Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new site opened

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

new site opened

the vikings.com site is opened and looks a lot better

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

new site opened

I am very impressed with it.
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

new site opened

Looks good! It's about time they updated it. :cheers:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

new site opened

The new site looks GREAT :!: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

new site opened

From what I can see, it looks good. Too bad that's not very much. It's not loading on my computer. This sucks. Man, I wish I could see the whole thing!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

new site opened

They made an extremely poor choice in technologies to run the site and I am very disappointed. The site needs to be able to viewed by everyone, and not everyone has a speedy computer with speedy bandwith and the latest software. One reason we keep our sites fairly straightforward is so that it is accessible to everyone. Sites like that one to me just scream ego by the developers/marketers without any true concern that they may lose a bunch of the audience. Why would they make a choice that affects their fans that way? Most of the pro NFL sites give weight to this consideration and make appropriate sites.

What it was: they realized they were behind, and rather than making prudent decisions they jumped ahead and tried to use "cool" as the main focus. The main focus should be accessible, easy to find content and knowledge, as well as very easy to use which it won't be for certain segments of people.

What about folks in the reaches of rural MN who turn to the site for their news? What about the fans who are not terribly computer savvy, and now there is this confusing way to navigate, or else features that are smooth visually but nowhere near readily apparent to the some users?

I saw it and wondered how soon we would hear things like what we hear from RJ. Cool, but....

Just speaking from my position as a CIO. From a Vikings fan perspective, cool, when it works.

SKOL!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

new site opened

Actually, we just got a brand new computer and the internet just stopped working a couple days ago. I can't see quite a few sites. Yours still works fine though. I don't know what i'd do if I couldn't at least get to this site. Thanks for making such a great site.

tdawg0002 is offline Rookie

new site opened

As usual, you are correct. They should worry less about how it looks and more about everyone being able to access it. I am impressed with the site, but I also understand that I am lucky enough to have a great computer (or stupid enough considering I spent more money than I probably should've to buy a top-notch computer). Anywho, just stating that I agree with the webmaster's analysis of the site.
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

new site opened

"webmaster" wrote:
    They made an extremely poor choice in technologies to run the site and I am very disappointed. The site needs to be able to viewed by everyone, and not everyone has a speedy computer with speedy bandwith and the latest software. One reason we keep our sites fairly straightforward is so that it is accessible to everyone. Sites like that one to me just scream ego by the developers/marketers without any true concern that they may lose a bunch of the audience. Why would they make a choice that affects their fans that way? Most of the pro NFL sites give weight to this consideration and make appropriate sites.

What it was: they realized they were behind, and rather than making prudent decisions they jumped ahead and tried to use "cool" as the main focus. The main focus should be accessible, easy to find content and knowledge, as well as very easy to use which it won't be for certain segments of people.

What about folks in the reaches of rural MN who turn to the site for their news? What about the fans who are not terribly computer savvy, and now there is this confusing way to navigate, or else features that are smooth visually but nowhere near readily apparent to the some users?

I saw it and wondered how soon we would hear things like what we hear from RJ. Cool, but....

Just speaking from my position as a CIO. From a Vikings fan perspective, cool, when it works.

SKOL!
    hey webby why dont you give them a hand. They obviosuly dont see what our see or what anyone else sees or wants to see. I believe you have enough website knowledge to help them out as well.

Then you can tell everyone that your run two sites.

Give it a try, this site looked better then what it was before.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

new site opened

I'm sure if enough people email, they will have a lo-res version. I looked and didn't see a link to one yet, but most quality sites have a dial-up or such version you can click to.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast