Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium

Oklilbraker is offline Waterboy

New Stadium

Hopefully the new stadium will emphasize our 12th man. The Dallas and Lucas oil stadiums are cool, but the acoustics of Century Link are fantastic. I hope the selected builders can create a stadium that can fully compliment our 12th man, and not just a visually stunning stadium. SKOL!!!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I wasn't impressed with the roof or window at lucas oil stadium. It was more like a sunroof than true convertable.
    I think a jumbo tron similar to Cowboys stadium would be awesome.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I'm not too thrilled about possibly ending up with a stadium that looks like Lucas Oil field. Watching that game in Indy 2 weeks ago was hard on the eyes with all those shadows and bright sun. I wonder if it's hard on the eyes in person too? I don't know why shadows aren't considered when they design stadiums. Even games played in outdoor stadiums with shadow problems are hard to watch.

I hope we don't end up with an obnoxious jumbo tron like Cowboys stadium lol. That thing is ridiculously too big. I heard early on that it was making fans nautious because it was like sitting too close to a TV. Not to mention all the concerns they had about it interfering with punts.

I just hope we design something different. I don't want to see us copy some other teams stadium. And I really don't want to see a retractable roof, not if it's going to be like any of the current crop of retractable roofs. They're all big, clunky, and unsightly, and in 10 years they'll be just as passe as inflatable domes were by the early 90's.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Minnesota Vikings stadium: See the design concepts

Minnesota Vikings stadium: See the design concepts - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Although radical in design, I hope the Vikings don't chose to build this glorified igloo.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Or the glass Tee Pee for that matter. Those designs suck.

I wish they'd show those concepts in what would be their actual surroundings.

There's a shitload of buildings gone in the igloo concept, including the tram & the roads are quite different. The teepee concept looks like it's built in a huge vacant area miles from downtown.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Looks like they are stealing concepts designs from some sort of stereo types from Minnesota's neighbor's or neighbour's as it might be; igloo's from Canada or tipi's from the Dakotas waiting to see the trailer park theme from Wisconsin next but not sure how they will work the car on block into the venue

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Looks like they are stealing concepts designs from some sort of stereo types from Minnesota's neighbor's or neighbour's as it might be; igloo's from Canada or tipi's from the Dakotas waiting to see the trailer park theme from Wisconsin next but not sure how they will work the car on block into the venue
    Don't forget the Iowa concept that will be built primarily out of corn.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    HEY!!! We don't all live in trailer parks in Wisconsin....

...ok....we do....

...but some of us have double-wides at least!!!!

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast