Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: New stadium

  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: New stadium

    Retractable roof...BEST of BOTH worlds...screw the cost!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    canadian_vikes_fan's Avatar
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: New stadium

    Up here in Winnipeg (where it REALLY gets cold) we have an open roof stadium. Mind you we only play until November - but I remember when we had the Grey Cup here in Winnipeg in 98 at the end of November - we had to shovel off all the snow before game time. Now that's football.

    Really, though, I remember going to that game, and I didn't really like it at all, and I don't think many other people did. We ALL froze our @sses off and so did the players. I remember the QB's could hardly even hold onto the ball. The game turned into 2-and-outs, because everyone was just handing the ball off.

    That's what its gonna be like come playoff time in Minnesota if we have an open stadium. I say go for the dome.

    Thanks PPE for the sig.

  3. #23
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: New stadium

    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Up here in Winnipeg (where it REALLY gets cold) we have an open roof stadium. Mind you we only play until November - but I remember when we had the Grey Cup here in Winnipeg in 98 at the end of November - we had to shovel off all the snow before game time. Now that's football.

    Really, though, I remember going to that game, and I didn't really like it at all, and I don't think many other people did. We ALL froze our @sses off and so did the players. I remember the QB's could hardly even hold onto the ball. The game turned into 2-and-outs, because everyone was just handing the ball off.

    That's what its gonna be like come playoff time in Minnesota if we have an open stadium. I say go for the dome.
    WIMP!!! Just kidding....I agree, except make it retractable roof! All baseball and football stadiums should be retractable roof IMHO! Just like my car!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #24
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: New stadium

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Retractable roof...BEST of BOTH worlds...screw the cost!!!
    Do you prefer an open air stadium or a domed one?
    Open Air
    65% [ 28 ]
    Domed
    34% [ 15 ]


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    57

    Re: New stadium

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Retractable roof...BEST of BOTH worlds...screw the cost!!!
    Do you prefer an open air stadium or a domed one?
    Open Air
    65% [ 28 ]
    Domed
    34% [ 15 ]

    Speaking as a Pat's fan, I think the city/team is crazy if they don't go with either an open air or retractable roof stadium.

    Homefield advantage (and getting used to playing in the cold) has been hugely important to their championship seasons.
    I killed the wabbit.

  6. #26
    kyleo1967's Avatar
    kyleo1967 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    219

    Re: New stadium

    Keep in mind that the Vikes have had a horrible record out doors that last few years. That said, I'm old school... bring on the elements!

  7. #27
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: New stadium

    "kyleo1967" wrote:
    Keep in mind that the Vikes have had a horrible record out doors that last few years. That said, I'm old school... bring on the elements!
    The only we will get better is if we actually play outside.

  8. #28
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: New stadium

    By the time a stadium would be ready for the team, we would have had at least a couple drafts and free agentcys to prepare.

    I voted Open Stadium, but Retractable is the way to go. They are saying that hosting one SB with pay for the stadium.

    I say take the Commisioner up on the offer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. What do you want in our new stadium?
    By OchoCinco in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 02:13 PM
  2. Yay, stadium
    By DeathtoDenny in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 01:02 PM
  3. We really need a new stadium
    By akvikefan89 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 04:48 AM
  4. New stadium
    By bignate13 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 09:36 PM
  5. Stadium?
    By VikemanX84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 06:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •