Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: A new spin on an old question...

"Json" wrote:
    Gary fricken Anderson and the shanked kick in 98. I'm still bitter about that one.

Yeah i would have to say Anderson just becuase of his 98' FG miss!!! other than that he was a good kicker, but he just blew it for us big time!!! My least favorite experience is when Randy Moss was supposed to be walking off the field then stop at the side line and take the catch for the fake PAT, but instead he didn't know what was going on so he just walked off the field!! I know its not as bad as some of yours, but it just shows how pathetic the coaching was to let something like that happen!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Spergeon Wynn ranks up there pretty high, as does Gary Anderson for that miss (although he had a GREAT year leading up to that, so we probably wouldn't have been there w/out him, so you can't cut on the dude too much).

I have to say though, my least favorite Viking is Robert Smith. I'm not mad (although it sucked) that he walked out on the team in his prime, that's his decision obviously, but I'm mad at the way he acted towards yours truly.

As the story goes, I was 14 years old and staying in the same hotel as the Vikes. I stood outside and waited for some of the players to come and check in to the hotel, hoping for some autographs. Well the very first player that came up was Robert Smith. He got out of his car, and there I am, 14 years old standing with my dad, with NO ONE else around, he was alone, wasn't on a cell phone or talking to anyone, just walking into the hotel, and I walked up to him with my hat and a pen and said "Mr. Smith could I have..." and he sticks his hand IN MY FACE (didn't make contact, I would have been on the ground, lol), doesn't even look at me and says "No." Well I had never asked anyone for an autograph before, and I was only 14 so I was a little upset. My dad just shook his head.

Later that night though I got Gary Anderson, Cris Carter and Chris Walsh's autographs along with some other players as well...so it turned out pretty well. That really turned me off of Smith though.

arvid is offline Waterboy

My Worst? 1975 of course - Roger Staubach-Drew Pearson - offensive pass interference that wasn't called on Pearson against Nate Wright. I was young - and pumped and Tark and Foreman and Eller and Page - I still think that was our best team ever - 12-2 that year - we would have won it all! Second Worst? I was at the anderson-miss-fg in '98 championship game - unbelievable - definitely made me think that The Vikes just are not suppose to win the big one!

Favorite? All the games - loved the way Foreman danced - but I especially loved the Randy Moss game against the Cowfags in Big D on Thanksgiving in his rookie year. 3 catches - two TDs and like 175 yards or something like that. He caught one - fairly short and absolutely 'bo-jacksoned' down the sideline - they all had angles on him and he just blew doors and disappeared to the endzone - it was amazing. I was in Oklahoma with a bunch of in-law cowfag fans - so, i was loving it!

arvid

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I don't really have a least favorite player, but I have two worst Viking moments. One would be the 98 missed field goal, and the other one was when Arizona knocked us out of the playoffs with that last minute touchdown. I cried both times and will never forget either one. Well I've cried many times with the Vikes, but those are the two worst I can remember.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Dimitrius Underwood

No explaination necessary. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

two words: denard walker. not only did he suck the whole year, but all he had to do was bat down the pass... but no..... he had to push nate freaking poole out, ergo pushing us out of the playoffs...

as for gary, can't place the blame on the 98 championship game solely on anderson though, we had a chance to drive down the field at the end of the game (with our record setting offense) but denny 'da knee' green decides to fold. we deserved to lose that one.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Demetrius Underwood, he should have seen Dr. Kavorkian for his problems.

worst experience..had to been the hail mary pass from Roger the dodger.

Aberration is offline Rookie

Doug Brien was really hard to watch, otherwise Jimmy Hitchcock, Denard Walker... or Dale Carter

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Mr. Anderson seems like a nice guy and was good overall. Therefore, I conclude that he is not my least favorite player.

However, my least favorite player would be Mr. Napoleon Harris as he did not live up to not our expectations after the disappointing trade that our former owner, Mr. Mcombs, made.

An honorable mention award would go to Mr. Derek Ross for not holding onto the football, which he appeared to recover in the video clip at http://www.packerssuck.com/2004/111504.html , ultimately costing what probably would have resulted in the Minnesota Viking's winning the National Football League North Division title in 2003. However, this was also the fault of the referees of the National Football League.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah mines gotta be Spergon Wynn. I remember when he first took the field i was being an optimist thinking maybe he will surprise us and do good...... Nope just sucked :lol:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast