Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium

Articnv is offline Coach

New Stadium

I no there have bene other posts regarding a new stadium. But here goes

Since this a is contarct year with state and tyhe unions a stadium bill will not go thru regardless of ownership until after the contract si negoited.

If a stadium bill went tru for a new stadium the unions will strike if they do not get what there seeking for. Primarly better insurance benfits, and the end of teh wage freeze. As with insurance benifts now statesome state employees have to be on Minnesota care bcz of the wage freeze because tehy can not afford the insurance the state gives because Of Jesse.

This i now as my mom is on the negtion teams for the AFSCME. The biggest state employee union.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: New Stadium

Jesse was a disaster. Thanks for proving me right, big wrassler!

They could push a stadium bill through if they wanted, irrespective of the feelings of AFSCME I believe. But you are right, if they threatended strike, what it does is put the politicians in the pickle.

But, in the end, that could backfire very badly for AFSCME. Pitting fans against gov't employees...

Articnv is offline Coach

AFSCME and MAPE stroke a few years ago. I was walkign the picket line with my mom

There not afraid to striek again. AFSCME is not the only union there more. AFSCME dose the main negitoing. What ASFCME gets the other unions get pretty much teh same deal.

From what some of the legistlators told the union there not much of talk for stadium till the contracts are settled first.

IdahoViking is offline Rookie

I have put the hopes for a new stadium in the back of my mind. It appears that the people of Minnesota don't want to fund a stadium anytime soon. So let's curl up this winter in the comfy confines of the Hubert. H. Humphry Metrodome.

A true work of art, with a touch of class!!
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

I think the state employees need to shut up and take a hit like the rest of the state has. There are more important things this state needs to deal with than office workers crying about their wages. If it was so bad for these people and they needed what ever they feel they need to strike for...quit, find a non-union job that accually gives benifts without being forced to. I think we have waited long enough for a stadium bill to be passed, it was not all jesse that prevented a stadium. Dick Day and his counterparts who will do what ever they can to stop a stadium for some reason i still cannot understand. I am tired of going to a third-class stadium built as a quick fix to what they had before. Look around the country and see all the new, fan friendly stadiums that are being built with state help. I don't see schools closing or overpaid state employees losing jobs. The leaders of this state are a joke and really makes me question how long i can continue to put up with 3rd graders running the state. :thebirdman:
    You republican whore!

Articnv is offline Coach

At your job you get raises state employyes have took awage freeze for 2 years. There not belly aching. If u want union people to quite u wont have teahcers, u wont have your cops, you want have your your corrections employees, the people who fix roads and plow roads, before you start sayign they shoudl quite learn little more.. State employee are the most under apriacted and most bitched about. Hell even pro sparts have unions. state employees took a major hit last contract. they make less nwo then they did 4 years ago. All the state employee are askign for is a raise somethign they havnt had in 2 years and better insurance soem thing that wa s decent is now so worthless peopel have to go thru MN care wich si the state helath care asstance program or fidn a difrent provider. Unlike you, you probly havnt worked for the same place for 20 years. With teh job market it is now its hard to find a job thats emotly close to the ones they have now

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I think it is a mute point about the stadium in the next few years. It is apparent that we have to honor the contract at the HHH Dome. Until that is a little closer to being up, the new stadium is on the backburner.

As far as wage increases, before I was self-employed I went 4 years without a cost of living wage increase(.03) for a non-profit organization. Times are hard all over, thank whichever president you want out of all that have worked in the last 4 1/2 years. I think it is going to get worse before it gets better.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The state Legislature needs to get off its collective a$$es and get something done before it's too late...get that stadium deal going!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

No-one works at the same job for 20 years anymore. Your job will change because of restructuring of a company and so on. Most know before they get the job for teachers, police officers, etc. that hey will not make a lot of money in the first place. I was part of a union at one time and it the the worst expirence I have ever had. Unions will do anything possible to keep senior employees even if they don't do their job, I witnessed that for over 2 years finally i got sick of it and took a huge wage cut, yeah I don't have what I did before but I don't have to do someone elses job anymore. People are able to make a decient wage without unions, look at Mayo, one of the largest employers in the state and it is non-union, people make great wages and have really good health care. If you don't think you are being treated right quit, find a different job..its simple there are jobs out there, I will never side with a union employee, they chose that job, they knew what they were getting into when they took the job. There is no reason the stadium issue should not be one of the major concerns for the state, the Vikings pull in millions every year for the state, now it is time after 40+ years they get a stadium biult for them WITH public financing(that is a loan for some of the late people who might not understand the difference)and get this thing done!!!!
    You republican whore!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

My dad is in a union and has worked at the same place for 25 years. Without Unions you can be laid off for no reason. Unions have given us lots of what we have today.

Look at the 1920s and the history of unions with Samuel Gompers and The AFL. The Triangle Shirtwaist fire, the HAymarket affair. Unions paved the way for business.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast