have been trying to follow the stadium situation since Jerry Jones made news with his comments. There is very little to learn via the internet. An intresting Goggle image search does show some really nice conceptual designs, only problem is that too many of them are in LA.
    Living in Virginia I feel like I really don't have a dog in this fight, I don't vote or pay taxes in Mn.
    2011 is coming fast, when the lease for The met is up something will have to be done, I like the Wilf's however sooner or later I think they will either get a new stadium or move, and Later is looking closer than sooner.
    If you ever make it back for a game, then you certainly do have something to contribute.
    Write one (or many) of the Minnesota representatives and let them know just how much out of state money you spend in Minnesota on game day.

I live in North Dakota, and I agree that out of state residents don't (and shouldn't) have as much say, but we should just keep our opinions to ourselves either.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What part of VA you from?
    Newport News here.
    If I had my way (if they leave MN), they will land down here.......

The Bowers Hill Vikings have a nice ring to it.
    ;D

As to info......

Just above were you type your replies you will see the search function.
    Type in stuff like "Stadium" and it will bring up all kinds of stuff on here no matter what topic.

Here is a old one on the stadium effort.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...c,13176.0.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I went to the Oakland Raiders game there in 07, Great Game. Peterson was out but CT ran all over them. I also dropped a couple grand in the city that weekend. Anyhow, I am in Lynchburg Virginia, retired Navy. Spent allot of time in Norfolk/Va Beach. Still get down there every so often on Business, I hate it though cause the Traffic sucks! I agree with emailing the Politicians, if enough people do it they may figure out that it is in there best intrest to act, that is after all the only thing they seem to care about any more.

I went to the Oakland Raiders game there in 07, Great Game. Peterson was out but CT ran all over them. I also dropped a couple grand in the city that weekend. Anyhow, I am in Lynchburg Virginia, retired Navy. Spent allot of time in Norfolk/Va Beach. Still get down there every so often on Business, I hate it though cause the Traffic sucks! I agree with emailing the Politicians, if enough people do it they may figure out that it is in there best intrest to act, that is after all the only thing they seem to care about any more.
    As I said in your intro thread. Retired RMCS(SW) here.
    You or your dad get this way again, give me a shout. Take ya fishing on the bay.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I am retired EMC Pops is retired BTCM. Great to meet you and thank you for the invite!

NAVY CHIEF NAVY PRIDE!

I'm also an out of state fan, so I don't have much say and its a little harder to keep up on the stadium situation.
    I remember reading awhile back that Wilf was in favor of an open air stadium?
    Is this correct or am I misremembering what I read?
    Personally, I'd love to see the team playing outdoors again in Minnesota.
    The advantage they had at the Met with the cold and snow was second to none.
    The LA Rams would come up in January and freeze thier dimply buttocks off and the Vikes players wouldn't even be wearing sleeves.
    We had the psychological advantage because of the weather and it was like winning the game before the game so to speak.
    It seemed like we always beat them back then.
    Anyway, just wondering if Wilf still wants an open air stadium and what the fans of Minnesota think the possibility would be getting an open air stadium vs dome? Also, if it came down to it and we didnt have a new stadium in 2011 could the Vikes possibly play a season or two at the Gophers new stadium while trying to work out a deal for one of their own?
    Or would the university never allow it?
    Thanks, sorry for so many questions.
    "When God was making defensive ends he made Jim Marshall first. Then everything else followed." -- Joe Kapp.

I am retired EMC Pops is retired BTCM. Great to meet you and thank you for the invite!

NAVY CHIEF NAVY PRIDE!
    Blue and Gold, proud to serve.
    Brother is a MMCS (SS)(Retired) and other Brother is a TMC(SS).

When we get together we have our own little Chiefs Mess.

"Marrdro" wrote:

NAVY CHIEF NAVY PRIDE!
    Blue and Gold, proud to serve.
    Brother is a MMCS (SS)(Retired) and other Brother is a TMC(SS).

When we get together we have our own little Chiefs Mess.

Can you imagine a Goat Locker with nothing but Viking fans! LOL

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Ever really thought about what that means, a dog in this fight?
    Is this a Virginia thing?
    We have so many saying that we use and don't really think about where they come from, common place.
    Isn't Vick from Virginia also?

Sorry to get of topic.

They will get something done.
    We just need to distance ourselves in time from the Gopher's and Twins stadiums.
    You are right it is difficult to find out much about the possibilities, I think part of that is because people are tired of getting their hopes up..
    There was that idea in Blain MN that had a nice mock up of the building, but that was shot down.
    It came down to taxes I think.
    That is what a lot of this is coming down to, is the people of MN don't want to pay more in taxes or take away from tax money that goes to support regular MN citizens.
    I don't live in MN but I have family that lives there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast