Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

A new spin on an old question...

Who is your LEAST favorite Viking (past or present).....or what is your worst experience involving a Viking player?

My least favorite player would have to be Spergon Wynn(less). A close second is Amp Lee. Wynn was probably the most useless player to ever don the purple and gold, and what made it worse, is that he was under Center. Amp Lee is my second choice, because I still swear that he was nothing more than sabotage after he came over from the Rams.

My least favorite experiences involve Cris Carter and John "Big Dog" Randle. Those two acted like signing autographs at Training Camp was totally beneath them. Two consecutive years, I (and many others) attempted getting them to sign something, and they couldn't be bothered. While all the other players were walking back to the locker room from training drills and signing autographs with a smile, Randle and Carter acted like they were deaf with tunnel vision...never so much as glancing away from the door to the locker room.

I still love what they did on gameday, and they're still two of my favorite players...I just thought it was a pretty crappy attitude for two of the most popular players on the team at that time.

Re: A new spin on an old question...

Put me down for Dwayne Rudd. That guy had some talent, but acted like an idiot. I will never forget that return he made for a touchdown and "toyed" with the guy (think it was the bears) who was trailing him. He was/is so bush league.
    No personal experiences, live to far away.

Json is offline GM

Gary fricken Anderson and the shanked kick in 98. I'm still bitter about that one.

I lived in Nevada at the time, but went up there one year ('99, IIRC) for Training Camp, and to meet someone...that was the first experience I had with Carter and Randle's arrogance The second time it happened, I had moved up there and went to TC again, and they hadn't changed.

Since then, I've moved back to Nevada. Don't know when or if I'll ever get to go back or not. Hopefully, for the sake of other fans, the players aren't acting like that anymore.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I'd go with either Derrick Alexander or Kenny Wright
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"Json" wrote:
    Gary fricken Anderson and the shanked kick in 98. I'm still bitter about that one.
    I feel the same brother. The same way

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Prophet Guest

My worse experience was with Matt Blair. I wrote this before in a thread somewhere. I sold tickets (6th grade) to a BB game between some of the Vikings greats and the local HS teachers. I won the contest and received an Allan Page jersey and went to get the signatures and Matt Blair used a stamp to sign the jersey...I was thinking what a lazy bastard, can't even take a few seconds to sign the jersey for the kid that was recognized at half-time of the BB game for selling the most tickets to the event? I thought that was pretty lame and lost respect for him.

Wally Hilgenburg was a hilarious though. That guy cracked me up.

"Json" wrote:

There's alot of bitterness to go around for that...LOL I can't help but feel bad for the guy, though. You know that missed kick had to have haunted HIM way more than any of us. If it had been me that had been PERFECT all year long, and then missed the most important kick of the season, I'm pretty sure I'd be having nightmares about it to this very day.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Least Favorite? Kelly Campbell. What a douche bag. He talked more shit and backed it up with nothing. I can't stand bench warmers who talk trash.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    My worse experience was with Matt Blair. I wrote this before in a thread somewhere. I sold tickets (6th grade) to a BB game between some of the Vikings greats and the local HS teachers. I won the contest and received an Allan Page jersey and went to get the signatures and Matt Blair used a stamp to sign the jersey...I was thinking what a lazy bastard, can't even take a few seconds to sign the jersey for the kid that was recognized at half-time of the BB game for selling the most tickets to the event? I thought that was pretty lame and lost respect for him.
    Interesting....I got my Matt Blair autograph at a similar sort of traveling Vikings basketball game and he signed my program himself.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast